• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burrow having appendix removed

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose this is good timing - If this kind of thing happens in the middle of the season, you might miss a game or two. Odd way to begin camp though... With your team leader in the hospital.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I suppose this is good timing - If this kind of thing happens in the middle of the season, you might miss a game or two. Odd way to begin camp though... With your team leader in the hospital.

I had the same exact thought when I saw this article. With the way the AFC is right now a loss or two with a backup in the middle of the season would have sucked

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the coaches had any intention of letting him play in preseason games anyway.... This just made that decision easier.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that surgery done before. I'm interested to see if he guards that right side of his body early in the season. He's tougher than me by a long ways, but took me a few months before I stopped guarding that side of my body when people were around. I also had jerk friends that thought it was funny to punch me where I had the surgery to see if it still hurt though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that surgery done before. I'm interested to see if he guards that right side of his body early in the season. He's tougher than me by a long ways, but took me a few months before I stopped guarding that side of my body when people were around. I also had jerk friends that thought it was funny to punch me where I had the surgery to see if it still hurt though.
Burrow needs something to overcome I guess, otherwise he doesn't have much of a challenge. Going from Ohio State to LSU, getting drafted with new Covid rules, torn acl/mcl/pcl, appendix surgery..etc.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the new OL is already suffering injuries...

oh boy. reddit board will be like "WHY ARE WE LOSING SO MANY GAMES NOW BWAHAHAHAH!!!"

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals injury PR team is at it again..... That routine Burrow appendix issue doesn't seem all that routine. Healthy twenty-something year old men do not have a PICC line in their arm a week after routine appendectomy procedures. In the long run it doesn't really matter, because Burrow still has 6 weeks before he has a game anyway.... But, it's good to see the injury propoganda machine is still cranking down at PBS.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals injury PR team is at it again..... That routine Burrow appendix issue doesn't seem all that routine. Healthy twenty-something year old men do not have a PICC line in their arm a week after routine appendectomy procedures. In the long run it doesn't really matter, because Burrow still has 6 weeks before he has a game anyway.... But, it's good to see the injury propoganda machine is still cranking down at PBS.
Just making sure he doesn't get dehydrated out in that heat on his cart. I assume that is what this was for anyways.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just making sure he doesn't get dehydrated out in that heat on his cart. I assume that is what this was for anyways.
The most common reason for something like this would be antibiotics..... Which probably means there was more of an infection there or closer to burst than the Bengals discussed in the news. Which is all fine given HIPPA, the fact that they aren't playing games, etc.

Oh... and before anyone questions my credentials, you should know that I am an expert trained internet message board doctor. Close cousin of the internet tough guy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most common reason for something like this would be antibiotics..... Which probably means there was more of an infection there or closer to burst than the Bengals discussed in the news. Which is all fine given HIPPA, the fact that they aren't playing games, etc.

Oh... and before anyone questions my credentials, you should know that I am an expert trained internet message board doctor. Close cousin of the internet tough guy.
I am not smart enough to know otherwise. I just assumed it was fluids being used out in the heat a week after surgery.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals injury PR team is at it again..... That
routine Burrow appendix issue doesn't seem all that routine. Healthy twenty-something year old men do not have a PICC line in their arm a week after routine appendectomy procedures. In the long run it doesn't really matter, because Burrow still has 6 weeks before he has a game anyway.... But, it's good to see the injury propoganda machine is still cranking down at PBS.
Going to hazard a guess that most people would be in bed, at home. Considering that he's out and about, this could all be a part of that process to ensure no infections, etc...

You also are usually on a "liquid" like diet for a few days after surgery. Could also be to help with hydration.

No clue on if the appendix ruptured, but if it did, then it would also be for the medicine needed to help infection, prevent infection, and aid in healing.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to hazard a guess that most people would be in bed, at home. Considering that he's out and about, this could all be a part of that process to ensure no infections, etc...

You also are usually on a "liquid" like diet for a few days after surgery. Could also be to help with hydration.

No clue on if the appendix ruptured, but if it did, then it would also be for the medicine needed to help infection, prevent infection, and aid in healing.
Well, where did you get your internet medical degree? LOL.

I'm actually really surprised there isn't more outrage and panic. This is silly season for news stories..... Maybe everyone's just distracted by the Watson case.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm actually really surprised there isn't more outrage and panic. This is silly season for news stories..... Maybe everyone's just distracted by the Watson case.
My wife has been a nurse for 25 years...I've picked up on a lot of medical stuff from that. I worked for UHC for nearly 12 years, and picked up a bunch for that.

I also just googled after care for appendix surgery.

But most importantly - I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Snoop Dogg Hotel GIF by Romy

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crisis averted?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A follow-up - PICC line was due to the fact that the appendix DID rupture - so that would explain the need for the additional medicine after surgery.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A follow-up - PICC line was due to the fact that the appendix DID rupture - so that would explain the need for the additional medicine after surgery.
Yeah.... It seemed pretty obvious that it was more complicated than a garden-variety procedure. Burrow has also confirmed that he lost a lot of weight. He should be good-to-go by the time the season rolls around. Had that happened during the regular season, it would have been disastrous.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... It seemed pretty obvious that it was more complicated than a garden-variety procedure. Burrow has also confirmed that he lost a lot of weight. He should be good-to-go by the time the season rolls around. Had that happened during the regular season, it would have been disastrous.
Signs God is a Joe Burrow fan?