• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very high on him during the preseason, still high on him, but i need some explanation... yesterday he almost never ran the ball... Was that the play calls, or was he having trouble vs the buffalo defense?? If it is the play calls then i am very nervous, i did not draft him because of his arm... Also why would carolina take away there biggest advantage??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch the game... But my guess, their team revolves around the health of Newton and everyone knows it. They are going to keep him in the pocket as much as possible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch the game... But my guess, their team revolves around the health of Newton and everyone knows it. They are going to keep him in the pocket as much as possible.

Well what is the point if you are going to lose every game because you are not using your best player to his best ability... There was no reason Carolina should have lost to buffalo, and if they ran with cam more they should have won... 0-2 is a big hole especially when you are in the same diviision as atlanta and new orleans...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is the point if you are going to lose every game because you are not using your best player to his best ability... There was no reason Carolina should have lost to buffalo, and if they ran with cam more they should have won... 0-2 is a big hole especially when you are in the same diviision as atlanta and new orleans...

I bet if you wondered into the Carolina threads you would be reading the same thoughts! But I agree, that offensive coordinator needs to build his scheme around Cam's talents. Playing scared is like playing blind IMO. They faired far better when they did that. Starting off 0-2 should be a clear indicator that whatever it is they THINK they are doing, ISN'T working!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are tough - and it may be that the Bills are tougher than everyone thought. If he has a bad game at home against the Giants it's time to worry.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a terrible fanatsy option but I think as an actual QB he is very bottom tier.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a terrible fanatsy option but I think as an actual QB he is very bottom tier.

I dont know what i am talking about but it seems like carolina holds him back... and he could be a much better real life QB too elsewhere...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He holds them back. They're not a great team but they are a better team than he is a QB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I would grade out the Panthers as a team so far:
(disclaimer - I watched more of their game vs SEA than BUF, but did catch some drives yesterday from offense and defense)

DEF front 7: above avg
Secondary: avg

O line: below avg
WRs: below avg
RB: below avg
TE: above avg
QB: above avg

I have a hard time seeing anything from them that you could consider to be great, but in the same fashion, I have a hard time saying that they are terrible anywhere as well.

A middle of the pack team losing 2 games to start their year out isnt that big of a surprise. Especially since their home game was against SEA.

Cam Newton has yet to play a full football season at a high level. For fantasy purposes, I'd say now is the time to buy low on an impatient Cam owner, but with so many QB options available, not sure what I'd be willing to give up. +12 team leagues I would consider moving a RB2 for him if I was hurting at QB and strong at RB.

Bottom line: Cam has never been a winner in the NFL, but has been great for fantasy. I think he'll get his stats still this year, so I wouldnt fret too much if he is on your team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OC is being super conservative with the play calls. He's had almost none designed runs so his fantasy value has been severely limited as a result. If that trend continues, he'll be a huge bust fantasy wise considering most drafts had him as the 3rd or 4th QB off the boards. To make it worse, since there's so much QB depth, you're probably going to be stuck with him unless some other QB gets hurt or maybe someone just happened to draft really poorly. The upside is Carolina is 0-2 so maybe they'll open things up more for Cam to try to win games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this to say Cam Newton is hot garbage.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is looking like a 'start at home, sit on the road' fantasy player. not exactly what you want from QB that was a projected every week starter.

just glad that I only took the chance in 1 league!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still drives me crazy that they are turning him into a pocket passer... The problem with that is that the carolina receivers are not that good... Lafell Dropped an easy and critical first down pass...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree completely here. Pretty sure that the 2nd half of last year is what the target should have been this year, but CAR play calling/game management is off. Maybe they get back on track when they get JStew back, but regardless, Rivera is done in CAR, and Cam/CAR offense will be getting a facelift for 2014.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is actually funny, they want to be a defensive first team... to be that, you need a good running game... tolbert and DWill have been fine, but Cam was always the heart of the carolina run attack...

If they are running less with him to keep him healthy, then that is stupid because without his legs he is average at best... An average QB+ below average Running backs and below average WRs makes for a below average offense... and now he will have all of january-september to rest just like the previous 2 years...