• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Business is about to pick up

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Nothing is similar between Mack and Muschamp. I think that is one reason his name is being kicked around. HE is the complete opposite of Mack. Hard ass that will field a hard hitting team. The issue is going to be on the offense. He would need a respected OC to get my approval (not that anyone would ask for it). Holgo gets fired and Muschamp comes with Holgo as his OC. Imagine that. Good times.

dunno, but I think they are both trainwrecks. I wouldn't want Muschamp anywhere near a team I liked...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno, but I think they are both trainwrecks. I wouldn't want Muschamp anywhere near a team I liked...
-
I do not mind him. He inherited a disaster at Florida. Urban did not do Florida any favors when he left. I still think he is a long shot. Of the last rumored list I would think Strong is the most likely.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think MACK is going anywhere.
From day 1, Mack Brown has always been a CEO coach.

He does 4 things:
1. Builds program wealth and profitability
2. Recruits
3. Control discipline/ Maintain a clean program
4. Hires assistants to do the X and O stuff. They have complete coaching power.

He has not missed a beat on the first 3 things.

#4 is the only thing that Mack needs to improve.
Mack is not going to grab a clipboard. He has never done that as a CEO coach.
Mack is not going to run the player through practice. He is not the one teaching them tackling.
Mack tends to be loyal to his guys and is slow to pull the trigger.

I applauded him for firing Diaz. That guy should have been gone last October.
Mack needs to show more of that power again to garner a culture of accountability.

Lets wait and see how this Robinson thing unfolds.
K-State was the first game where Robinson had a full week to coach them up.
Now he has 10 days for ISU and 10 days for OU.

All this comes to an end when OU drops another 50 + pts on us in 2 weeks. Although I think Mack does the honorable thing and will step down, rather than be stubborn and get fired. New AD will be cleaning house. No offense, but you're being a bit delusional.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban coaches. He does have a process. More importantly Bama has an identity. I do not even need to know the names or returning starters to know what Bama will be, season in and season out. I am not talking record, but identity. What is Texas? Spread, Power Run, Up-tempo Spread. The current starter for the ISU game (Case) has seen 3 different coordinators and 3 different systems. CEO's have vision. They have a process. Mack has neither. He is called a CEO, because he does not coach. It is not because he is a great CEO.

Excellent assessment, Codaxx. At one point, Mack did have a vision and identity from 1998 to 2005, where we lined up and shoved the football down your throat with dominating rushing attacks. All of that changed after '05, IMO. What helped out Mack from '06-'09 was an insane amount of awesome talent, even though he had no identity. Today, our talent is overrated and awful and without an identity, it's clear why this program has been average to below average since 2010.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent assessment, Codaxx. At one point, Mack did have a vision and identity from 1998 to 2005, where we lined up and shoved the football down your throat with dominating rushing attacks. All of that changed after '05, IMO. What helped out Mack from '06-'09 was an insane amount of awesome talent, even though he had no identity. Today, our talent is overrated and awful and without an identity, it's clear why this program has been average to below average since 2010.
-
I am not so sure it is completely over-rated. I saw an article about Bama and the lack of success in the Pros. I think the reason is Saban gets close to optimal production from his players. This goes to your Saban and process comment. Saban has a vision. It starts at the time he recruits, continues in development, and finally to the field. Each player is recruited to do a task and it rarely waivers. At Texes you have a mess. Current offensive seniors have seen multiple changes, so some players have been recruited for tasks that are no longer relevant. Even on defense you have a major shift. Muschamp was a blitzing, man defense. Manny was a zone-based defense (no need ot comment on Manny). Not as severe as the offense, but it a changein philosophy. It is not the optimal cycle for recruits to shine.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this comes to an end when OU drops another 50 + pts on us in 2 weeks. Although I think Mack does the honorable thing and will step down, rather than be stubborn and get fired. New AD will be cleaning house. No offense, but you're being a bit delusional.

I think he announces, but I don't see him leaving/stepping down in the middle of the season and I don't see UT giving him the ax in the middle of the season, either...I just think it means he doesn't go out on his terms.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he announces, but I don't see him leaving/stepping down in the middle of the season and I don't see UT giving him the ax in the middle of the season, either...I just think it means he doesn't go out on his terms.
-
Mack will coach out the year, but he is done. Little is gained by throwing Mack out. Like I said in an earlier post, the best case scenario is for Mack to say this is his last yr sometime in October. Let him have the farewell tour. Let opponents shower him with praise and respect. Buy him hokey gifts like a rocking chair and send him off like a war hero. While all that goes on, Texas can work at finding a new coach. Unfortunately, I think that is a long shot.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Mack will coach out the year, but he is done. Little is gained by throwing Mack out. Like I said in an earlier post, the best case scenario is for Mack to say this is his last yr sometime in October. Let him have the farewell tour. Let opponents shower him with praise and respect. Buy him hokey gifts like a rocking chair and send him off like a war hero. While all that goes on, Texas can work at finding a new coach. Unfortunately, I think that is a long shot.

Why would Mack get thrown out midseason when he will be the next AD? Doesn't make sense.

And to the person that said Urban Meyer didn't do Florida any favors when he left. Didn't he win 2 NC's with Florida?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Mack get thrown out midseason when he will be the next AD? Doesn't make sense.

And to the person that said Urban Meyer didn't do Florida any favors when he left. Didn't he win 2 NC's with Florida?
-
I meant in terms of the dumpster fire he left at Florida on his way out.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Mack is the coach until at least the end of 2013 season and maybe beyond that.
#2 Mack will not be the next AD.
#3 Diaz sucked as the Texas DC
#4 Mack got snookered, by his friends when it came to the hiring of Diaz.
#5 the next Texas Football Team will not be so Christian.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#6 Saban runs his college team like the NFL. He cuts those who do NOT perform. How else is he able to sign 25 players every season, when the limit is 85 at any one time.

Down boy, your ranking suck when you brag that they work when they are based on 2012 statistics. You are just a lucky POS.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

that busted me up.
:10:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#6 Saban runs his college team like the NFL. He cuts those who do NOT perform. How else is he able to sign 25 players every season, when the limit is 85 at any one time.

Down boy, your ranking suck when you brag that they work when they are based on 2012 statistics. You are just a lucky POS.

Got a list of cut players? At best he tells players they aren't going to play and they transfer somewhere where they will play. And as far as that stuff goes, Saban tells them during recruiting what it's going to be like and that they have to compete for their job. If a true freshman is better, then the true freshman plays. But go ahead and grab that moral victory because you got nothing else.

And I didn't get lucky with my rankings, I paid Mack Brown to lose against BYU and Ole Miss to make those picks right. You left me no choice after all the trash you talked in the off season, and I just couldn't risk it. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'll go ahead and apologize to the few Texas fans who aren't complete assholes for costing them their season and I really hope they can understand why I did what I did.