• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Callahan news

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly fits the profile that owners like. Son of another former coach. Offensive coordinator of a playoff team. Peyton Manning likes him.

If he goes, I think we have the perfect replacement in-house. Dan Pitcher has been QB coach since Taylor has been here and he's been mentioned as a candidate for open OC positions across the league. IMO, losing Callahan wouldn't be as problematic as losing Lou.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end - Taylor calls the plays. Callahan would be missed for game day prep and other work he does....but, until Taylor can be convinced to switch some of this schemes/alignments up - I think we will continue to see some of the infuriating things we see (short yardage play callings, and lack of imagination in the run game).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why some coaches really like to manage a side of the ball and call the plays. Because if they lose a guy to a head coaching gig, they are forced to start over. By Taylor being in charge he never truly loses his entire offenses identity with his franchise QB.