• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caldwell interview on final kick

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like his strategy. Not in this case. He was worried that he might give Atl back the ball with 10 seconds or something like that. Seems to me odds are better that we can stop them on a squib and hailmary than they are we can kick a rushed FG in 10 seconds.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ended being proven wrong, without it costing him the game. Field goal unit couldn't even get setup with the full play clock.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ended being proven wrong, without it costing him the game. Field goal unit couldn't even get setup with the full play clock.

From the sounds of it, it wasn't the entire unit, just Prater himself. Said he took an extra practice kick into the net so he was late running on. He made up for it by nailing the kick that counted though.

Still should've been aware of how soon he needed to get out there.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the play, and didnt care for the timeout with 210 left either. Lions were lucky atlanta made even more ridiculous moves in the final few.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also listened to prater postgame interview. He claims to have slipped on the initial kick and said the holder and snapper did fine. Whether thats true or not is debateable.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. They were 2 completely different situations. Prater knew the clock was stopped, so the game clock urgency wasn't there and he wasn't thinking play clock. So he took an extra practice kick into the net and wasn't ready in time. Caldwell alluded to that without actually throwing Prater under the bus.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also listened to prater postgame interview. He claims to have slipped on the initial kick and said the holder and snapper did fine. Whether thats true or not is debateable.

Yep, I heard Prater say the footing was better at the 38-yard line than it was at the 33. Thus, it was good they moved him back 5 yards.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They were 2 completely different situations. Prater knew the clock was stopped, so the game clock urgency wasn't there and he wasn't thinking play clock. So he took an extra practice kick into the net and wasn't ready in time. Caldwell alluded to that without actually throwing Prater under the bus.

Caldwell, while running the clock on 3rd down with 25 seconds left, was betting on Prater being able to make the kick in "hurry up mode". When the team got setup on 4th down and the play clock running down, that would qualify as " hurry up mode", which Prater subsequently missed, proving Caldwell's initial confidence wrong.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell, while running the clock on 3rd down with 25 seconds left, was betting on Prater being able to make the kick in "hurry up mode". When the team got setup on 4th down and the play clock running down, that would qualify as " hurry up mode", which Prater subsequently missed, proving Caldwell's initial confidence wrong.

I'm suggesting that "hurry up mode" in Prater's mind involved a running game clock(which is what they practice weekly according to Caldwell) and that he wasn't practicing kicks into the net when the ball was snapped on 3rd down with 25 seconds left. The D hold gave them a couple more plays and the opportunity for Prater to take a few more practice kicks. Had the DH not been called they very well could have gotten set up and the kick off in time. They were 2 completely different situations is all I'm saying. If there was a mistake made, it was in Caldwell and/or the ST coach not emphasizing their need to still be in "hurry up" mode even though the DH bought them a couple more plays and no game clock worries.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in hell prater had the play clock run out on purpose. Poor clock management and poor awareness. That's the reality.

It's nice Caldwell is a calm individual and all. But he better have chewed an ass behind closed doors.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in hell prater had the play clock run out on purpose. Poor clock management and poor awareness. That's the reality.

It's nice Caldwell is a calm individual and all. But he better have chewed an ass behind closed doors.

Yuck

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we won.....Nothing but Rainbows!!!!