• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin Ridley or John Brown?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Brown on this one... it's pretty rare (unless you're Antonio Brown) to have two HUGE back to back weeks in Ridley's case but Julio Jones is going to continue to get attention.

Both Cincy and Pitts' D sucks, but my thought is Pitts can put up more reliable points than Cincy especially if Green + Mixon is out. That could force a shootout for Ravens/Pitts which means Brown will get plenty of looks. ...

Almost feels like a coin flip at the moment, tempted to go with Brown since Ridley will get more attention this game given his 3TD week, but dunno.

Really feels like a toss up. My other receiver is Sanders for Denver but KCs defense is atrocious and Sanders appears to be a Keenum favorite. 19 receptions on 23 targets, can't bench that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Brown. But this is close, so I'll go with the home team player.

(and hope I'm wrong, as I own him in a few leagues and need to start him)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley at home for me as well, although with another safety injured for steelers now, brown could easily outscore Ridley

Julio/Ryan connection in red zone has struggled for years, maybe Ridley is the answer, looked the part last week and Falcons have moved the ball well every game so far

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley at home for me as well, although with another safety injured for steelers now, brown could easily outscore Ridley

Julio/Ryan connection in red zone has struggled for years, maybe Ridley is the answer, looked the part last week and Falcons have moved the ball well every game so far
its hard playing the steelers to not get excited about any wr
however the bengals havent been great either
as a steelers fan i can say that ravens steelers games are just weird, u never know wtf is gonna happen, its never what u expect..........their rivals, and big time........toss out records and what u know

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping they both do well, but really hoping Ridley continues doing well. My KOTF team needs that to happen.:hope:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ridley just because is ceiling seems way higher and those gus that can single handed win you a game are worth the gamble in my opinion. But I like Brown too he can do the same thing. But I'd stay with the hot hand. Ride it into the ground.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah going with Ridley. Several reasons I made this decision:

1) Atlanta is home, easier to pass with a quiet crowd.
2) Cincy's defense is about as bad as Pittsburgh's in terms of the pass.
3) Atlanta's defense has lost a LOT of key players and they're probably just as bad as Pittsburgh so Cincy should be putting up points given Bernard is still productive.
4) Baltimore has the best D in the league at the moment and Mosley was full participation in practice. This may create a low scoring ground pound affair type game.
5) Baltimore/Pitts are rivals in the division, I have a feeling the offensive gameplan may be a bit more conservative on both ends to limit turnovers.
6) Ryan > Flacco - just is. I'd wager far more money Ryan passes for 400+ yards than Flacco in most scenarios.

Weather seems great in Pitts tomorrow so I can't necessarily put any plus on Atlanta's side, but I guess a dome = no wind of any sorts. Crabtree is nowhere near Jones.. but that can also be bad. If Jones gets hot and is abusing Cincy (which he can easily do - Cincy is not a powerhouse D) Ryan may just 100% lock on to Jones and throw him 12-15 targets which hurts Ridley.

My HUNCH is Ridley just can't duplicate that performance or even week 2... he's had 4 TDs and 200+ yards in the last 2 games.. what are the odds he goes off AGAIN!? But.... the points I listed above just outweigh it.

Naturally I'm sure this means Brown will have a 200+ yard game and Ridley will see 2 receptions/20 yards on 5 targets or something... -_-

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ridley long term for sure.

But give me Brown this week. Steelers secondary is a hot mess. Brown is likely to hit a big play or 2.

Also, in the second half last week, the Saints use Marshon Lattimore to shadow Ridley instead of Julio. Teams who are watching film are likely to treat Ridley as option 1B.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is far more dynamic. The Falcons do much better with playcalling than Baltimore, at least in the passing game.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard playing the steelers to not get excited about any wr
however the bengals havent been great either as a steelers fan i can say that ravens steelers games are just weird, u never know wtf is gonna happen, its never what u expect..........their rivals, and big time........toss out records and what u know
Man is that ever a true statement !!!. .... but for me, I'd still go Brown this week.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one but I'd play Brown this week. Have a feeling this game is kinda like Rams-Vikings with big points to be had.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD DAMN. Ridley is a beast. 2 more TDs this game, 6 total now through 3 games and this game is not over...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both these guys went ham... I mean I can't complain.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same points too.

Funny.

For sure.. with Ridley, Brown, Sanders, Cooks, Diggs - my WR team is beast this season... Hopefully Mixon and Cooks bounce back.