• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can any team win without a elite QB

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bottom line, a team with a dominant defense can win without an elite quarterback.

No that's not the bottom line- It was just made clear that the Bears didn't win the SB because of Rex Grossman, didn't they have a dominant defense?
And wasn't a point made that Russell Wilson is now an elite QB?
This is what I'm talking about.... all over the map. BS. I'm just pointing it out.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think they can with without an elite quarterback, it's just a lot harder. I personally don't think Wilson is elite, and Seattle won it last year, and Flacco before that. But if your QB isn't extraordinary, it certainly takes everything else to work out in your favor.

I don't think this can or cannot thing is really the right way to look at it, like it is either a YES or NO outcome. Any team's Super Bowl viability is a combination of factors, I don't think there is one way to do it, but you have to have enough from enough parts of the team in order to have your hat in the ring. It is always interesting to watch how certain teams just happen to win games. I've never been convinced that Seattle was the best team in the league last year, but they played right at the right times against the right teams. Had the Bears won when they were in a few years ago, I don't think they were the "best" team in the league or even NFC. Winning a Super Bowl isn't some kind of precise barometer of everything being ideal on a team, it is the result of a bunch of circumstantial competition. There's more than one way to navigate the circumstances teams face in order to survive. It's like arguing over whether rats or crows are a more successful species.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me point something out, the one thing probably all of us agree on: we don't agree with each other on lots of football subjects. We are on here debating with one another. I'd advise you to stop extrapolating anyone's individual opinion into the entire fanbase nor into other subjects

Ha... thanks defacto leader of message board posters! I see how you are trying to play the "we" card. That's nice.
What the hell have I been doing? Not debating? Not suggesting a different point of view? Ha. Something that you like to disagree with me on every single point. Not because it's right or wrong- but because you have to be superior.

Do you guys even really understand the hypocrisy and laughing stock of what this fan base has become? Change is odd like that. And I KNOW, I know...as soon as I make a comment about the fan base- some of you will take offense and start bitching about how I'm not a real bears fan or some bullshit. Shit we can't even agree on why a team LOST!! Who the F cares??
The Bears haven't won anything in 30 years... and change is needed in all things- GM, coaching, players, Scheme...and YES even fan base bullshit.

I'm always open for a debate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the answer is Yes? Remember I said todays NFL. Meaning now, starting today moving forward. The rules have recently changed so much that even 2 seasons ago is accent.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a good question for myou all..........

You wanna talk about does take an elite qb to win the SB this day and age.

Well eith the qbs that have won it over recent years,there have been really good ones.
Wilson
Flacco
Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Ben
Brady
peyton

yeah,I gotta say its gonna take a very very good qb to win it.

So if you thnink our dipshit qb is good enough to win the SB,is he good enough to win it on one of the final 4 teams this year?
This is what I`m asking you guys.........

I think the only team he could possibly win it all with would be Seattle...........And he`d have nothing ot do it.It would be Seattle D that would get the job done.
I disagree with the bolded. Russell Wilson is the perfect QB for that team. He can extend plays with his legs, doesn't really ever take big hits, and takes care of the football. Cutler would turn the ball over too much on that team, wouldn't move the chains quite as much, and probably get injured a lot.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not the bottom line- It was just made clear that the Bears didn't win the SB because of Rex Grossman, didn't they have a dominant defense?
And wasn't a point made that Russell Wilson is now an elite QB?
This is what I'm talking about.... all over the map. BS. I'm just pointing it out.

Wasn"t it pointed out that the colts ran all over the bears in the second half? The dominant defense disappeared in the super bowl. First half was 16-14 second half score was 13-3. So they did not have a dominant defense in the super bowl when they gave up 191 yards rushing and 247 yards passing. Sorry, but 436 yards a game is not an elite performance in anyones book. If they played their dominant defense they would have held the colts to less than 100 rushing and it might have evened the game.

No matter what you write its all the one finite way you see it. The colts held the bears to 276 yards. Grossman has a 5.9 QBR with two picks. Manning only had a 60.7 QBR. MAnning didnt even play elite.

The only point about Wilson is he is earning the title of elite, it is not being given to him with his paycheck. You are so stuck on needing Jay Cutler here you find any possible way to find a reason he is needed here. Grossman was real close to cutler stats 23 td's and 20 interceptions. Thats no way to be considered elite. Difference was Grossman was not a douche and the bear defense played hard enough for him to keep the turnovers out of the end zone.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the bolded. Russell Wilson is the perfect QB for that team. He can extend plays with his legs, doesn't really ever take big hits, and takes care of the football. Cutler would turn the ball over too much on that team, wouldn't move the chains quite as much, and probably get injured a lot.

Right, but if a backup is needed in the superbowl, the seattle defense is good enough to shut down the competition and still win.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ha... thanks defacto leader of message board posters! I see how you are trying to play the "we" card. That's nice.
What the hell have I been doing? Not debating? Not suggesting a different point of view? Ha. Something that you like to disagree with me on every single point. Not because it's right or wrong- but because you have to be superior.

Do you guys even really understand the hypocrisy and laughing stock of what this fan base has become? Change is odd like that. And I KNOW, I know...as soon as I make a comment about the fan base- some of you will take offense and start bitching about how I'm not a real bears fan or some bullshit. Shit we can't even agree on why a team LOST!! Who the F cares??
The Bears haven't won anything in 30 years... and change is needed in all things- GM, coaching, players, Scheme...and YES even fan base bullshit.

I'm always open for a debate.

I'm not trying to play the "we" card. I am pointing out how you are lumping everyone's different opinion s together and finding the resulting stew confusing. It is confusing because you are lumping different opinions together.

Since I don't "even really understand the hypocrisy and laughing stock of what this fan base has become?"...why don't you explain it to me. What's that you say, we don't all agree? Dude, I have news for you....that's true of every single fan base of every single professional sporting team on Earth. Is there something unusual about this? I'd like you to explain that.

And I have read a lot of people disagreeing with you on this or that....but I don't ever remember anyone saying you aren't a real Bears fan. Who has said that to you Joey? Could you point to some specific examples? I may not agree with you on much, but I don't doubt you are a Bears fan, and I find it hard to believe any of the other posters don't think you are either. I'm curious...who thinks you aren't a real Bears fan?

I don't think anyone doubts that change is needed in the team. But change for change's sake itself isn't necessarily good or bad....bad change is worse than no change. What everyone on here debates, in their own way, is what changes they think are good. That doesn't make the fan base a laughing stock...it makes it an internet message board that talks football about their team. Maybe you consider that to be "fan base bullshit." I don't. I consider that a part of being a fan of professional sports.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so stuck on needing Jay Cutler here you find any possible way to find a reason he is needed here.
What? When did I say that? I'm a Cutler fan- sure... but I've repeatedly said it's more about the lack of anything better, and how it would hurt the cap.
If you could tell me that it was a guarantee that the next guy, would be better I would agree.

What I've fought against is the blatant "It's all Cutlers fault" BS. And the idea if we just got rid of him we would be better. That's what I've been disagreeing with.

I don't want a repeat of the 15 years prior to Jay Cutler. And from what I've seen and read from many, is that's not a concern.

That quote is simply you- reading into what you want, when you seen I post something.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Wasn"t it pointed out that the colts ran all over the bears in the second half? The dominant defense disappeared in the super bowl.

It was pointed out, by you, but not persuasively. I still don't agree that a defense that gives up 6 points in the second half of football "disappeared." I think that's totally wrong. You obviously don't agree with me. Gotcha.

Now, Joey sees you and I disagreeing about this and chalks it up to the fan base being hypocrites. So dude, we better stop disagreeing over that game, because to do so would make the fanbase a laughingstock, and I think everyone should realize that the only result of us arguing is that we are ratcheting up the fan base bullshit and fighting change.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what your saying is cutler could not win it even with the defense that Seattle has?

I could agree with that too.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn"t it pointed out that the colts ran all over the bears in the second half? The dominant defense disappeared in the super bowl. First half was 16-14 second half score was 13-3. So they did not have a dominant defense in the super bowl when they gave up 191 yards rushing and 247 yards passing. Sorry, but 436 yards a game is not an elite performance in anyones book. If they played their dominant defense they would have held the colts to less than 100 rushing and it might have evened the game.

No matter what you write its all the one finite way you see it. The colts held the bears to 276 yards. Grossman has a 5.9 QBR with two picks. Manning only had a 60.7 QBR. MAnning didnt even play elite.

The only point about Wilson is he is earning the title of elite, it is not being given to him with his paycheck. You are so stuck on needing Jay Cutler here you find any possible way to find a reason he is needed here. Grossman was real close to cutler stats 23 td's and 20 interceptions. Thats no way to be considered elite. Difference was Grossman was not a douche and the bear defense played hard enough for him to keep the turnovers out of the end zone.

And it was a sham he got the SBMVP trophy..........if I remember right,that distinction should have been handed to Rhodes.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pointed out, by you, but not persuasively. I still don't agree that a defense that gives up 6 points in the second half of football "disappeared." I think that's totally wrong. You obviously don't agree with me. Gotcha.

Now, Joey sees you and I disagreeing about this and chalks it up to the fan base being hypocrites. So dude, we better stop disagreeing over that game, because to do so would make the fanbase a laughingstock, and I think everyone should realize that the only result of us arguing is that we are ratcheting up the fan base bullshit and fighting change.

yeah, my mistake, there was a pick 6 in there. I guess we could have counted on cutler to throw one of those though.