• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CALLING ALL EXPERTs, Hyde or Ebron?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade question, assuming you have no glaring needs who would you rather have Hyde or Ebron? Who do you think will have a better chance of starting on a fantasy football roster this year who will have the more value?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough facking call bro. I like both guys in their respective offenses. I would probable have to flip a coin if I had no glaring needs, but I'd probably go with the homer pick. ;)

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these just bench guys? If so, I would got with Hyde. I think Hyde has the chance to get 500 yards & 4 TD(s) or so. And with SF running the ball a lot & the injuries the RB position, if things break right, he could see more touches.

Ebron on the other hand has to compete with other TE(s) for touches in a spread out wide open passing offense that features the #1 WR in the NFL.

Neither guy I would look at as starter unless injuries happen in front of them.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so on the fence bro. I need some persuasion
one way or another, lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go w/ Carlos!

Hope that's not overly biased.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy decision, FOR THIS SEAON, I dont like Hyde at all...

Gore will be the majority back, and the 49ers will run him to the grave... i know thats what i would do... Hyde is the 49ers future, but i would be shocked if a healthy gore is not at least 65% of the run game...

Ebron, should start, he might not be great right away, but he will have spurts of greatness this season... The Lions dont exactly have a great number 2 WR, or great anything past calvin...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy decision, FOR THIS SEAON, I dont like Hyde at all...

Gore will be the majority back, and the 49ers will run him to the grave... i know thats what i would do... Hyde is the 49ers future, but i would be shocked if a healthy gore is not at least 65% of the run game...

Ebron, should start, he might not be great right away, but he will have spurts of greatness this season... The Lions dont exactly have a great number 2 WR, or great anything past calvin...

I take Hyde for both this season and long term.

The reason is that Ebron is not a good bet as a starting TE this year, and if you aren't starting him, I would rather have the extra RB. Ebron will likely score more points this year, but again, probably not enough to be a fantasy starter.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Hyde. Not even close.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde, RB's have a lot more value than TE's.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde. Ebron has said he has already hit his rookie wall. Rookie tight ends do not translate well. Hyde has a better opportunity behind an old running back who could easily get injured.

Its really an easy call here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we all assuming Gore will get hurt, or that the 49ers are not going to use him as the workhorse... I understand the 30 year old curse, but didnt he prove that wrong for him last season... As long as he can play he will play... He was 7th in carries last season, i dont expect much difference this season...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's s chance he is the lead back with a good running team, if injury should occur...and he's very good and can fill in a bye week for ya if not. And that chance of his upside is better than Ebron being any kind of weekly threat. Pettigrew is their single set TE, so I'm not sure how you get to claiming Ebron the starter?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we all assuming Gore will get hurt, or that the 49ers are not going to use him as the workhorse... I understand the 30 year old curse, but didnt he prove that wrong for him last season... As long as he can play he will play... He was 7th in carries last season, i dont expect much difference this season...

Who's assuming injury? This is RB > TE for the most part. Rookie RB's historically outperform Rookie TE's, and is not even comparable. And if we're taking long haul, a RB on a run first team behind an aging vet is a much better bet than a TE on a team who hasn't utilized the TE in a decade, plus the guy in front of him is still young and signed on for 4 more years.

After all that, than maybe you can add in a possible injury assumption, but Hyde is already way ahead even without that

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not about a Gore injury, it is about touches in the 49er offense. Right now Hyde is the clear #2 on the team & is likely to see 100 touches even without an injury to Gore. Ebon right now is not even the #1 TE on his team. On a team that has many weapons in the passing game & likes to spread the ball around if CJ isn't open.

Hyde just has a lower floor & higher ceiling, especially if an injury does happen to Gore.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Hyde. Much more likely for big potential imo. If Gore goes down (he still probably won't), then you win the lottery.

I've been thinking that Gore is going to run out of gas for each of the last 3 years, and the guy just keeps going. Still, this MIGHT be the year he's overtaken by the young guy.

I just don't trust rookie TE's at all. Some people think Ebron is the next Graham - I'm not one of them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is about gore, if Gore is healthy(which there is no reason to assume he wont be) Hyde will be a typical backup... with their roles right now, Ebron should outperform Hyde, where Ebron has more potential to be a top end starter at his position...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with all, that if Gore goes down Hyde will be a huge get or have by all fantasy teams... But i would rather have the player whose success is all about him...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is about gore, if Gore is healthy(which there is no reason to assume he wont be) Hyde will be a typical backup... with their roles right now, Ebron should outperform Hyde, where Ebron has more potential to be a top end starter at his position...

Based on what exactly? His combine numbers? Which outside of the 40 time are lackluster? His amazing college career, which is also mediocre? His opportunity, behind Pettigrew, and at best fifth in line for targets behind Calvin, Tate, Bush and Pettigrew? Yea seems like a great potential for top end starter to me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Hyde. Much more likely for big potential imo. If Gore goes down (he still probably won't), then you win the lottery.

I've been thinking that Gore is going to run out of gas for each of the last 3 years, and the guy just keeps going. Still, this MIGHT be the year he's overtaken by the young guy.

I just don't trust rookie TE's at all. Some people think Ebron is the next Graham - I'm not one of them.

Nor am I, and for good reason. Graham is a better athlete, is in a passing system that is centered around him, and had a much better QB. If the stars align perfectly for Ebron, he's still at best the #2 guy, on a team that has historically under utilized their #2 guy.

Last edited by a moderator: