• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls Warriors tonight

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Run N Gun Suns and current Warriors are nothing alike.

Nash was a HOF (2x MVP) PG and one of the best of all-time, Stat in his prime was a top 3 PF and Marion a top 5 SF. That team was filled around with role players that could shoot and run the floor, Nash pretty much made most of those guys' careers. Joe Johnson, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, J-Rich, James Jones, Shaq, Grant Hill, Robin Lopez, etc. over the years to name some of the role players filled around them. They were great for many years, just couldn't get over the hump and got screwed by suspensions and the Tim Donahue scandal as well. Just shit luck.

Curry is great, but he is nowhere near the level Nash was when it comes to making his teammates better. PHX didn't rely on the 3, they just pushed the ball and ran picks and rolls which led to open 3's. They always had enough talent to win a ring, say what you want about their defense but it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It was just because of their identity so people latched on.

That being said, Golden State actually has an elite-level defense and to go along with better shooters than that PHX team. Better shot creators as well & They are pretty deep. It's not fair to compare them just because they are both all-time great offensive teams. Their styles are different.

The squad with a young Amare, Nash, Marion and Joe Johnson (which was only together for 2 years) was actually a little more comparable to GS but that team was broken apart kinda like when Harden left OKC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to blame injuries or anything tonight but missing bogut tonight does hurt cause he's a huge part of the offense and defense.
People were talking about how important players were earlier in the thread. Bogut is the 'Bosh' of this team. Having him healthy is by far the biggest wildcard with this team moving forward

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for GSW isn't necessarily that they don't get points in the paint or even that most of their points in the paint come from fast breaks.

The problem is that their offense works backwards (for lack of a better term). For GSW, they play more outside/in than inside/out. They use the jumper to open up the paint rather than going inside to open up their jump shot.

This works well for them in the regular season, especially since they actually play defense. The problem for them is likely to be that when they get to the playoffs and have to face teams like the Spurs and Grizzlies or Bulls (if they make the finals) for 7 straight games. They'll be trying to get use jump shots to open up the paint and it isn't likely to work like it does in the regular season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for GSW isn't necessarily that they don't get points in the paint or even that most of their points in the paint come from fast breaks.

The problem is that their offense works backwards (for lack of a better term). For GSW, they play more outside/in than inside/out. They use the jumper to open up the paint rather than going inside to open up their jump shot.

This works well for them in the regular season, especially since they actually play defense. The problem for them is likely to be that when they get to the playoffs and have to face teams like the Spurs and Grizzlies or Bulls (if they make the finals) for 7 straight games. They'll be trying to get use jump shots to open up the paint and it isn't likely to work like it does in the regular season.

I was kinda thinking the same thing a bit. But I think they can still play this way in the playoffs it's just the games will be a lot closer

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's NEVER healthy:gaah:.

That's like me saying..." I'm gonna buy a house in Pacific Palisades....as long as my Power Ball ticket matches all 6 numbers:noidea:

You can't base your reality on a long shot.

Guys don't usually get healthier late in their career.

If the Warriors fortunes rest on Bogut, which I don't believe they do, they won't make the WCF.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like me saying..." I'm gonna buy a house in Pacific Palisades....as long as my Power Ball ticket matches all 6 numbers:noidea:

You can't base your reality on a long shot.

Guys don't usually get healthier late in their career.

If the Warriors fortunes rest on Bogut, which I don't believe they do, they won't make the WCF.

Actually there fortune does rest on bogut. They can't win a title without him and curry healthy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night game was awesome to watch as a NBA fan and getting the win as a bulls fan was nice. To get it with out Butler(best defender) and MDJ was big to beat the best tam in the NBA at their place while they were coming off 19 in a row and was up 10 a few times. Rose played great D against Curry. Most Min Rose played in 3 years. U can see he was tired but made the Big shot at the end. Good stuff.

I also want to say it was great to see the refs let them bang. I do think they missed a lot of calls on both sides but it was nice to see them play and not call every little call.

I agree with the call at the end and it was a great reasoning why they didn't call it in the act of shooting. He was behind the basket. Thompson had a great look at the end but just missed it.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a finals preview, if it's anything like the game last night could be a great final.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a finals preview, if it's anything like the game last night could be a great final.

I agree, man that was fun. I live on the east coast and I stayed up and watched it. Most of the time I go to sleep at half time because I have work at 5:30 AM.

The 2nd half adjustments were great by the Bulls in defending Klay and Curry. Hinrich and Rose did a great job.

Noah needs to get back to last year form. If not Bulls might be in trouble on interior defense. To have a 6'5 guy out jump you with the game on the line is not a good thing.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, man that was fun. I live on the east coast and I stayed up and watched it. Most of the time I go to sleep at half time because I have work at 5:30 AM.

The 2nd half adjustments were great by the Bulls in defending Klay and Curry. Hinrich and Rose did a great job.

Noah needs to get back to last year form. If not Bulls might be in trouble on interior defense. To have a 6'5 guy out jump you with the game on the line is not a good thing.

That's was a great game. And who is the 6 foot 5 guy? Lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This ^

And the fact that they score in bunches. Very explosive up tempo offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there fortune does rest on bogut. They can't win a title without him and curry healthy.

Disagree.

Bogut will help when they face Teams like the Spurs and Griz.

But, he can't stop Zbo and Gasol.

The Griz matchup is what intrigues me the most because they are the complete antithesis of the Warriors.

Just like with Bogut vs. Zbo and Gasol, Tony Allen is gonna catch hell against Klay and Curry.

The Warriors are a jump shooting Team.

If the shots are falling, they win.

If they are not?

* See Clippers game.

Last time I checked, Bogut doesn't shot jumpers.

Ps. You told me how few games they have lost when Bogut plays.

How many games have they WON w/out him?

Over the years, I'm sure it's a MUCH larger sample size.

The Warriors go as far as the Splash Brothers take them.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night game was awesome to watch as a NBA fan and getting the win as a bulls fan was nice. To get it with out Butler(best defender) and MDJ was big to beat the best tam in the NBA at their place while they were coming off 19 in a row and was up 10 a few times. Rose played great D against Curry. Most Min Rose played in 3 years. U can see he was tired but made the Big shot at the end. Good stuff.

I also want to say it was great to see the refs let them bang. I do think they missed a lot of calls on both sides but it was nice to see them play and not call every little call.

I agree with the call at the end and it was a great reasoning why they didn't call it in the act of shooting. He was behind the basket. Thompson had a great look at the end but just missed it.

Like Steve Kerr said in the post game.. Chicago's front line is huge. Probably the biggest in the NBA. When Snell and butler are on the floor with Noah and Gasol, along with Rose.. That's a huge line up to throw at shooters, especially with a small line up. They have to alter shots and do things different.

We just need to keep getting better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

Bogut will help when they face Teams like the Spurs and Griz.

But, he can't stop Zbo and Gasol.

The Griz matchup is what intrigues me the most because they are the complete antithesis of the Warriors.

Just like with Bogut vs. Zbo and Gasol, Tony Allen is gonna catch hell against Klay and Curry.

The Warriors are a jump shooting Team.

If the shots are falling, they win.

If they are not?

* See Clippers game.

Last time I checked, Bogut doesn't shot jumpers.

Ps. You told me how few games they have lost when Bogut plays.

How many games have they WON w/out him?

Over the years, I'm sure it's a MUCH larger sample size.

The Warriors go as far as the Splash Brothers take them.

Do I really have to explain what bogut does that helps us win the title? He's our 2nd most important player behind curry like I've said numerous times lol. So what if bogut doesn't shoot jumpers? Doesn't mean he's a big piece to winning the title. They NEED him in the playoffs to win it all. They're 27-2 with bogut I believe. Defense is much better with him in the lineup too. 4 things happen when he's in the game.

1. He stops teams from taking it to the lane and contains the top bigs

2. Ball movement- he's one of the better passing bigs in the game

3. Monster screen setter ( not many great ones these days)

4. He cleans up the glass and as evidence to last night the warriors don't get killed on the boards with him in the game

People here really underestimate his impact and how good of a big he is.