• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling it now, A's knock off both Yankees and Red Sox

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could definitely see them knock off the Yanks on either coast. They've been the better baseball team for a couple of months now, and 1 game is 1 game. Anything can happen.

They do not match up well against Boston's starting pitching in a 5 game series however.

Are we supposed to pretend like David Price and Chris Sale don't have a history of falling apart in the playoffs?

Antibumgarners.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we supposed to pretend like David Price and Chris Sale don't have a history of falling apart in the playoffs?

Antibumgarners.

Are we really making an assumption that Sale falls apart in the playoffs based on 1 post season start ever? I don't like the Red Sox but hard to take you seriously when you make a claim about Sale falling apart in the playoffs when he literally made 1 playoffs start ever

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never bet against the Cardinals. It's the organization all non Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs/Dodgers clubs should strive to be. Haven't had to rebuild in forever, and draft and develop well, and even the off years aren't that bad.
You shut your god damn dirty mouth! Cardinals suck!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really making an assumption that Sale falls apart in the playoffs based on 1 post season start ever? I don't like the Red Sox but hard to take you seriously when you make a claim about Sale falling apart in the playoffs when he literally made 1 playoffs start ever

He falls apart in September too. I mean honestly I don't see what other teams aren't seeing with the guy. Braves have roughed him up every time they've saw hom/

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I get annoyed at the general ignorance of their fans when it comes to the game when it doesn't involve their teams(like the Yankees fan that thought Max Scherzer was Matt Schurzer, or the Red Sox fan that thought Justin Verlander's resurgence was because he moved to the NL), and I enjoy it when they fail, but the only games I've watched involving the Yankees or Red Sox was when they played the Braves, and I'm a guy that will normally watch the nationally televised games when the Braves aren't playing.
I have generally found that Bosox, Yanks, and Cards fans tend to know baseball. I grew up a Cubbies fan and will freely admit that it is pretty common for them to not take a huge interest in the game as a whole. The Braves fans I have known have been football and basketball junkies at heart with baseball in general farther down their lists.

That said, the A's do concern me and I feel that neither the Yanks nor the Bosox are likely to play well in the Oakland Coliseum.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have generally found that Bosox, Yanks, and Cards fans tend to know baseball. I grew up a Cubbies fan and will freely admit that it is pretty common for them to not take a huge interest in the game as a whole. The Braves fans I have known have been football and basketball junkies at heart with baseball in general farther down their lists.

That said, the A's do concern me and I feel that neither the Yanks nor the Bosox are likely to play well in the Oakland Coliseum.
Psst...you got some Rollie on ya fingers!

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna go medieval on your Rusty Kuntz when the next camping trip rolls around!!!!
images
Promise?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antibumgarners.

As opposed to the awesome track record of Mike Friers and Brett Anderson in the postseason

The A's have been a great story, we know how badly you would like the Yankees and Sox to lose, they have a 50/50 chance of knocking off the Yankees, the Red Sox will absolutely pummel that starting staff in a 5 game series

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Houston has Verlander. And we all know he has....wait for it....HEART.

:harbs:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to the awesome track record of Mike Friers and Brett Anderson in the postseason

The A's have been a great story, we know how badly you would like the Yankees and Sox to lose, they have a 50/50 chance of knocking off the Yankees, the Red Sox will absolutely pummel that starting staff in a 5 game series

Thanks Dirt. I know it hurt to say that.

Yankees will win the play in game though so this is all moot.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had a Red Sox fan claiming both JT Realmuto and Jacob deGrom would be Red Sox before August knowing good and damn well the Marlins asked for Ronald Acuna when the Braves asked for Realmuto. Dude didn't underdtand that teams won't give the Sox premium players because they're the Red Sox and didn't understand the Sox farm system situation.