• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burton to be released

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Bears signed Jimmy Graham... :dhd:

Dbl G......at the end of this upcoming regular season, you Pack fans are gonna be like:

tenor-1.gif

Cmon Jimmy G......my newest favorite plaayer.....:lol:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like TE is definitely on the table for the draft. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it be the first pick we spend since we signed Jason Spriggs as well.

Looks like Pace wants to go veteran on the offensive line just like he went for the veteran Quinn on the defensive line then look to the draft for TE and and maybe even WR. Should be an interesting Friday for us.

Thats what I was thinking.......I was listening to some.sports radio yesterday and they were thing wr and cb with our first two picks....
I didnt think wr was on the menu, but since Gabriel left, there was an open spot.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Bears signed Jimmy Graham... :dhd:

Looking forward to Graham having a nice year just like Cook did when he left GB. TE's have gone to die in GB for a decade now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I was thinking.......I was listening to some.sports radio yesterday and they were thing wr and cb with our first two picks....
I didnt think wr was on the menu, but since Gabriel left, there was an open spot.....

WR has always been a need this off-season. Unless you think Riley Reid and Javon Wims are ready to battle it out for the WR spot opposite of Robinson. I mean, it's not a horrible idea. Both have some ability. But it's a huge, huge risk.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Dude was a big bust. Sad. I mean...We were SO BAD at the TE position last year. I mean, teams bring rookies off the practice squad and get more production...Good gried.

No tears shed for sure.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR has always been a need this off-season. Unless you think Riley Reid and Javon Wims are ready to battle it out for the WR spot opposite of Robinson. I mean, it's not a horrible idea. Both have some ability. But it's a huge, huge risk.

Yeah I just didnt realize.who we had.......
Now Im inn the " lets get the best available wr" with pur first pick.......

Im getting pumped about the upcoming season........:yes:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just didnt realize.who we had.......
Now Im inn the " lets get the best available wr" with pur first pick.......

Im getting pumped about the upcoming season........:yes:

Yeah, I have some optimism. At worst, I think we're competing for WC spot. Especially with an extra WC spot added.

And yeah... ARob is our #1, Miller is our slot. Those are set. After that, who knows?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have some optimism. At worst, I think we're competing for WC spot. Especially with an extra WC spot added.

And yeah... ARob is our #1, Miller is our slot. Those are set. After that, who knows?

We have a lot of questions to answer at all of our skill positions on offense. We may finally get some of them with Foles at QB.

Graham should be serviceable enough? Is anyone else at the TE position going to be serviceable?

What do we have after Robinson at wideout? Miller is capable of breaking out is my gut, but who knows? After that?

RB? Cohen is a great scat but are he and Montgomery really gonna get it done similar to what a team with a bona fide RB stud get out of the position?

Everyone dogged the o-line, but I have a strong feeling that it will be a lot better in the trenches this upcoming season when Biscuit is off the field.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is heading to Tampa. Wow. Maybe opens the door to trade a future 4th to replace the one Tampa just lost for Gronk in exchange for O.J. Howard? That'd be sweet.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is heading to Tampa. Wow. Maybe opens the door to trade a future 4th to replace the one Tampa just lost for Gronk in exchange for O.J. Howard? That'd be sweet.
I was getting on here to propose the same thing. Do we have the cap to double down on the TE position after the Graham signing? Does Howard and Graham fit on the field at the same time? Is Howard a good blocker? That’d be a killer receiving duo, but is it practical?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting on here to propose the same thing. Do we have the cap to double down on the TE position after the Graham signing? Does Howard and Graham fit on the field at the same time? Is Howard a good blocker? That’d be a killer receiving duo, but is it practical?

Howard has consistently been graded as a below average blocker. I don't know how him and Graham could share the field together in 12 personnel. They're pretty much the same "thing" at TE.

Brate is the more realistic (and probably the most logical) scenario. He would be a better compliment to Graham. With Graham being the "U" and Brate the "Y". Brate isn't Howard as an athlete but he can still stretch the seams and is a good pass catching TE. The difference is that he's evolved into a good blocker during his NFL career.

The flip-side of this is that I don't think Gronk was brought into fill Howard's role like many believe. I think he was brought in to fill in for Brate. Gronk might just be a more situational guy in the passing game these days. However, he was still a really good blocker at the end of his time in NE. That seems much more like what Brate has been for them.

People are all hyping a Howard trade out of this. I think it will wind-up being Brate, though.
This is, clearly, a total guess. There's no way to read exactly what's going on. If we did get Howard... shit... I guess I would be excited. Can we get him for our 5th, though? I don't want to trade a 2nd. I would rather trade the 5th for Brate.

EDIT: Oh, and we have the cap. After restructuring Foles and cutting Burton. We're back up to the middle of the pack with over 13 mil available. Howard is still on his rookie deal too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard has consistently been graded as a below average blocker. I don't know how him and Graham could share the field together in 12 personnel. They're pretty much the same "thing" at TE.

Brate is the more realistic (and probably the most logical) scenario. He would be a better compliment to Graham. With Graham being the "U" and Brate the "Y". Brate isn't Howard as an athlete but he can still stretch the seams and is a good pass catching TE. The difference is that he's evolved into a good blocker during his NFL career.

The flip-side of this is that I don't think Gronk was brought into fill Howard's role like many believe. I think he was brought in to fill in for Brate. Gronk might just be a more situational guy in the passing game these days. However, he was still a really good blocker at the end of his time in NE. That seems much more like what Brate has been for them.

People are all hyping a Howard trade out of this. I think it will wind-up being Brate, though.
This is, clearly, a total guess. There's no way to read exactly what's going on. If we did get Howard... shit... I guess I would be excited. Can we get him for our 5th, though? I don't want to trade a 2nd. I would rather trade the 5th for Brate.

EDIT: Oh, and we have the cap. After restructuring Foles and cutting Burton. We're back up to the middle of the pack with over 13 mil available. Howard is still on his rookie deal too.
Good rundown, much appreciated. I’d get a boner if we acquired Howard.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be happy with getting Brate as well. Dude's not a superstar or anything but him and Graham together would be a huge upgrade over the dogshit we trotted out last year.