• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Build your arena QC

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more people watched hockey at le colisee in QC last night (on tv) than attended the Stars Peyotes game in Glendale

QUEBEC CITY -- Hours before the broadcast of the Montreal Canadiens game against the Atlanta Thrashers on the big screens of Le Colisee in Quebec City Tuesday, hockey fans began gathering outside the arena for a tailgate party.

The 14,000 available tickets for the game, an idea conceived by a local radio station to further illustrate the city's passion for an NHL franchise, sold out within hours of their release to the public.

The Habs' game against Atlanta was chosen to be aired on the arena's big-screen TVs because the Thrashers are one of the franchises that could potentially be moved to Quebec, as well as to hype the former rivalry between the Quebec Nordiques and Canadiens.

Organizers of the 'Blue Match' pulled out all the stops; there was a tailgate party running throughout the afternoon, and the game was to be shown in high definition on four giant screens. Former Nordiques players were expected to be in attendance.

Tailgaters

Tailgaters began showing up outside the arena at 2 p.m.

"I will do anything to get the Nordiques to come back," superfan Jacques Graveline said. "We won't give up, and in my opinion, we will see (a Quebec franchise) here this fall."

Mathieu Blair said that while Tuesday's event wasn't going to secure a franchise for the city, it was a great way to get hockey fans together to celebrate the game.

"It's not a bad idea to keep Quebec City in the news," he said.

In all, it appears organizers want the event to receive as much attention as possible.

"It's to show the NHL that Quebec City is the hockey city in North America," said Martin Anjou, adding that the city deserved a franchise to replace the Nordiques. "Whether you are a Nordiques, Thrashers or Canadiens fan, it's no problem. What we want is for people to come."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sakicnord.jpg

DO IT!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy (the politician) is promising federal funds if elected. I do like the Libs RESP plan for students.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm no fan of Harper either and Jack Layton scares me, in all honesty, Harper is probably the best choice from a rotten bunch.

thats the crappy part. I agree. I vote for the one that scares me least and doesnt make want to vomit as much. with harper Im over the toilet at least for half a day. they others are a good day or more