• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Jones

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am he should be a very solid player

time will tell

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just excited that the Cowboys finally look like they know what the hell they are doing. Im not just saying that because I liked this guy but I swear I had a weird feeling when they picked so quick. I thought I was gonna hear Jaylen Strong or Duke Johnson. Both good players but more luxuries than need

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick. High character kid, incredible athlete, team captain, smart, can play corner or FS, need position either way, I'm sure corner since the Cowboys declined Claiborne's 5th year option. Great pick IMO, 1st year starter

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a reach IMO, but I'm good with it. CB was a major need and I will trust the scouts and draft process over my uninformed self.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed dline I don't like this pick. If we can't get any pressure what is the point of having good cbs. No cb can cover for 5+ seconds. Guess its anouther year of qbs picking apart our d because we can't get a pass rush going.:noidea: I look at the organizations like new engalnd and seattle and guess what they lose starting corners and just ask the man up to play because they have good front 7's that can make mediocre cbs look like starters. Ugh we better get some dlineman with talent tommorrow or it will be a long year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has all the measurables you could ask for, and a great attitude, I think this was about as safe a pick as Dallas could have made at #27. Now let's see if he can play. I have a feeling with his size, length and athleticism Jones should be a very good fit in cover 2.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed dline I don't like this pick. If we can't get any pressure what is the point of having good cbs. No cb can cover for 5+ seconds. Guess its anouther year of qbs picking apart our d because we can't get a pass rush going.:noidea: I look at the organizations like new engalnd and seattle and guess what they lose starting corners and just ask the man up to play because they have good front 7's that can make mediocre cbs look like starters. Ugh we better get some dlineman with talent tommorrow or it will be a long year.

Lawrence will be a year older, Crawford another year removed from a devastating injury, Hardy will be joining the team by the halfway point, and we still have a guy named Jeremy Mincey who was pretty good last year. I am not too concerned about the D-line. We still have a few picks to utilize, too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence will be a year older, Crawford another year removed from a devastating injury, Hardy will be joining the team by the halfway point, and we still have a guy named Jeremy Mincey who was pretty good last year. I am not too concerned about the D-line. We still have a few picks to utilize, too.
I agree. There were other factors. Coach Rod has always been on record that he values a 3T over a NT or 1T, and while Brown might have be able to play there at 315-320, I think the Cowboys feel like they have their 3T in Crawford. Also, DT is just a loaded position, starting caliber kids will be there at 60,m and contributors in the 3rd and 4th. Jones was hands down the best corner left on the board

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird pick. If the Hardy 10 game ban stands, pick will look even dumber...but then again this brain trust moved up for Claiborne and took Jenkins in the 1st. They could not even get any pressure at all on a severely disabled QB in the playoffs. Always reaching for a CB it seems. Maybe this was just a salary dump move to get rid of Carr. Good luck with the work out warrior from UConn. Having nice character doesn't win playoff games.

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the want for Brown, not so much for Gregory.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird pick. If the Hardy 10 game ban stands, pick will look even dumber...but then again this brain trust moved up for Claiborne and took Jenkins in the 1st. They could not even get any pressure on a severely disabled QB in the playoffs. Always reaching for a CB it seems. Maybe this was just a salary dump move to get rid of Carr. Good luck with the work out warrior out from UConn.
1st, it wasn't a reach, many mocks had Jones going to Dallas, many others had him going a few picks before and a few after. 2nd, Jones was the Cowboys highest rated player, and at a need position. 3rd, the draft is far deeper in DL going forward, so the Cowboys get a potential starting corner, and will still get DL help later. 4th, it's not Jerry and a dartboard anymore, the Cowboys have drafted Pro Bowlers in the 1st round in 4 of the last 5 drafts. 5th, any pick would be a better plan than your absurd trade for AP scenario

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pass rush should already be better with Lawrence and Hardy. Our CBs right now were Carr who could be cut, Scandrick who could hold out and Claiborne. Want to go into another season like that? Plus if things worked out at corner we could probably play the kid a FS. Good pick at first glance for me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You saw where Brown ended up going right?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea new england after they lost 2 cbs.

Maybe that was because there were no other good CB's left worth taking in the 1st?

Also, New England did just lose Vince Wilfork.