• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bud's Black Crown

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Bud spinoff product that I thought was ever worth half a damn was American Ale. Everything else they do isn't worth the time or investment. You'd think a billion dollar company like Inbev could find a good craft beer recipe to slap a Bud label on but apparently not.

I used to drink Bud Select but it kinda ran its course pretty quick with me.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drank another one with supper tonight.. it's actually pretty decent. might buy on occasion

I also can't do canned beer, fuck that nasty shit.. unless free

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not drink AB Inbev products for pretty obvious reasons. But to clear a few things up, AB Inbev has a craft label called Goose Island. From everything I have heard they make decent beer. They also have Shock Top, but from what I hear it is not good. Budweiser has never been at the head of inventing anything, more of the rapid responder type then over-promote until it sells. But to give them their due, they are good at it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the rest of the sixer of Black Crown...feeling pretty good right now. Tastes like a SA Boston Lager without the good Mittlefruh hops (even though lately, SABL has dropped off ALOT). Crystal/Caramel malt in this AB beer, so at least they are going outside the box a touch. Not terrible for a macro.

But even most SA has me bored lately. If it isn't hoppy, don't want it. The new SA IPL was decent though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not drink AB Inbev products for pretty obvious reasons. But to clear a few things up, AB Inbev has a craft label called Goose Island. From everything I have heard they make decent beer. They also have Shock Top, but from what I hear it is not good. Budweiser has never been at the head of inventing anything, more of the rapid responder type then over-promote until it sells. But to give them their due, they are good at it.

I think I have had shock top. Want to say it was a hefferveisen. Maybe I had something else, want to say it was a sun with a mohawk. clean taste, didn't linger or taste like I just licked a shoe like most of the big 3 (bud/miller/coors)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have had shock top. Want to say it was a hefferveisen. Maybe I had something else, want to say it was a sun with a mohawk. clean taste, didn't linger or taste like I just licked a shoe like most of the big 3 (bud/miller/coors)

There are 3 kindsa beers IMO...

Great or very good beers that taste exceptional, and catch you a fat buzz....
Usually purchased at $9-$15 a 4-6 pack.

Shit beer that tries to be good, but is overpriced and IMO is usually less than the next (Shock Top and Blue Moon falls in this category IMO). A laughable $6-$8 a sixer.

And then there is good ole American Lager/Maintenance beer that will get you tanked well for the price. Goes down easy, traditional..hey, just good ole beer. 4$-$6.

In a nutshell: if you want something good, spend an extra 2-3 bucks, If you want to get wrecked by Bud/Miller/Coors products, cool.

Anything in between that "tries" to be good...is shit.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
VT not sure I really agree with stuffing everything into price ranges, you could miss out on some good beer that way. And you could buy some bad stuff that way as well.

I would say if you like a style, then pretty much anything in that style would be pretty good to you regardless of cost. Sure the pricier beers may have better flavors or better mouthfeel, but in general if you like Belgian Whites, Blue Moon is going to be ok. If you like Abbey style then Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale is going to be ok. Probably not the best beer made in that style, but I would bet it wasn't the worst either.

To each his own though, I probably am not the best person to ask on the subject since my go to beer is the Beast.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer snobs always make me laugh. I'd love to see some of you guys' get all red-faced when you fail some blind taste tests. :lol: I'll take my "shit beer" all day long, put the savings in my back pocket, catch a righteous buzz just as quick as your foo-foo beer, drink you all under the table and be up at 6am the next morning bright eyed while you're rubbing your head and moaning about how your beer is better than mine.

BlackWidow

Black Widow
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drank another one with supper tonight.. it's actually pretty decent. might buy on occasion

Beer from a can always tastes like shit to me. BLEH! Bottles or nothing.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe I came off a little strong last night. I was buzzed up a little bit. Drink what you want..to each his own, but I won't buy Blue Moon, Shock Top, or some of the other knock off wannabe craft beers when I can spend an extra buck or two and get something infinitely better. Just my take.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer from a can always tastes like shit to me. BLEH! Bottles or nothing.

So if from now on all beer was in a can, you'd stop drinking beer?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll slap the shit outta you! You will like what I like bitch!

land shark sucks too.

I do not drink AB Inbev products for pretty obvious reasons. But to clear a few things up, AB Inbev has a craft label called Goose Island.

Ab owns about 33% of red hook too.

dales_pale_ale.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale's Pale Ale is fabulous. Oh wait, it's in a can. It tastes like shit. How absurd is that??? :scratch:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hellno:

Oskar Blues
21st Amendment
Maui Brewing

and many others beg to differ

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canned beer is superior in virtually every way to bottled beer. Canned beers are easier to control packaged airs (keeping oxygen out), and are impervious to being lightstruck, as light doesn't penetrate the can (lightstruck beers produce mercaptan, the chemical compound responsible for skunkiness).

Cans are much easier and safer for the brewers to deal with, and they take up less floor space due to their ability to be stacked.

The stigma that canned beer is inferior is founded largely on nonsense.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bought this today to try tonight

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canned beer is superior in virtually every way to bottled beer. Canned beers are easier to control packaged airs (keeping oxygen out), and are impervious to being lightstruck, as light doesn't penetrate the can (lightstruck beers produce mercaptan, the chemical compound responsible for skunkiness).

Cans are much easier and safer for the brewers to deal with, and they take up less floor space due to their ability to be stacked.

I heard it's just a mindset thing. Most people who drink out of a bottle feel classier or better about it and therefore it tricks their mind into thinking it tastes better
The only thing is canned beer is most likely to be cheaper such as bud, mhl, old mil...etc so it won't taste as good to some people.
I'll drink anything but Natty so it's w/e for me

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I probably would. Don't drink soft drinks out of a can either though.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canned beer sucks.