• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU @ Wisconsin 1:30 MST ABC

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers might play in a minor Bowl game. The so called experts that had them ranked #6 look foolish now.
Why you gotta kick a guy while he's down?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot Dammit Wisco how could you lose to the creepy white door knockers?

missionary-mormons.jpg

Nevermind

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that schools call BYU a P5 because it makes their schedule look better and they have quotas to meet.

But any of you that are too retarded to have the common sense required to realize that really and truly, BYU is a mid major, it might be time to consider suicide, because there ain't much hope for you.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that schools call BYU a P5 because it makes their schedule look better and they have quotas to meet.

But any of you that are too retarded to have the common sense required to realize that really and truly, BYU is a mid major, it might be time to consider suicide, because there ain't much hope for you.

While I agree they are they are not a P5 I also don't think it is fair to look at them just on whether they are G5 or P5. Most seasons, BYU has a respectable football team that would beat a large chunk of so called P5 teams. That said, Wisky shouldn't be losing to them if they want to play with the big boys

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree they are they are not a P5 I also don't think it is fair to look at them just on whether they are G5 or P5. Most seasons, BYU has a respectable football team that would beat a large chunk of so called P5 teams. That said, Wisky shouldn't be losing to them if they want to play with the big boys
Wisconsin is a “big boy”. They just got upset. At least it wasn’t Appy State.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don’t be stupid. You say that just because they were a mid major before going independent and getting worse, they clearly should be considered power 5.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they aren't. They still can't throw the ball and if they can't overpower and eventually wear you out with that big offensive line and run game, they will lose.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'd be P5 right now if it weren't for things like the "no Sunday" and such. Nearly all the PAC 12 schools thinking doesn't jive with BYU values. And the Big 12 already has two religous schools and don't want any more for similar reasons.

Hell, BYU probably has more national (non regional) appeal for TV ratings than any school except Notre Dame. Mormans are scattered all over the place so they could attract eyeballs nationally instead of regionally.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop. What Wisconsin is, is the best team, in the worst division in all of P5 conferences.

There are literally like 5 programs that could be called ‘big boy’ schools. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia since Kirby Smart got there, Oklahoma (but not sure if that is being in the Big 12 or not)?

When you’ve had football for 100+ years and you have never won a national title — you are not one of the big boys.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they aren't. They still can't throw the ball and if they can't overpower and eventually wear you out with that big offensive line and run game, they will lose.
Look at win-loss records over the last like 25 years and tell me that.

They might have been relatively new to the top tier when I went to college, but Wisconsin has been a program with BCS aspirations to start the season longer than pretty much any college player has been alive.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. What Wisconsin is, is the best team, in the worst division in all of P5 conferences.

There are literally like 5 programs that could be called ‘big boy’ schools. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia since Kirby Smart got there, Oklahoma (but not sure if that is being in the Big 12 or not)?

When you’ve had football for 100+ years and you have never won a national title — you are not one of the big boys.
So your definition of “big boy” sounds like “elite”, although you’re clearly looking at recent success and not historical program strength.

I would have a broader definition of “big boy programs”. If you’re going into the season with a “BCS game” (or I guess now competing for a playoff spot), then you’re a big boy.