• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can and will Dallas void the Porzingis trade?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like she was a whore...fucked him then wanted money.

but it also sounds like NY wasn't honest in trade talks by not calling it a r*pe....
Unless He is convicted for the alleged crime, it's not an issue. Remember Kobe Bryant?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to jump to conclusions on either side.

But here is a scenario:

KP has just had the worst day of his professional life. He is 22 years old and he does what many 22 year olds do after a bad day. Get wasted and try to get laid.

He is upset and wasted. Girl says no, but he presses on. Maybe the girl likes him so when he feels bad and offers to pay her, she agrees. She doesn't want to ruin his life because she thinks it was out of character for him.

Then after receiving legal advice, KP is told not to pay her because there is no evidence and she can't prove it. Payment only makes him look guilty. And because she is in text asking for $, now she looks guilty.

Maybe that is not at all what happened, but there are certainly ways to explain both parties' behavior that still started with KP raping her.

Fact is, we don't have any idea what happened in that apartment and speculating on either side with any degree of certainty is a bad idea.
She might be hustling him for a few million dollars though - They may have agreed to have sexual consent and then she tried to stop him when he started hurting her and a lot of guys don't understand that they need to stop when the woman says to stop. Really - I think that is the result of bad parenting because they were not taught correctly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here is a scenario:

KP has just had the worst day of his professional life. He is 22 years old and he does what many 22 year olds do after a bad day. Get wasted and try to get laid.

He is upset and wasted. Girl says no, but he presses on. Maybe the girl likes him so when he feels bad and offers to pay her, she agrees. She doesn't want to ruin his life because she thinks it was out of character for him.

Then after receiving legal advice, KP is told not to pay her because there is no evidence and she can't prove it. Payment only makes him look guilty. And because she is in text asking for $, now she looks guilty.

Maybe that is not at all what happened, but there are certainly ways to explain both parties' behavior that still started with KP raping her.

Fact is, we don't have any idea what happened in that apartment and speculating on either side with any degree of certainty is a bad idea.
this is a dumb fucking post

a. let me speculate

b. but lets not speculate

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a dumb fucking post

a. let me speculate

b. but lets not speculate

Shocker of the century.

You calling my post dumb.

Damn you are pathetic.

What I said specifically was:

"Speculating with any degree of certainty was a bad idea"

And I didn't do that.

I very clearly stated this was a hypothetical explaining possible reasons for the woman to do what she did. So many here are jumping to conclusions about her motives. And people need to stop doing that with so little information because it is possible she is a victim.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She might be hustling him for a few million dollars though - They may have agreed to have sexual consent and then she tried to stop him when he started hurting her and a lot of guys don't understand that they need to stop when the woman says to stop. Really - I think that is the result of bad parenting because they were not taught correctly

She might be hustling him.

That was my point. We don't know.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker of the century.

You calling my post dumb.

Damn you are pathetic.

What I said specifically was:

"Speculating with any degree of certainty was a bad idea"

And I didn't do that.

I very clearly stated this was a hypothetical explaining possible reasons for the woman to do what she did. So many here are jumping to conclusions about her motives. And people need to stop doing that with so little information because it is possible she is a victim.
The problem with accusations like that is it almost always will be He said and she said with no proof. If the women were molested, then a lawsuit and $$$$ Is the only justice they will ever get. I have always felt that the NBA has been coming up short in educating the kids about how not to fall into these traps

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe, not hit, unless you mean he "hit that"...

Hard to see r*pe in photos, but I thought she said he broke her nose? That would show in photos.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here is a scenario:

taht sounds reasonable, until you account for it being $68k. If there was any sex, and especially if it were rough or questionable treament...you pay that in a heartbeat.

It just doesn't make sense why he would risk his career and freedom over such a low payment if there was any chance it could be true.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taht sounds reasonable, until you account for it being $68k. If there was any sex, and especially if it were rough or questionable treament...you pay that in a heartbeat.

It just doesn't make sense why he would risk his career and freedom over such a low payment if there was any chance it could be true.

Yeah, I agree.

Still don't want to make assumptions.

$68,000 is a lot of money for many people.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, while I agree with @tlance that we shouldn't be making assumptions...

$68k seems like a very small amount if she was truly raped. Almost like she decided to go after what, for her, might be a lot of money. But low enough that he would just pay her to go away.

Just seems like an odd amount to ask for.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$68k seems like a very small amount if she was truly raped. Almost like she decided to go after what, for her, might be a lot of money. But low enough that he would just pay her to go away.

It's called nuisance value or nuisance fee/money.
The smallest amount to make it go away.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I remember when I worked for AT&T and was in their management program, we had someone from legal come in to do a training.

He said that large companies and people with a lot of money face lawsuits all of the time. He said that most of the time, they just settle out of court, even if they're likely to win in court because the bad publicity they'd likely get would cost more than just paying the person to go away.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember when I worked for AT&T and was in their management program, we had someone from legal come in to do a training.

He said that large companies and people with a lot of money face lawsuits all of the time. He said that most of the time, they just settle out of court, even if they're likely to win in court because the bad publicity they'd likely get would cost more than just paying the person to go away.

On top of that, if you the accuser asks for a ridiculous amount of money, it can be turned against them that they are in it just for the money. For both sides, it's all about public perception and/or trying to win over a jury if it goes to trial.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most women would rather have 69.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think that Mark Cuban might have been the driver behind the work environment in the Dallas front office. His comments to media yesterday were pretty dumb, IMO. He should have kept it at "no comment" and taken the high ground.

Also heard that Cuban was accused of a sexual assault a few years ago where he stuck his hand down a woman's pants and basically fingered her while posing for a picture.

Cuban is a smart dude and a good owner, but seems like he might be a bit of a caveman.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, if he pays it, you then have them over a barrel since they're basically admitting they did something to give the money and try for more.