• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buddy Ryan is Dead at 82

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitzi is now going to ask you to provide photos as well as a DNA sample showing you knew someone that knew Buddy Ryan.
Shouldn't he take me out to dinner first?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever....I happen to think Landry never ran the score up on anybody and certainly never faked running out the clock with a big lead to throw a 50 yard TD pass.

I'll say this much....you & buddy ryan have much in common to me.
Move on king

Why didn't you challenge the poster who said the same thing as me. That's just something I assumed you forgot and why Buddy did it. Staubach and Dorset sold out their fellow players looking for equity. It was the right thing to do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't you challenge the poster who said the same thing as me. That's just something I assumed you forgot and why Buddy did it. Staubach and Dorset sold out their fellow players looking for equity. It was the right thing to do.
you quoted me...you always challenge the slightest thing and for being the king and all, you sure are wrong a lot.

1. Staubach sold out fellow players in 1987? What a load you remain!!
2. Danny White threw 3 passes in one 3rd QTR drive. That's all he played.
3. Dorsett had 4 rushes in that same 3rd QTR drive and sat on the sidelines the entire day
4. Dallas scored 3 1st QTR TD's and went up 21-0 playing scab against scab
5. Dallas didn't score a point in the 4th QTR
6. Ed Jones & Randy White played one qtr. Philly recorded 4 sacks of the Dallas QB while Dallas recorded 2

Yet...you & Buddy Ryan saw Landry running up the score. :kissass:

1987 was the second to last season for Landry. His last 3 seasons were losing records while the 20 years before that Dallas had winning records. 20 YEARS!! Landry had more class in his little finger than Buddy Ryan ever had and would never step to the level of a Buddy Ryan. You remain lost. Staubach? LOL

Lastly dip stick. The players that crossed the line did because of contractual stipulations that woulda cost them huge money for the times. The players in Dallas had no problem with their decisions but I'm sure labor towns like Philly did and many within the NFL players association. Big Deal....but bet your ass, Landry only played his guys to get back into playing shape for one drive and not the horse shit you spew here

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous post.
do a little research. Landry's stamp is still all over the NFL. Teams today would beg a team to line up in the 46 play after play.

Buddy was a good defensive football coach. He couldn't control himself...much like his kids. Buddy belongs no where near Tom Landry in any kinda comparison...hence the statement carry his jock strap

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't care if he did run up the score nor if Buddy used that as motivation. Never really remembered Staubach as a strike breaker. Dorsett sure, but it was more Montana, Gastineu, Howie Long and that stood out.
As for Landry running up the score. I am sure he did at times. I am sure just about every coach you can find a time he was up by like 4 scores late in the 4th and threw it at the goal line or something to get his stud receiver a 3rd score or something...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you quoted me...you always challenge the slightest thing and for being the king and all, you sure are wrong a lot.

1. Staubach sold out fellow players in 1987? What a load you remain!!
2. Danny White threw 3 passes in one 3rd QTR drive. That's all he played.
3. Dorsett had 4 rushes in that same 3rd QTR drive and sat on the sidelines the entire day
4. Dallas scored 3 1st QTR TD's and went up 21-0 playing scab against scab
5. Dallas didn't score a point in the 4th QTR
6. Ed Jones & Randy White played one qtr. Philly recorded 4 sacks of the Dallas QB while Dallas recorded 2

Yet...you & Buddy Ryan saw Landry running up the score. :kissass:

1987 was the second to last season for Landry. His last 3 seasons were losing records while the 20 years before that Dallas had winning records. 20 YEARS!! Landry had more class in his little finger than Buddy Ryan ever had and would never step to the level of a Buddy Ryan. You remain lost. Staubach? LOL

Lastly dip stick. The players that crossed the line did because of contractual stipulations that woulda cost them huge money for the times. The players in Dallas had no problem with their decisions but I'm sure labor towns like Philly did and many within the NFL players association. Big Deal....but bet your ass, Landry only played his guys to get back into playing shape for one drive and not the horse shit you spew here

While I did get the QB wrong Buddy was a players coach and taught the players a lesson for being sell outs.

Landry great career has nothing to do with Buddy being an incredible D coordinator. You bring up a list of points that have NOTHING to do with the topic. Yes Landry was a much better head coach but you said that Landry was much more of an impact on Defenses which is laughable. Every where he went he created elite D's including TWO of the top 10 greatest D's ever including the best ever.

And yes... Any player turning their backs for personal gain over the betterment of the entire league woulda been hated in Philly. In sure you're one of those guys who feel sorry for the Walmart Walton family because they have to pay a lot of taxes while they piss on their employees.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Landry running up the score. I am sure he did at times. I am sure just about every coach you can find a time he was up by like 4 scores late in the 4th and threw it at the goal line or something to get his stud receiver a 3rd score or something...
I don't recall Landry ever running up the score.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I did get the QB wrong Buddy was a players coach and taught the players a lesson for being sell outs.

Landry great career has nothing to do with Buddy being an incredible D coordinator. You bring up a list of points that have NOTHING to do with the topic. Yes Landry was a much better head coach but you said that Landry was much more of an impact on Defenses which is laughable. Every where he went he created elite D's including TWO of the top 10 greatest D's ever including the best ever.

And yes... Any player turning their backs for personal gain over the betterment of the entire league woulda been hated in Philly. In sure you're one of those guys who feel sorry for the Walmart Walton family because they have to pay a lot of taxes while they piss on their employees.
Must be why so many teams are using Ryans D as their base D, over Landrys

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I did get the QB wrong
by a mile
and...you were wrong about Dallas running up the score with regulars

No shock Landry would have his scabs better prepared than Ryan did his.
Buddy was petty and a sorry sack of shit as a person.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be why so many teams are using Ryans D as their base D, over Landrys

OK the guy who created TWO of the greatest D's ever... Including the best in the history of the league actually sucks.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by a mile
and...you were wrong about Dallas running up the score with regulars

No shock Landry would have his scabs better prepared than Ryan did his.
Buddy was petty and a sorry sack of shit as a person.

His players and the people who know him sure did love him. He was a pompous jerk... I agree. Can't post the link but I did find a list of the 25 greatest D minds ever and Landry was 2nd and Buddy was 4th so it sounds like others agree that he could hang with one of the greats in Landry. Seems pretty darn even to me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas ran 56 offensive plays in the Landry run up the score game, 31 of those were running plays. PE1 doesn't know what running up the score is.
DEFEND THE BRAND PE1.