• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bundesliga Thread 2018-2019

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any indication that Bayern needs new central defense and new backup goalie, today was it. I don't care if it was 10 men...it was effing F.C. Heidenheim not Barcelona. That central defense and goal tending today was a shit show in the Pokal. Thankfully the offensive substitutions provided just enough. Neuer please be back for Der Klassiker. I can't take another game with Lars Ulreich in net!!!!

Last edited:

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any indication that Bayern needs new central defense and new backup goalie, today was it. I don't care if it was 10 men...it was effing F.C. Heidenheim not Barcelona. That central defense and goal tending today was a shit show in the Pokal. Thankfully the offensive substitutions provided just enough. Neuer please be back for Der Klassiker. I can't take another game with Lars Ulreich in net!!!!
The Ulreich gaffe against Madrid and Benzema will forever haunt me.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ulreich gaffe against Madrid and Benzema will forever haunt me.

I agree. Ulreich wasn't as bad as Hummels and Boetang who were outright dreadful...especially at the end. Did you see the Hummels penalty? Lazy undisciplined performance. Amateur show from those two. In many ways, they left Ulreich out to dry. He did make an amazing save at the 81 minute mark once the game was tied....but not being able to hold a 4-2 lead late against Heidenheim is worrisome. Neuer may not play this weekend I hear.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Ulreich wasn't as bad as Hummels and Boetang who were outright dreadful...especially at the end. Did you see the Hummels penalty? Lazy undisciplined performance. Amateur show from those two. In many ways, they left Ulreich out to dry. He did make an amazing save at the 81 minute mark once the game was tied....but not being able to hold a 4-2 lead late against Heidenheim is worrisome. Neuer may not play this weekend I hear.
I followed the match ticker online at work. Was the Süle tackle red card worthy?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know w
I followed the match ticker online at work. Was the Süle tackle red card worthy?

Yes it was, but it was Thiago who caused it with a horrible pass to the Heidenheim player that set up a big chance and Sule didn't have much time to react and made a bad tackle, else the guy was going have a great chance. Central defensemen need to react quicker and better than that. It was yellow originally and went to VAR and went red.

Kovac took out Ribery then and went with Boetang...and you could say Sule out with a red card and not on the pitch had a better game than Boetang. I saw a comment: "Sule gets a red card, and then Hummels says 'Hold my weisbier' with his penalty.

Jogi was right: Hummels and Boetang should be shitcanned from the National Team.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boateng party...win or lose ... not a good idea. Even if Bayern win they still got a hot Frankfurt and Leipzig on the schedule still late in the season.

I see from the article Paco Alcacer is doubtful for the game. That would be a plus.
I'm glad Alcacer came to the BL, even as a Bayern fan. The league needs to start attracting premium talent, and retaining the talent it has. There is a growing disparity between England and Germany now. Teams other than BVB and FCB need to spend. None of the BL teams have issues drawing fans. Attendance is healthy.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Alcacer came to the BL, even as a Bayern fan. The league needs to start attracting premium talent, and retaining the talent it has. There is a growing disparity between England and Germany now. Teams other than BVB and FCB need to spend. None of the BL teams have issues drawing fans. Attendance is healthy.

RB Leipzig is supposed to be the team to challenge Bayern spending. But haven't done it so far. They did it when they were fast tracking to move up. One year they spent 8 million euros for Davie Selke, unheard of amount for the lower divisions, and more than all the other teams combined, but so far haven't taken it further. They lost Keita, and I am hearing Werner to Bayern is done deal too. What happened? Red Bull guy wanted to win Bundesliga before he was 70. They have a great stadium too, and their popularity is soaring. You'd think that would translate into bigger signings.

Dortmund, they don't spend like Bayern, they are smart spenders. Alex Witzel and Jaydon Sancho, two great deals this season. They find excellent players on the cheap, and then sell high. Somehow they have kept Reus around for awhile. Maybe if he wasn't hurt so much, he'd be gone by now.

Speaking of Dortmund, it is going to be tough tomorrow. Not only Alcacer out, their defense is ravaged too by injury. Could be a Bayern feast tomorrow if Kovac can get the tactics right. In big games this year, he hasn't.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Leipzig is supposed to be the team to challenge Bayern spending. But haven't done it so far. They did it when they were fast tracking to move up. One year they spent 8 million euros for Davie Selke, unheard of amount for the lower divisions, and more than all the other teams combined, but so far haven't taken it further. They lost Keita, and I am hearing Werner to Bayern is done deal too. What happened? Red Bull guy wanted to win Bundesliga before he was 70. They have a great stadium too, and their popularity is soaring. You'd think that would translate into bigger signings.

Dortmund, they don't spend like Bayern, they are smart spenders. Alex Witzel and Jaydon Sancho, two great deals this season. They find excellent players on the cheap, and then sell high. Somehow they have kept Reus around for awhile. Maybe if he wasn't hurt so much, he'd be gone by now.

Speaking of Dortmund, it is going to be tough tomorrow. Not only Alcacer out, their defense is ravaged too by injury. Could be a Bayern feast tomorrow if Kovac can get the tactics right. In big games this year, he hasn't.
I kind of like Leipzig. I know they're enemy number one for many BL fans, but they are certainly an important club now. It would be nice if they stepped up spending and even retained Werner. I have watched many of their matches and they have a solid defense and a decent attack. That Sabitzer guy seems to be feast or famine though. He can't put a shot on goal to save his life, however..

Eintracht is showing they have depth, but I'm sure they're about to be pillaged by larger European clubs for Jovic and Rebic.

In terms of tomorrow, I've hear Alaba and Neuer are possibilities to start, but won't hold my breath.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what an ending in the Eintracht-Schalke match.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what an ending in the Eintracht-Schalke match.

What is with 9 minutes of extra time? Didn't see the game but the score line looks crazy. Frankfurt is on fire. Back when we talked about Europa League I said Frankfurts only chance for UCL was winning Europa league but they are Top 4 now with Gladbach collapsing and Leverkusen falling apart again. Sure looks like it will be Dortmund, Bayern, Leipzig, and Frankfurt going to UCL. Leipzig hot too now. Werner got another goal.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with 9 minutes of extra time? Didn't see the game but the score line looks crazy. Frankfurt is on fire. Back when we talked about Europa League I said Frankfurts only chance for UCL was winning Europa league but they are Top 4 now with Gladbach collapsing and Leverkusen falling apart again. Sure looks like it will be Dortmund, Bayern, Leipzig, and Frankfurt going to UCL. Leipzig hot too now. Werner got another goal.
Schalke handball penalty in extra time led to VAR, thus all the extra time. Jovic then easily buried the PK and that was it.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like Leipzig. I know they're enemy number one for many BL fans, but they are certainly an important club now. It would be nice if they stepped up spending and even retained Werner. I have watched many of their matches and they have a solid defense and a decent attack. That Sabitzer guy seems to be feast or famine though. He can't put a shot on goal to save his life, however..

Eintracht is showing they have depth, but I'm sure they're about to be pillaged by larger European clubs for Jovic and Rebic.

In terms of tomorrow, I've hear Alaba and Neuer are possibilities to start, but won't hold my breath.

I have a German field support engineer for my company who lives in Dresden and he visited our California division for a couple months 2 years ago and he sat next to me I got the whole story of Leipzig from him then. Got a lot of German perspective on the Bundesliga. At that time they were hated by other fans and teams because they refuse to follow the 50+1 rule in Germany. One game someone tossed tossed a severed bulls head on the pitch if I remember right. Bayern is not a popular team either oustide of Munich for their tactics of poaching talent from within. Dresden is close to Leipzig and he has had season tickets since the beginning.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lineup is out. Neuer Alaba in, James and Goretza out:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVB getting demolished

4-0 halftime. Beyond my wildest dreams. I had a feeling the Dortmund defense was going to be a trainwreck with all the injuries....but not this bad. Horrendous on the set pieces. Vintage Bayern today.