• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's kind of funny any QB wouldn't want to come to Chicago that has any cajones...because yeah, history is tough...But Goddamn if you balled out as a QB for the Bears you'd be the most revered athlete in sports history.

He would be forever a Chicago legend that us Chicago fans would love.........

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy for real.......??

First he says he wants to play for only a few teams and anyone else who drafts him he staying for another year......

Now he comes out and says he wants partial ownership of the team that drafts hi.....

Is this guy gonna be a headcase.....cause I dont think we need someone like this even withall the talent in the world he possesses.....

He played like shit against Notre Dame and did not look like a first round pick let alone the first pick.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Gruden ask for an ownership share of the Raiders as part of his contract and the league was quick as fuck to squash the shit out of that. Even if there was no competitive advantage with salary cap implications (which there is) and even if an owner was ok with giving away his own equity, the other 31 owners would object to this because they don't want to give away their own personal fortune. Some owners are independently wealthy and own a team for fun. Some owners though have all or most of their personal equity wrapped up in their teams.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's kind of funny any QB wouldn't want to come to Chicago that has any cajones...because yeah, history is tough...But Goddamn if you balled out as a QB for the Bears you'd be the most revered athlete in sports history.

100 percent

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played like shit against Notre Dame and did not look like a first round pick let alone the first pick.

I dont watch college football,and rely on pundit feedback.

But hell,every qb has off days.......

I do have it noted Saturday at 7 to watch Utah and USC........

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont watch college football,and rely on pundit feedback.

But hell,every qb has off days.......

I do have it noted Saturday at 7 to watch Utah and USC........
Caleb has all the raw talent to become another Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Steve Young, John Elway....ect...you get the point.

Riley creates his offense based off of the talent of his QB and uses their raw talent to the advantage. It works in college against mediocre teams, but will not work in the NFL and doesn't work against good teams in College either (See Utah last year and ND this year).

What Riley doesn't do is teach technique and football IQ. People call him the QB whisperer, I say otherwise just from my years of watching him. Caleb and Spencer were his 2 first real raw QBs in college. Baker, Kyler, and Jalen all had experience before coming to OU and being under Riley. They also had a plethora of raw talent, just like Caleb. Both Spencer and Caleb show a lot of weaknesses in their game mental and technique wise, but their raw talent alone is keeping them afloat. Both of them get really funky in the backfield when pressure is applied. That's because Riley doesn't teach how to deal with those situations, he just lets the player do what they can to escape. He doesn't teach pocket poise and awareness.

The big reason why people are talking about Riley jumping for the NFL when Caleb leaves is because the backup to Caleb will be the starter next year, and he doesn't have near the raw talent like Riley's other QBs have had, and Riley will be exposed as the "QB Whisperer" when his new shiny QB is no where near as good as people think he should be under Riley. USC will not be able to win all those close games next year and with Riley not giving two shits about defense, USC will most likely barely go .500 next year, if that. Riley knows this, especially with USC moving to the B1G, and it scares him. This is why he left OU, all of Bob Stoops players were gone and it was all Riley players and they could not compete with elite teams due to how he runs his program. And when he found out OU was moving to the SEC he bailed as quick as possible. He cannot compete with elite teams, never has and never will.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb has all the raw talent to become another Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Steve Young, John Elway....ect...you get the point.

Riley creates his offense based off of the talent of his QB and uses their raw talent to the advantage. It works in college against mediocre teams, but will not work in the NFL and doesn't work against good teams in College either (See Utah last year and ND this year).

What Riley doesn't do is teach technique and football IQ. People call him the QB whisperer, I say otherwise just from my years of watching him. Caleb and Spencer were his 2 first real raw QBs in college. Baker, Kyler, and Jalen all had experience before coming to OU and being under Riley. They also had a plethora of raw talent, just like Caleb. Both Spencer and Caleb show a lot of weaknesses in their game mental and technique wise, but their raw talent alone is keeping them afloat. Both of them get really funky in the backfield when pressure is applied. That's because Riley doesn't teach how to deal with those situations, he just lets the player do what they can to escape. He doesn't teach pocket poise and awareness.

The big reason why people are talking about Riley jumping for the NFL when Caleb leaves is because the backup to Caleb will be the starter next year, and he doesn't have near the raw talent like Riley's other QBs have had, and Riley will be exposed as the "QB Whisperer" when his new shiny QB is no where near as good as people think he should be under Riley. USC will not be able to win all those close games next year and with Riley not giving two shits about defense, USC will most likely barely go .500 next year, if that. Riley knows this, especially with USC moving to the B1G, and it scares him. This is why he left OU, all of Bob Stoops players were gone and it was all Riley players and they could not compete with elite teams due to how he runs his program. And when he found out OU was moving to the SEC he bailed as quick as possible. He cannot compete with elite teams, never has and never will.

Good stuff.......

Everyone has their take,but when the season ends and the draft talk starts,there will be a lot to say,so Ill be curious as to what willl be said......especially once the combine starts.

And I like your opinion......

And the last time I actually watched a cfb game was when Charlie Ward and Peter Warrick were Semimolles......lol

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what it is. Bears look to be #1. He sees we are big on “high character.” Acts douchey in a weird way that would trigger a front office like ours to pass and then he gets to a team he prefers.
lol. That is all. Lol.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cowherd was bitching about riley leaving usc after this year to go to the nfl.he,s a usc fan and does,nt want him leaving.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying pretty hard there slappy…
your hypothesis is so preposterous it makes me lol. Nothing more to add than that. Like most of what you say.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your hypothesis is so preposterous it makes me lol. Nothing more to add than that. Like most of what you say.

Maybe you're contagious tank boy?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting take I had not considered

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the 411. I don't watch CFB but based on the little I've seen on Caleb I'm not sold on him. I just got a gut feeling he isn't going to be all he's hyped up to be and your post clarifies my intuition. If by some chance he ends up with The Bears I will cheer for him to prove me wrong but if Chi passes on him I won't be that irked by the decision.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowherd was bitching about riley leaving usc after this year to go to the nfl.he,s a usc fan and does,nt want him leaving.
Cowherd is also the same person last year who said OU made a big mistake in hiring Venables and that OU wouldn't be very good this year and wont be able to play in the SEC while also saying Riley would win the National Title this year. He's all about hot takes and had to come out on his show and eat crow on Venables and OU after the texAss game. He is not someone I would get my CFB news from as he is all in on USC and PAC soon B1G and doesn't really care about any other conference or team.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the 411. I don't watch CFB but based on the little I've seen on Caleb I'm not sold on him. I just got a gut feeling he isn't going to be all he's hyped up to be and your post clarifies my intuition. If by some chance he ends up with The Bears I will cheer for him to prove me wrong but if Chi passes on him I won't be that irked by the decision.
Caleb can be an Elite NFL QB if he has the right QB coach in the NFL that can remove some of his tendencies. He absolutely has the arm and athleticism but his ego gets in the way and he makes dumb decisions when the pressure is on. A lot of this is due to Riley's lack of training him on stuff and his Dad feeding into the ego that he will be the GOAT. If he can get out from under both of those guys and mature, I think he will be fine. But if he doesn't it will be a rough go for him in the NFL.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd is also the same person last year who said OU made a big mistake in hiring Venables and that OU wouldn't be very good this year and wont be able to play in the SEC while also saying Riley would win the National Title this year. He's all about hot takes and had to come out on his show and eat crow on Venables and OU after the texAss game. He is not someone I would get my CFB news from as he is all in on USC and PAC soon B1G and doesn't really care about any other conference or team.
i watch him cause i don,t have anything worth a damn that comes on tv from 12-3.he,s as full of shit as can be,but with nothing but him to watch i do.