• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp opens

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the day. Begining of training camp. Only a matter of time till real football starts. Here's to another healthy and productive camp.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one gives a shit.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the big question is who they get to fill in for Johnson those first four games....

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the big question is who they get to fill in for Johnson those first four games....

Allen Barbre. Sounds like he's pretty much a lock to start the first four games.

Personally I've never been that keen on him. Ever since he allowed 7 sacks in 7 starts for the Green Bay Packers back in 2009. But he has subbed into 22 games since without a single sack allowed - so it's possible he has improved. Bare minimum he's never been heavily penalized.

From what I've read, there's a belief that Barbre may actually be a better pass blocker than Lane Johnson. And the key question mark will be his run blocking. He can get down the field on lead blocks but he struggles to seal off the edge and lacks the strength to physically move a defender out of the way.

He's pretty much all speed and no power.

If they come out and run a true up tempo offense (not that watered down stuff we had last year), my guess is Barbre will be a solid fit. But if they run at the tempo we had for the last 12 games of last year, it could get ugly.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look out for Josh Huff this season, kid is looking like a play maker in camp.