• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo Sabres at Los Angeles Kings 11/7/13 | 10:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rqycl24g5jh1i6ek9ab0.jpeg
vs.
third_jersey_logo.jpg

at

staplescenter_0.jpg

Game Time: 10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST - FS-West​

SABRES (3-13-1) at KINGS (9-6-0)

TV: MSG-B, BELL TV, FS-W

Last 10: Buffalo 3-7-0; Los Angeles 6-4-0

Season series: This is the first of two meetings, with the second coming in Buffalo on Nov. 12. The Buffalo Sabres and Los Angeles Kings rarely face one another -- the most recent meeting came more than two seasons ago -- though the Sabres are 3-0-1 against the Kings since the 2008-09 season.

Big story: One of these teams is coming off a loss, and the other a win. Can you guess which is which? The answer may surprise you.

The Sabres won their third game of the season on Tuesday night, a back-and-forth, shootout affair with the San Jose Sharks at the SAP Center, to start a three-game California road trip. The Kings have been off since Saturday, when their comeback bid against the Nashville Predators came up short in a 4-3 defeat.

Kings defenseman Robyn Regehr will face his former team for the first time since Buffalo traded him to Los Angeles on April 1, 2013, for two second-round draft picks.

Team scope:

Sabres: Too often this season, the youthful Sabres have played well but responded poorly when the opposition capitalizes. Against San Jose on Tuesday, the Sabres weren't perfect, conceding first and ultimately allowing four goals on 51 shots, but Buffalo responded positively to every setback. When San Jose scored a late equalizer, the Sabres kept battling through overtime and Cody Hodgson sealed it in the shootout.

"We just wanted to play hockey, play a good, solid [game], the way we want to play. Don't get down on ourselves because, yeah there were some mistakes out there from our side, but don't get down after that. What do we do after the mistakes are made?" veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder said. "And I thought that was the biggest step in my eyes -- to see what we did after the mistake and I thought we did it like nothing happened and we stood up for ourselves."

Kings: Los Angeles is looking to rebound after suffering its third loss in eight games at Staples Center on Saturday. Despite outshooting the Predators 38-17, the Kings lacked a killer instinct around the net. That is perhaps a symptom of skating for the first time this season without center Jeff Carter, who is on injured reserve with a lower-body injury. Tyler Toffoli started his first game of the season in his place, taking five shots and assisting on Mike Richards' third-period goal in 19:23 of ice time.

Jonathan Quick conceded four goals on 17 shots, and Los Angeles’ slumping penalty kill allowed two goals.

Who's hot: Hodgson has a goal and two assists over his past two games for the Sabres. … Anze Kopitar has 10 points (three goals, seven assists) over his past 10 games for the Kings. Kopitar has two goals and six assists in five career games against the Sabres.

Injury report: Buffalo defenseman Mike Weber (upper body) is on injured reserve. Left wing John Scott is serving a suspension. … In addition to Carter, Kings center Jarret Stoll (upper body) is questionable.

Buffalo Sabres at Los Angeles Kings - 11/07/2013

Last edited by a moderator:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was hoping for Hawaii time.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Quick is awake in time
He sometimes has a down game after a long break
And the team sometimes plays down to their opponent

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Quick is awake in time
He sometimes has a down game after a long break
And the team sometimes plays down to their opponent

I think he will be great tonight - Darryl Sutter has said when he gets more practice time, he is more sharp going into games

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Kings get physical & start checking the shit out of teams like they did 2 years ago in the playoffs winning the cup...(WAKE UP GUYS)

GO KINGS GO :yahoo:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Kings get physical & start checking the shit out of teams like they did 2 years ago in the playoffs winning the cup...(WAKE UP GUYS)

GO KINGS GO :yahoo:

This - plus playing smart and staying out of the box!

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I'm basically screwed from ever watching a game live because I work nights now. Luckily I'll just make sure I don't check ESPN and will watch the game when I get home around 7am tomorrow

Go Kings Go!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I'm basically screwed from ever watching a game live because I work nights now. Luckily I'll just make sure I don't check ESPN and will watch the game when I get home around 7am tomorrow

Go Kings Go!

I don't know if you'll be able to do it without being caught but you could get NHL GameCenter live for your phone and watch games from there - not sure if you want to shell out money for that but that's always an option

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linden Vey will make his National Hockey League debut against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at STAPLES Center. Time TBD

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you'll be able to do it without being caught but you could get NHL GameCenter live for your phone and watch games from there - not sure if you want to shell out money for that but that's always an option

I already have gamecenter, which is how I'll watch the game when I get home tomorrow morning. And despite being probably the youngest person here (23, I'll be 24 next month) I'm one of the few people who has yet to convert to a smart phone. Hopefully that will change within the next few months.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have gamecenter, which is how I'll watch the game when I get home tomorrow morning. And despite being probably the youngest person here (23, I'll be 24 next month) I'm one of the few people who has yet to convert to a smart phone. Hopefully that will change within the next few months.

I'm 19, will be 20 in about 4 1/2 months :) So I'm the youngest on here probably lol

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Projected Lines

Dustin Brown – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Dwight King – Mike Richards – Tyler Toffoli
Daniel Carcillo – Trevor Lewis – Matt Frattin
Kyle Clifford – Linden Vey – Jordan Nolan

Jake Muzzin – Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr – Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell – Alec Martinez

Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

Buffalo Projected Lines

Matt Moulson – Cody Hodgson – Tyler Ennis
Steve Ott – Marcus Foligno – Corey Tropp
Zemgus Girgensons – Johan Larsson – Brian Flynn
Ville Leino – Cody McCormick – Drew Stafford

Christian Ehrhoff – Mark Pysyk
Henrik Tallinder – Tyler Myers
Jamie McBain – Rasmus Ristolainen

Jhonas Enroth
Ryan Miller

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Kings Go!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linden Vey on the PK in his first NHL game - interesting

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Richards power play goal! Deflection from a Jake Muzzin shot - 1-0 Kings!!!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am lost.
Are the Kings allowed to be leading after one?
It had been so long since it has happened.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oxilator even has a smart phone, I took a pic of it the last time I saw him

we317p-wa-300.jpg

Get with the times, son.

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are fortunate to be up by 1. Sabres dictated a lot of that period, these hosers need to assert themselves and not let bottom feeders look like champs.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening on the radio tonight.
Seems like a lot of end rushes but no real control.
I will take a power play goal to end the first.