• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp talk...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right my Flyer's brothers........today officially kicks off our 2010-2011 Stanley Cup run with the first day of camp.

Hell fucking yeah!!! :D

So, if anyone has camps news, stats, vid clips or updates, let's put it in this thread for everyone's convenience.

Cool?? :cool::D;)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 65 players invited:

Forwards (36): Blair Betts, Danny Briere, Daniel Carcillo, Jeff Carter, Michael Chaput, Matt Clackson, Justin Dowling, Blake Gal, Claude Giroux, Bill Guerin, Shane Harper, Scott Hartnell, Ben Holmstrom, Jon Kalinski, Garrett Klotz, David Labrecque, David Laliberte, Ian Laperriere, Stefan Legein, Ville Leino, Pat Maroon, Tye McGinn, Greg Moore, Andreas Nodl, Luke Pither, Darroll Powe, Brendan Ranford, Mike Richards, Zac Rinaldo, Andrew Rowe, Michael Ryan, Jody Shelley, Mike Testwuide, James van Riemsdyk, Eric Wellwood, Nikolai Zherdev.

Defensemen (22): Oskars Bartulis, Ricard Blidstrand, Marc-Andre Bourdon, Matt Carle, Braydon Coburn, Chad Denny, Jesse Dudas, Cullen Eddy, Erik Gustafsson, Tyler Hostetter, Dan Jancevski, Ryan Lannon, Joonas Lehtivouri, Kevin Marshall, Andrej Meszaros, Sean O'Donnell, Joe Piskula, Chris Pronger, Logan Stephenson, J.P. Testwuide, Kimmo Timonen, Matt Walker.

Goaltenders (7): Johan Backlund, Sergei Bobrovsky, Brian Boucher, Michael Leighton, Adam Morrison, Nic Riopel, Brian Stewart

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My local paper reporter Wayne Fish (Courier Times) has covered the Flyers for 30-35 years and he asked Homer a couple of quick Q's yesterday about a couple of key subjects.

A lot of it is obvious and somewhat old news, but it's news, so I'm posting it. :D

On Pronger's status -- "We're not going to push him, put him out there before he's ready." "Over the last few days he's come a long ways. He'll be ready by the start of the season."

On Guerin's quest to make the team -- "There's no doubt he will increase the (job) competition at camp." "He has ties to the area." "I'm excited he's coming to camp....we'll see how it goes."

On Carter's RW experiment -- "Jeff's a good team guy, I'm sure he'll do whatever we feel is right in the best interests of the team." "We have depth at Center, so it's a nice problem to have."

On Zherdev not being expected to fill Gagne's shoes -- "He doesn't have to be the player.""He just has to one of the guys."

...and on Leighton -- "If he takes this season from good to very good, we think we have a good goalie on our hands." "We expect big things from him this year."

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{Chy is a level 5 now bitches!! LOL!}

:D:cool:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{Chy is a level 5 now bitches!! LOL!}

:D:cool:

Thanks to you my friend! Once the season starts, my great insight to the game should elevate me quickly:rolleyes:

On another nore, the daily news has some simular stuff. Problem is that they reaise a question and don't come near to answering it. Example: Will Guerin make the team? Answer, He is turning 40, has alot of goals and assists and will push the younger players..... Could casue the release of Powe or Carcillo. I was hoping the guy would take a side and say yes or now but he never does. FOr the record I say he signs!

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, who is Brian Stewart:confused:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting tidbit:

Numbers switch
Nikolai Zherdev and Mike Richards are still not in camp. Interesting that Zherdev has already lost his No. 9 jersey to Bill Guerin, who is here on a tryout. Low numbers often indicate a player’s likelihood of being on the roster.

Zherdev was assigned Petr Nedved’s old No. 93. Zherdev’s locker was moved beside Michael Leighton, while Guerin was assigned his stall near Jeff Carter. Guerin didn’t have a stall last week. Zherdev did, and now it’s been moved. Again, interesting tidbits for a player on a tryout contract. You can book it: Guerin will make this team and force a roster move.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 21st is when the real action starts. Preseason!!!!!!!!!!111

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, who is Brian Stewart:confused:

Posted: 04.05.2010 at 8:43 PM

MARQUETTE, MI -- Brian Stewart has signed an amateur tryout contract (ATO) with the Adirondack Phantoms, the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Burnaby, B.C. native was between the pipes in the Phantoms game Saturday (April 3) against the Albany River Rats. He gave up three goals in the 4-2 loss. In the same game, former Northern Michigan University standout, Erik Gustafsson picked up a goal and an assist. The night before (April 2) in the Phantoms 3-2 loss to the Syracuse Crunch, Gustafsson had two assists in his debut and was named the second star of the game.

Stewart was 18-11-7 with a 2.43 goal-against average and a .927 save-percentage for the 2009-10 season. During his NMU career, Stewart appeared in 117 games, with a record of 50-42-14. He had a career goal-against average of 2.53 and a save-percentage of .921. Stewart recorded 10 shutouts during his career.

Stewart is the fourth player from the 2009-10 NMU team to sign a contract.

“Brian is the guy who has been the backbone of this team for three years. We could not be happier for him,” said Walt Kyle, the head hockey coach at NMU.

“We have helped Brian (Stewart), Ray (Kaunisto), Erik (Gustafsson) and Mark (Olver) all take the first steps towards a career in the NHL and their dreams. As a hockey program we could not be prouder to be a part of that. We are extremely happy for all of them and anxious to watch them throughout their professional careers,” Kyle added.

*Sounds like a depth player for Greenville of the ECHL or Quad City of the IHL to me.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick note --

The Flyers had their first team meeting Friday evening and their first on-ice practice is slated for 9 a.m. Saturday.

A portion of the Flyers have been working out at the Skate Zone for the last three weeks.

"It's great to see that," Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said. "It seems to be happening more than normal with young players coming in. Young draft picks coming. Players staying, making sure they are ready for camp. . . .

"I think you see that more now than you did 10 years ago. And it only benefits the players."

Richards expects intensity. Richards has an idea of what to expect in training camp even though this is the Flyers' first under Laviolette.

"I think last year with him, you could see the pressure we had on the ice," the center said of the coach who was hired after the start of last season. "So I think conditioning is going to be something I think he is focusing on. And making sure that we are in great skating shape."

[ source: Philly.com ]

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THere were 1800 people at today's practice! Awesome. ON top of that, i thought it was interesting that the one Flyer they asked about the crowd was GUerin. Not even officially a FLyer yet.
Anyway I am headed over on Monday. Hope the crowds are a bit smaller. It is a great time for any die-hards if you can go.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR - Carter - Zherdev

Talk about an overload of size and skill. I like it.

I think Giroux would be better with Carter and JVR either at center or on the wing its an easy flip. Then you could have Richie centering Zherdev and either Carcillo or Guerin if he makes it...but what the hell do I know...haha!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Giroux would be better with Carter and JVR either at center or on the wing its an easy flip. Then you could have Richie centering Zherdev and either Carcillo or Guerin if he makes it...but what the hell do I know...haha!

Well........I think you should post here more often!! ;)

I'm just anxious to see what direction Lavy goes because we can go around and around with line scenarios until our heads cave in! :)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well........I think you should post here more often!! ;)

I'm just anxious to see what direction Lavy goes because we can go around and around with line scenarios until our heads cave in! :)

Ya I hear ya Tox but I'd like to see a combination of skill, grit, scoring and defense on all of our forward lines...tough for other teams to combat that. This is why I don't feel comfortable with a line full of possible defensive liabilities out there when the Flyers have enough players to cover those short comings. I'm confident Lavy will cover this by the time camps finished.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
STANLEY CUP BABY...THAT SHEET IT BELONGS TO US...HEAVY METAL...THATS WHAT THE FLYERS ARE ABOUT...WANTS YOU GO ORANGE AND BLACK...YOU NEVER GO BACK...LOL...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STANLEY CUP BABY...THAT SHEET IT BELONGS TO US...HEAVY METAL...THATS WHAT THE FLYERS ARE ABOUT...WANTS YOU GO ORANGE AND BLACK...YOU NEVER GO BACK...LOL...

SHEET?! You can acurse him man, welcome to Sports fucking SportsHoopla!