• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU @ Wisconsin 1:30 MST ABC

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. What Wisconsin is, is the best team, in the worst division in all of P5 conferences.

There are literally like 5 programs that could be called ‘big boy’ schools. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia since Kirby Smart got there, Oklahoma (but not sure if that is being in the Big 12 or not)?

When you’ve had football for 100+ years and you have never won a national title — you are not one of the big boys.
After this weekend, that's gotta be the Pac-12 South. I'd still argue the favorite to win that division currently sits at 1-2 and was just blown out by Texas. If they're not the favorite, yikes.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that conferences call BYU a P5 because it makes their schedule look better and they have quotas to meet.

But any of you that are too retarded to have the common sense required to realize that really and truly, BYU is a mid major, it might be time to consider suicide, because there ain't much hope for you.
FIFY

BYU is actually considered a P5 for scheduling by the SEC, ACC and B1G. (BYUniverse) - CougarBoard.com

SEC to count independents for Power 5 quota

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your definition of “big boy” sounds like “elite”, although you’re clearly looking at recent success and not historical program strength.

I would have a broader definition of “big boy programs”. If you’re going into the season with a “BCS game” (or I guess now competing for a playoff spot), then you’re a big boy.

It sounds like you are attempting to taylor your definition of ‘big boy programs’ to somehow include Wisconsin. Unfortunately — Wisconsin has never even won a national title or even played for the national title.

Reality is — Wisconsin is a solid team in a really, really bad division. Like the worst division out of any P5 conference. I can’t even fathom how bad the West would be if it weren’t for Wisconsin right now.

I know Wisconsin fans have dreams of grandeur, but the big boy schools are the teams that will consistently pull in the top 5 recruiting classes. They are the teams who don’t rebuild, they reload. Wisconsin will never be that one of those programs, as their state and their conference footprint will never allow it.

They are a school who runs a system that is very successful, but if they run into teams who can play rush defense — they get shutdown. It doesn’t mean they aren’t a top 20 program right now — they were just grossly overrated this year because of the cupcake schedule last year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that BYU is a mid major, and anyone who uses technicalities to argue the point should kill themselves before their retardation becomes contagious.
Talk to the SEC seeing how they were the first conference to consider BYU a P5 opponent. They did that because of their weak ass non conference scheduling. The SEC followed by the B1G and later on the ACC consider BYU a P5 opponent. The PAC and Big 12 don't have any rules on OOC scheduling seeing how those two conferences play 9 conference games.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to the SEC seeing how they were the first conference to consider BYU a P5 opponent. They did that because of their weak ass non conference scheduling. The SEC followed by the B1G and later on the ACC consider BYU a P5 opponent. The PAC and Big 12 don't have any rules on OOC scheduling seeing how those two conferences already play 9 conference games.

The SEC cam call BYU what they want to, but anyone that isn't retarded has enough sense to know that for all intents and purposes, BYU is a mid major.

The rest of your post is the same tired argument that you lose every time, and I'm not interested.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. What Wisconsin is, is the best team, in the worst division in all of P5 conferences.

There are literally like 5 programs that could be called ‘big boy’ schools. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia since Kirby Smart got there, Oklahoma (but not sure if that is being in the Big 12 or not)?

When you’ve had football for 100+ years and you have never won a national title — you are not one of the big boys.

Pump the brakes on Georgia there. We had one really good season, but we've gotta back it up for multiple years before we're one of the big boys.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at win-loss records over the last like 25 years and tell me that.

They might have been relatively new to the top tier when I went to college, but Wisconsin has been a program with BCS aspirations to start the season longer than pretty much any college player has been alive.

My definition is someone with a realistic chance at winning the title. I thought Wisconsin might be one this year until I watched the New Mexico game. They will still win a bunch of games and be decently ranked, but they aren't a title contebder

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the brakes on Georgia there. We had one really good season, but we've gotta back it up for multiple years before we're one of the big boys.

Georgia is one team who I think could end the reign of Alabama. The amount of talent in the state of Georgia is crazy. I think I heard they signed 7 5 star recruits in their last class.

I think Georgia is going to be the team to beat over the next decade. Just my opinion, but they are one of maybe 2-3 teams who can come close to the talent level of Bama.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia is one team who I think could end the reign of Alabama. The amount of talent in the state of Georgia is crazy. I think I heard they signed 7 5 star recruits in their last class.

I think Georgia is going to be the team to beat over the next decade. Just my opinion, but they are one of maybe 2-3 teams who can come close to the talent level of Bama.

7 5 stars in the last class, 5 more so far for the upcoming class. Kirby can recruit as good as Saban. Yet to be determined if he can get a team to beat Saban though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 5 stars in the last class, 5 more so far for the upcoming class. Kirby can recruit as good as Saban. Yet to be determined if he can get a team to beat Saban though.

It is just my opinion, but, Georgia is the school who has the best possible scenario to be absolutely dominant. Most have other top tier programs to deal with in state (in Florida, Texas, California) — Georgia is like Ohio, but they have more elite level talent.

They are located in one of the most talent rich states and they are far and away the top dog in the state. If Smart can keep most of that talent in state — Georgia is going to steamroll the SEC East until Florida figures it out (which who knows if that ever happens).

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My definition is someone with a realistic chance at winning the title. I thought Wisconsin might be one this year until I watched the New Mexico game. They will still win a bunch of games and be decently ranked, but they aren't a title contebder
But they were a contender to start the year. Relatively few teams are (forget that nonsense about every team starting undefeated, most teams have no chance whatsoever). Obviously the number of contenders drops throughout the year, reaching 4 teams when the playoff is announced and 2 after the semi-finals. But they’re in that group of teams where contending for a playoff spot, and therefore a title, is a plausible outcome over the summer.

Hell, Wisconsin isn’t even out of it because of a loss to BYU. If they run the table from here, they’re still in the playoffs (would mean wins @Michigan, @PSU and probably vs OSU in the CCG). They’re just out of it because they’re not that good, and will lose all 3 of those games.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is still page 1?

Gives all of us another chance to
:rofl: