• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burrow Highest Graded QB in NFL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason why the Burrow-led Bengals won't be a force in the AFCn for years. And the Burrow/Chase combo is scary good. Fun to watch.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason why the Burrow-led Bengals won't be a force in the AFCn for years. And the Burrow/Chase combo is scary good. Fun to watch.
Yeah. It is an exciting outlook for this team for sure, but I really wish our defense had some of the playmakers like the Browns defense does. Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Reader, Hilton, Awuzie and Wilson has really helped this defense though. Got some good pieces and next year Ossai will be back too. Just need to build an oline like the Browns and get a player or two for the secondary.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It is an exciting outlook for this team for sure, but I really wish our defense had some of the playmakers like the Browns defense does. Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Reader, Hilton, Awuzie and Wilson has really helped this defense though. Got some good pieces and next year Ossai will be back too. Just need to build an oline like the Browns and get a player or two for the secondary.

As far as my team it's been a disappointing season. All I was hoping for was they would equal their 11 game win total from last season.

But with Burrow I think your team has a brighter future than mine. As far as your D, maybe upgrade in the off season? And do you think the Bengal will focus on D for the upcoming draft?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as my team it's been a disappointing season. All I was hoping for was they would equal their 11 game win total from last season.

But with Burrow I think your team has a brighter future than mine. As far as your D, maybe upgrade in the off season? And do you think the Bengal will focus on D for the upcoming draft?
I think almost any position is on the table, but they really have to focus on helping Burrow up front and getting another CB to replace Waynes. I would like to see Sauce Gardner from Cincinnati, but he is a first rounder and probably get drafted higher than what we have. I think this year we actually spend a little money in FA on the Oline, and we draft another OL high, 1st or 2nd round.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but we all said that Cleveland was set for 5 years - Just last year. Things change in a hurry. Though, in the Bengals case, having Burrow and his weapons all young and locked up for years, things are looking good. The thing that makes them scary is that they aren't winning with any gimmicks or a system that will become easier to break over time. They just win every one-on-one match-up you throw at them. If you play soft zone so you won't get beat one-on-one, they give you the slow death. I can't believe I'm getting to see this from the Bengals.

The Browns have one of the most interesting future scenarios in the league. If they traded for Russel Wilson this offseason, who would be in better position on paper? He's the best QB to match that powerful run game and as the Bengals found out, if you spot them a lead, the Cleveland D will come after you.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we all said that Cleveland was set for 5 years - Just last year. Things change in a hurry. Though, in the Bengals case, having Burrow and his weapons all young and locked up for years, things are looking good. The thing that makes them scary is that they aren't winning with any gimmicks or a system that will become easier to break over time. They just win every one-on-one match-up you throw at them. If you play soft zone so you won't get beat one-on-one, they give you the slow death. I can't believe I'm getting to see this from the Bengals.

The Browns have one of the most interesting future scenarios in the league. If they traded for Russel Wilson this offseason, who would be in better position on paper? He's the best QB to match that powerful run game and as the Bengals found out, if you spot them a lead, the Cleveland D will come after you.
I think the big thing was, last year it looked like Baker was taking those final steps to being a top 10 guy - consistency. Then, this year, he fell off that wagon. Now, some of that is due to injury, no doubt. But, even the defense at times has struggled in areas, but again - injury, Covid, etc...

I would not be shocked to see the Browns bounce back next year.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Twitter post the other day noted that Burrow won an AFC North before Mayfield. My comment back was that I believe he's about to win a lot more than Mayfield did... or will.

You guys should be thrilled. You have a keeper.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to see Wilson in Cleveland. But last I heard he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. But he's opened to the possibility of playing for the Giants.

No disrespect to the Giants but the Browns are a much better team. If he would really pick the Giants over the Browns winning isn't a priority for him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Wilson in Cleveland. But last I heard he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. But he's opened to the possibility of playing for the Giants.

No disrespect to the Giants but the Browns are a much better team. If he would really pick the Giants over the Browns winning isn't a priority for him.
Yeah.... Playing for the Giants just means he's interested in his life after football.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... Playing for the Giants just means he's interested in his life after football.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I will laugh if he ends up with the Giants though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking as well. I will laugh if he ends up with the Giants though.
His wife wants to go back to New York and the life she is used to. It is not Russell's decision, as long as he enjoys tapping dat ass.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife wants to go back to New York and the life she is used to. It is not Russell's decision, as long as he enjoys tapping dat ass.
Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... The dude went years before actually tapping it (he wanted to be married first)..... And he had more wins when he was celibate. I think Cleveland is an easy place to remain celibate - He should go there.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want him to leave, hell no............ but if I was Joe, I'd be saying, "get me a fucking line or else." no QB can put up with that for a long time. 2-3 years, his body would be done............

1644961299827.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hurt his other knee. Won't need surgery - but it's beyond pathetic how this organization has allowed this to happen.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we allowed Klinger to get multiple concussions before he could figure out anything, we allowed Carson Palmer to get Kimo'd

We've had some decent Oline here and there since the big guys retired, and we let them go play for other teams.

Burrow's going to be watching. we made a half hearted attempt to fix the line in the offseason. Reiff was a good addition, and Carman a decent pick, but that clearly was not enough.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we allowed Klinger to get multiple concussions before he could figure out anything, we allowed Carson Palmer to get Kimo'd

We've had some decent Oline here and there since the big guys retired, and we let them go play for other teams.

Burrow's going to be watching. we made a half hearted attempt to fix the line in the offseason. Reiff was a good addition, and Carman a decent pick, but that clearly was not enough.
Agreed.

Relying on Hopkins coming off an ACL, and simply 1 good/decent year of blocking was a big, big ask. Spain wasn't great last year, and he stunk in Buf - and was 67th of 68 rated OG's in pass block win % this year. Su'a wasn't great before, and was injured.

As usual, the Bengals approach to free agency for the OL was the bargain bin, and it bit them in the ass. This has been going on since before Burrow got here - and kicking the can down the road, continually, has brought us to this point.

I know people pissed on Palmer for saying what he did - but he's not wrong. Burrow will be watching. This franchise has got to show they are going to do something they've not been willing to do since Free Agency became a thing in the 90's - and actually spend on the OL.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Relying on Hopkins coming off an ACL, and simply 1 good/decent year of blocking was a big, big ask. Spain wasn't great last year, and he stunk in Buf - and was 67th of 68 rated OG's in pass block win % this year. Su'a wasn't great before, and was injured.

As usual, the Bengals approach to free agency for the OL was the bargain bin, and it bit them in the ass. This has been going on since before Burrow got here - and kicking the can down the road, continually, has brought us to this point.

I know people pissed on Palmer for saying what he did - but he's not wrong. Burrow will be watching. This franchise has got to show they are going to do something they've not been willing to do since Free Agency became a thing in the 90's - and actually spend on the OL.
i agree 100% and I was on the same page with you last offseason about our lack of activity in this area. I think they put too much faith in Frank Pollack's ability to elevate the play of a few developmental players and too much faith in Hopkins making it back from injury. Though their track-record isn't good in this area, I think their experience with building a D through FA lends optimism.... They have a lot of cap space and they don't need to make significant investments on D (for now). They can tag Bates (or work something out), sign a second corner and otherwise look for bargains. They can use the rest of the space on the offense and specifically the line. They weren't in that position last year..... They couldn't really afford to let good free agent defensive players sign elsewhere while waiting on the O-Linemen. Anyway, I have a hunch that they'll do something novel this year. I think cash will flow..... I just hope they pick the right guys.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that they have ignored the o-line, they just haven't picked/signed the right guys.
They drafted Ced, Fisher, Price, Carman, traded for Glenn and those guys didn't work out.

What they need to do is take a step back and fundamentally change what they are looking for in o-linemen because what they've preferred lately hasn't worked.