• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Gruden ask for an ownership share of the Raiders as part of his contract and the league was quick as fuck to squash the shit out of that. Even if there was no competitive advantage with salary cap implications (which there is) and even if an owner was ok with giving away his own equity, the other 31 owners would object to this because they don't want to give away their own personal fortune. Some owners are independently wealthy and own a team for fun. Some owners though have all or most of their personal equity wrapped up in their teams.
yeah, the one thing the NFL and God-dell does is protect the billionaire boys club. Maybe he can talk to the rock about getting shares in the XFL. I thought the Ball family was bad. But then again, they are probably going to be close to a vote to exempt one player from the salary cap with the 50 million dollar quarterbacks, well, now mid 50 million per year.

Lets try something new. Draft a quarterback, let him produce for 3 years, give him his 5th year option, THEN call him a franchise quarterback. Do you remember when #1 picks were getting 50 million guaranteed contracts before even practicing with the team? Wasnt it an edge rusher down in houston, then they changed the rule and slotted salaries? Sure seems like this guy is playing the game of a decade ago.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb has all the raw talent to become another Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Steve Young, John Elway....ect...you get the point.
This may be true, but even the QB you mentioned did not have a good first couple years. Their interception ratios were as much or more than their TDs. Fans/staffs don't have that kind of patience/time anymore. I can't see it going well for any rookie QB without all the other pieces in place for him in Chicago.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing the race for his heisman run fast.usc lost again last night,and he fumbled away the ball while going for two.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing the race for his heisman run fast.usc lost again last night,and he fumbled away the ball while going for two.

I seen key plays of the game last night on ytv key plays.......

I thought CW has great pocket awareness by the way he went in and around yhe degenders,great arm strength,nice touch on the deep balls that he threw and has scrambling ability.....
One deep ball thrown was caught and downed at the one,in the NFL its a td cause of college rules.....

But he did take 3 unneccessary sacks,but thats something that can be fixed.

As far as the Heisman,that does not translate into NFL greatness,but more into busts......

Anyone know anything about Maye,Pennix or Nix......??

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great QB, but monster head-case.

Nix or McCarthy would be a better QB pick

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if he doesn't want to play for the Bears, then fuck him. TBH, I've been leery of this guy for some time. There's just something about him that always seems to register on my common sense radar. Not questioning the man's physical skills or tools (ok, he's a bit short, but I wouldn't call this a show stopper). I think it's the overall attitude, I get that center of the universe feeling about him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if he doesn't want to play for the Bears, then fuck him. TBH, I've been leery of this guy for some time. There's just something about him that always seems to register on my common sense radar. Not questioning the man's physical skills or tools (ok, he's a bit short, but I wouldn't call this a show stopper). I think it's the overall attitude, I get that center of the universe feeling about him.

When I watched him play the other night,there was really nothing that said I have to have this guy.......
But what do I know,I did not know there was no two minute warning in the first half either.....so theres that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Written by an NFL scout, this one is pretty damming.

Ya,that does seem worrisome.......

But for rveryone of tjose theres articles out there that tell otherwise......
This scenario is brought up on all these NFL talkshows with explayers,coaches,gms and NFL Insiders and most have the Bears taking Caleb.

My take about his weirdness as an attention whore will change once hes in the NFL and he starts playing with men instead of just out of highschool and college kids......

Im completely done and over with what the Bears do at the qb situation......Its giving me a headache as much searching and reading as Ive done.

Im at let the chips fall where they may.......

We will see once the combine is over.........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rveryone of tjose theres articles out there that tell otherwise......
That's the scary part.
I thought this article was well written and even quoted Williams.
He isn't used to losing, showed a lack of sportsmanship when he lost.

Saw another article saying CW reminded the writer of Johnny Manziel - big play guy who can't read defenses.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those keeping score at home

Fields was 3.11 to throw at OSU

Im not sure if ghis is a dig on Fields or not,but I like the stat of completion % and qbr......both are not good in JFs case.....
He was at 61.whatever this season to raise his career average to 60.whatever %.....
Hes way down the list on both.....
Which is quicker than CW at USC.

not sure if this is a dig on CW either......but if he lands in a Bears uni,I sure hope he has that much time to throw.....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if this is a dig on CW either......but if he lands in a Bears uni,I sure hope he has that much time to throw.....
Not a dig at JF but maybe a red flag for CW.
If a college kid can be successful with a 3+ second window to throw, they better understand that window is MUCH shorter on the pros.

According to X (formerly Twitter) the Bears are taking calls for the #1 pick from WSH, PHI, NE, NYG and MIN.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a dig at JF but maybe a red flag for CW.
If a college kid can be successful with a 3+ second window to throw, they better understand that window is MUCH shorter on the pros.

According to X (formerly Twitter) the Bears are taking calls for the #1 pick from WSH, PHI, NE, NYG and MIN.

in the case of Wash and NE they can still take a top qb obviously.

Not a sure thing NE would take Caleb but it's more a sure thing than if BB was there.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college ball. I usually don't comment on the kids entering the draft. I mean, they all have talent and they all have things to work on. But I have seen a growing number of comments, stories, and quotes that CW lacks character. As a fan, I'd be happy with any decision other than a selection of CW.