• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls Find Their HC

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just said it is a risk. I actually would hire a guy like kerr who worked in the front office of an nba team but lacked coaching experience over a college coach who never worked in the front office or coached in the league
I think Kerr learned how to coach as a player for Phil Jackson and Gregg popovich more than being in the front office.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny that 17 years ago Jerry ran a great coach out of town in order to hire the HC from Iowa St, Tim Floyd.

Now here he is running Thibs out of town to once again hire the HC from Iowa st.
Jerry Krause ran Jackson out, not Jerry reinsdorf.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he has hired any assistants yet, but I hope he can keep Adrian Griffin and maybe get someone who worked with Thibs on the defense to keep the key principles there.

Best case scenario, hoiberg has a Steve Kerr like impression on the Bulls, they become a dangerous offensive team and take the league by storm next year. He keeps the elite defense when the Bulls need it while destroying teams on offense.

Worst case scenario, he never really hits his stride over the next few years as the Bulls continue to make the playoffs, but aren't really contenders to make it to the finals out of the east. He becomes Mike D'Antoni without Steve Nash.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You back to work, sunshine?
Hey there! Yep, been back since Feb. Now that some time has passed and I've gotten caught up on things I am able to post here sometimes during the day.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just said it is a risk. I actually would hire a guy like kerr who worked in the front office of an nba team but lacked coaching experience over a college coach who never worked in the front office or coached in the league

I remember the failure rate for college coaches making in the NBA used to be really high. Haven't followed lately. I remember when the Warriors hired Mike Montgomery, a successful college coach, and that worked out badly

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the failure rate for college coaches making in the NBA used to be really high. Haven't followed lately. I remember when the Warriors hired Mike Montgomery, a successful college coach, and that worked out badly

Its not that its high, its the fact they even went back to Iowa state to replace a coach. What a train wreck that was. Thibbs should take a year or two off to collect the paycheck.

I hope Reinsdork holds Paxson responsible for this when it fails. He has chased him for two years.