• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

By July 12 Celtics will need to deal...Rondo?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do just the opposite. The list of foot issues and big men's careers is not attractive. ACL's typically produce a stronger knee, not the case with feet. Perhaps Randle is young enough tho. Still, Vonleh is the better choice........

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do just the opposite. The list of foot issues and big men's careers is not attractive. ACL's typically produce a stronger knee, not the case with feet. Perhaps Randle is young enough tho. Still, Vonleh is the better choice........

Tearing your ACL is never a good thing, despite how far medicine practice has advanced over the last decade. Foot issues are a gamble, but Randle played just fine his freshman year without any injury issues. Plus, he's arguably the best pick (outside of Parker) in the most talented draft the NBA has seen in quite some time. Lakers are rebuilding, not retooling. No sense in trading for Rondo.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is a great player,but Embid and Wiggins immediately trumps Randle or even Smart for that matter, w/o debate.

?????????????

My point remains, Rondo is far better than getting a tweener in Randle. I would see a defensive big or draft picks

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably take Rondo over Randle.

I think sometime we get carried away with unproven commodities, convincing ourselves that the ceiling is the reality. We forget that the majority of lottery picks never even make it in the league.

The thing that would make me think about going Randle over Rondo is salary. All-star players in their first 4 years are HUGE bargains, and there is potential for that to happen with Randle. Rondo, on the other hand, is going to be looking for max money starting next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometime we get carried away with unproven commodities, convincing ourselves that the ceiling is the reality. We forget that the majority of lottery picks never even make it in the league.
Is Rondo a proven commodity or just an amazing role player?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rondo a proven commodity or just an amazing role player?

A fair question. He did post his lowest PER since his rookie season this year, without Garnett and Pierce. He did only play 30 games, though. A little more time should answer your question.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am the opposite, Randle is a tweener who has foot issues . He reminds me on Antwoine Walker.

If the Lakers had taken Vonleh, I could see Danny taking a deal seriously. I will never understand how Vonleh fell.

So far every doctor Randle has seen since the Lakers drafted him has said the foot is not an issue. You never know with the feet though.

I agree on Vonleh. I liked his upside better than Randle's. Vonleh is still a project though which is one reason why I think the Lakers took Randle who is certainly much more NBA ready.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This perception is exactly why Boston will get a very good return for him. Reality is though, there are many good PGs in the NBA and you simply cannot build a team around around a guard who can't shoot. I am not sure that Rondo is one of the top PGs in the league, but his trade value is still considerable.

:agree: A PG that can't shoot isn't a PG you should want on your team.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty of interest by the Lakers in Rondo. Personally I dont care where he lands as long as we get decent picks or players back. Maybe to woo Melo the Lakers dangle the point that Rondo can be had, as Melo and him are close.

Celtics had Smart/Gordon and Vonleh on their plan so IF they could get Vonleh, and maybe a pick or two, maybe Rondo would free up.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being mean, L-Man. Stop owning these boys! Rondo for Randle? Get a patent on the new drugs you're taking before big pharma gets wind of it and rips off your recipe. Randle has el busto written all over him.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won't trade Randle for Rondo. Their targets are Melo and Pau in that order to form a "Big 3". Randle will be a regret for the teams that passed on him and will be a Lakers steal when is all said and done. The kid says all the right things and maturity galore for a 19 year old. The beast in him will prove that Lakers will have made this pick worth it. Not concerned with foot history.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is a great player,but Embid and Wiggins immediately trumps Randle or even Smart for that matter, w/o debate.

?????????????

My point remains, Rondo is far better than getting a tweener in Randle. I would see a defensive big or draft picks

:lol: none of these players have even played in one NBA game. There have been countless times where fans predicted player A would turn out to be better than player B. Meanwhile, player A busts and lasts only a couple of years in the league, while player B has a stellar career.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch! welcome in. I actually like Randle, but like most I would have chosen Vonleh for his athleticism/upside/hands/touch and health. But, I would agree Randle is a great prospect....but sorry heatles, there is no way he is #2 behind Parker in this draft. he is a Tweener. If there is one player that might surprise my bet is Gordon. He and Smart really shined because they play both sides of the game, which is rare in young guys.

Again, what I am wondering is what takes place prior to July 12.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see the moves Ainge will make with his stockpile of picks, etc. in the next 5 years

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics need so eone who can defend 4s and 5s.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won't trade Randle for Rondo. Their targets are Melo and Pau in that order to form a "Big 3". Randle will be a regret for the teams that passed on him and will be a Lakers steal when is all said and done. The kid says all the right things and maturity galore for a 19 year old. The beast in him will prove that Lakers will have made this pick worth it. Not concerned with foot history.

Well, Kobe is not the most patient of individuals.

This is not the same situation. But, remember when he wanted them to trade a young Bynum for Jason Kidd?

I doubt he will want to have another Season where the Long Beach Jam fields a better team than the Lakers.

Plus, I doubt very seriously that the Buss kids gave him 48mil if they didn't plan on trying to win.

I said all that to say, they would trade him for the right player.

I'm not sure if that's Rondo.

But, Bosh would be interesting.....