• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Build your own superteam to beat the Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook
DWade
Ben Simmons
Anthony Davis
Steven Adams

Or

Westbrook
Monta
Ben Simmons
LeBron
Steven Adams

Either would smash

Zero shooting on either team = easy to defend

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ you. To build a team to beat the Warriors you should be able to spend the same amount. Here would be my team...

Westbrook (5)
Irving (4)
Leonard (5)
LeBron (7)
T. Thompson (1)
BUT...

As tlance stated, the budget kinda IS the point.

The roster you put together is a fantasy team. The Dubs roster is fo' reals.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT...

Yeah can't argue w/ that. Although that fantasy squad I put together would give the Warriors a run for their money.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years Dubs (assuming my points above are accurate)...

Steph - 6
Klay - 5
Green - 4
Barnes - 1
Bogut - 1

Total - 17

Cavs...

LeBron - 7
Irving - 4
Love - 3
Thompson - 1
Smith - 1

Total - 16

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT...

Yeah, I agree. I think the point is that a team shouldn't be able to put together the Warriors squad, but because of a series of events that played out perfectly (including Twolves drafting 2 point guards instead of Curry and the salary cap spiking during the summer of Durant), the Warriors were somehow able to put together this squad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clowns won't beat this:
  • C Rudy Gobert $2
  • PF LeBron James $7
  • SF Khris Middleton $2
  • SG Dwyane Wade $3
  • PG Brandon Knight $1
Just the right combination of shooters, playmakers, toughness, experience, and chemistry to take GS down...

Adams
Lebron
George
Bradley
Conley

Gobert >>>> Adams on defense and rebounding. Scoring...nah.
George >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Middleton
Bradley better defender than Wade at this point in Wade's career. Offense will take a hit but Bradley is much better shooter.
Conley > Knight. Better passer, better defender. Knight is a better scorer but Conley is more of a true point guard perfect bc they have Lebron and George.

Overall...mine is better :heh:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams
Lebron
George
Bradley
Conley

Gobert >>>> Adams on defense and rebounding. Scoring...nah.
George >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Middleton
Bradley better defender than Wade at this point in Wade's career. Offense will take a hit but Bradley is much better shooter.
Conley > Knight. Better passer, better defender. Knight is a better scorer but Conley is more of a true point guard perfect bc they have Lebron and George.

Overall...mine is better :heh:

Middleton and Knight = Better shooters than George and Conley...Plus they have played together in both Detroit amd Milwaukee = Chemistry. Even though I hate the Heat, James and Wade have played together as well. Don't really need a true PG because of the presence of those two...Gobert = Length and anchor on defense...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that what we are basically saying here is that if we were in a 2-team fantasy league, simply taking the Warriors current roster would be a rather competitive team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clowns won't beat this:
  • C Rudy Gobert $2
  • PF LeBron James $7
  • SF Khris Middleton $2
  • SG Dwyane Wade $3
  • PG Brandon Knight $1
Just the right combination of shooters, playmakers, toughness, experience, and chemistry to take GS down...

I like my lineup better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton and Knight = Better shooters than George and Conley...Plus they have played together in both Detroit amd Milwaukee = Chemistry. Even though I hate the Heat, James and Wade have played together as well. Don't really need a true PG because of the presence of those two...Gobert = Length and anchor on defense...

But IMO a true PG can help. Knight is a very good player but he just isn't a winner IMO if that makes sense. He doesn't have the playoff experience Conley does. Middleton doesn't either, he is young and has potential but George and Bradley are both great defenders along with Lebron. Bradley can shoot and George still shoots the 3 ball at a 37% clip and his all-around game is much better. If this is a younger Wade, I will take them all day but would still take a different PG than Knight.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen broke and hungry, Shaq - will play nose tackle-he's beefed up for it, Dikembe Mutumbo - got the not in here finger wiggle going on still, Michael Jordan- the crying meme version who still can't hit a curve ball, and Isiah Thomas because those old Piston's teams played defense back then I'm told. Coached by Don Shula who had that perfect season that they still toast to every year after the last undefeated team gets beat. What you have is a hodgepodge of old guys who want to badmouth the new Warrior's team every chance they get and yes they will smoke their ass or so I'm told. Total cost of the team $9.99 , which is a bargain and only found during a Kmart blue light special.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But IMO a true PG can help. Knight is a very good player but he just isn't a winner IMO if that makes sense. He doesn't have the playoff experience Conley does. Middleton doesn't either, he is young and has potential but George and Bradley are both great defenders along with Lebron. Bradley can shoot and George still shoots the 3 ball at a 37% clip and his all-around game is much better. If this is a younger Wade, I will take them all day but would still take a different PG than Knight.

I suppose I could see it, but I personally think Conley is overrated and got double his worth in FA...Knight has had some good games vs GS this year (even though the Suns suck) and would understand his role next to LeBron and Wade...Same goes for Middleton, as I question (even as a Pacers fan) how effective George can be if he's not a team's top scorer...Let's face it during his first three seasons in the league he was mostly a system player. And Gobert > Adams any way you spin it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I think the point is that a team shouldn't be able to put together the Warriors squad, but because of a series of events that played out perfectly (including Twolves drafting 2 point guards instead of Curry and the salary cap spiking during the summer of Durant), the Warriors were somehow able to put together this squad.

All great teams have a lot of luck involved in them happening. What if Jordan gets drafted by Houston, or more realistically Portland at #2? Does he have 6 rings as a Blazer? That's pretty much sports in a nutshell. Breaks and capitalizing on breaks.