• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls and Dubs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the standings, they aren't going to get any higher than 3rd seed, and that is pretty remote because they have to jump over 3 very good teams. Those teams are winning games too, and the runway is getting shorter.

It's possible of course but pretty unlikely. Then again, what's the point of being a fan if you don't root for/hope for/make a case for good things happening?

Who would you rather play. Clips,Houston,Portland and then San Antonio in round 2? Or clips,rockets,Portland and then OKC In round 2?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather play. Clips,Houston,Portland and then San Antonio in round 2? Or clips,rockets,Portland and then OKC In round 2?

That's a good question, basically it's who do they have a better shot with, SA or OKC?

If SA doesn't get healthy they probably have a little better shot with them, but then historically they just can't beat those guys.

It's kind of moot anyway, let's say they do win round 2 they will face the other one in round 3.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You base everything off 1 fucking game. Everyone is going to have off nights. This isn't 2k

Riiiight. Because I wasn't saying this BEFORE the game. Nor did I post metrics to support my take.

/sarcasm

Jackass.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiight. Because I wasn't saying this BEFORE the game. Nor did I post metrics to support my take.

/sarcasm

Jackass.

We shot almost below 30%. Defense was far from the problem. We are still giving up the same points per 100 possessions even before the game started. Offense dropped though from yesterday

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shot almost below 30%. Defense was far from the problem. We are still giving up the same points per 100 possessions even before the game started. Offense dropped though from yesterday

That's not the point. I'll spell it out, because you seem to have trouble following:

THE DEFENSE ISN'T ELITE. IT IS ATROCIOUS FAR TOO OFTEN TO BE ELITE.

^^^^^

That's the point. There's no question the W's are not an elite team (hint: look at their record). The issue under discussion is the defense. You keep clinging to the defensive efficiency stat as if it is the be-and-end-all of analysis.

My contention is that the standard deviation of the defensive effort is far too big to be elite. Overall, the stats for the season (i.e. the average) look good because it is generally a good defense...but the vacillations between great and awful are too frequent for an elite defense. A cursory view of the team should tell you that. Trust your eyes.

I hope that's clear, because posting with you feels like arguing with a six year old.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the point. I'll spell it out, because you seem to have trouble following:

^^^^^

That's the point. There's no question the W's are not an elite team (hint: look at their record). The issue under discussion is the defense. You keep clinging to the defensive efficiency stat as if it is the be-and-end-all of analysis.

My contention is that the standard deviation of the defensive effort is far too big to be elite. Overall, the stats for the season (i.e. the average) look good because it is generally a good defense...but the vacillations between great and awful are too frequent for an elite defense. A cursory view of the team should tell you that. Trust your eyes.

I hope that's clear, because posting with you feels like arguing with a six year old.

Wrong. Being 3rd in defense means they are elite. What are the bulls not elite either? Lol. Even the bulls have bad nights it happens

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^

THIS.

The Warriors are a very good defensive team...when they put a complete effort together. The difference between the Bulls and the Warriors defense is that even during a "bad" game for the Bulls, they still put together a pretty good defensive effort. The Warriors, when they're bad, it's flat out terrible.

Consistency is what sets apart the Elite.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Being 3rd in defense means they are elite. What are the bulls not elite either? Lol. Even the bulls have bad nights it happens

Ok, you're either mentally challenged or a teenager. I'm done with this; you don't want to engage in meaningful conversation.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS.

The Warriors are a very good defensive team...when they put a complete effort together. The difference between the Bulls and the Warriors defense is that even during a "bad" game for the Bulls, they still put together a pretty good defensive effort. The Warriors, when they're bad, it's flat out terrible.

Consistency is what sets apart the Elite.

Stats say they are "elite"

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you're either mentally challenged or a teenager. I'm done with this; you don't want to engage in meaningful conversation.

All I'm saying is you can't be great defensively all 82 games. He'll even the pacers get beat badly at times

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible this team is just not athletic enough to be "elite" on either side of the ball?

Curry gets double teamed, and nobody on offense could take advantage. On any given night, who on our offense is generally quicker than his opposition? Lee? I don't think the team is undisciplined; I just it's flawed.

We got ourselves an inconsistent, young, above average team (on most nights). I'm trying to accept that and enjoy the ride, but watching Iguadola and Thompson on offense is taking any and all fun out of watching this team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible this team is just not athletic enough to be "elite" on either side of the ball?

Curry gets double teamed, and nobody on offense could take advantage. On any given night, who on our offense is generally quicker than his opposition? Lee? I don't think the team is undisciplined; I just it's flawed.

We got ourselves an inconsistent, young, above average team (on most nights). I'm trying to accept that and enjoy the ride, but watching Iguadola and Thompson on offense is taking any and all fun out of watching this team.

Igoudala isn't Moving around like he did in the beggining I the year. Thompson has been playing well since the all star break now

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is you can't be great defensively all 82 games. He'll even the pacers get beat badly at times

Don't argue with that fool. He's what we in the business call a concern troll