• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: BUCS/PATS

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, which one of you fuckos introduced Bill Belichick to acid tonight.

You mean Steve....

It wasn't me....

I Promise Trust Me GIF by Dot Cromwell

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always good to see a slugfest.
On the Pats board early in the 4th, I said Mac would march them down for the game winning FG thus starting the next dynasty. Missed it by that much.

I think this kid will be ok. Three out of his first four he's done pretty well and teams are blitzing the hell out of him.

I think NE gets healthy next week and beats Houston. At least I hope.

They need to cut down on the turnovers and penalties. Very unBelichick like.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Pats board early in the 4th, I said Mac would march them down for the game winning FG thus starting the next dynasty. Missed it by that much.

I think this kid will be ok. Three out of his first four he's done pretty well and teams are blitzing the hell out of him.

You did say exactly that and it so almost paid off...

Too many penalties and turn overs, you got that right. Still don't see why they had Stevenson healthy inactive... He could have easily fumbled just as badly as Taylor did

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 56 yard field goal in the rain was a long shot at best. They needed a 1st down and more importantly about 10 more yards.

The Patriots came to play and Mac Jones looks like a pretty decent QB for a rookie with 4 games under his belt.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 56 yard field goal in the rain was a long shot at best. They needed a 1st down and more importantly about 10 more yards.

The Patriots came to play and Mac Jones looks like a pretty decent QB for a rookie with 4 games under his belt.

5 more yards was my estimate.

No running game cost them.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did say exactly that and it so almost paid off...

Too many penalties and turn overs, you got that right. Still don't see why they had Stevenson healthy inactive... He could have easily fumbled just as badly as Taylor did

Mac just needs to get that ONE game winning drive behind him and he'll be good. He's been close twice now and one resulted in a fumble by Harris and the 2nd ended with BB showing him no confidence by not letting him go for it on 4th down.

Even if Folk makes the 3 pointer is there anybody thinking Brady wasn't going to get the Bucs into FG range for the win?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac just needs to get that ONE game winning drive behind him and he'll be good. He's been close twice now and one resulted in a fumble by Harris and the 2nd ended with BB showing him no confidence by not letting him go for it on 4th down.

Even if Folk makes the 3 pointer is there anybody thinking Brady wasn't going to get the Bucs into FG range for the win?

That's why going for it was a good idea.

More time off clock, etc.

Dallas left him too much time in week 1 as well.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had the distance with probably 5 yards to spare, he just pulled it a bit and that's all she wrote.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had the distance with probably 5 yards to spare, he just pulled it a bit and that's all she wrote.

Still need Mac to go for it on 4th down....

Rex - The wind was pushing it to the left as well

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need Mac to go for it on 4th down....

Rex - The wind was pushing it to the left as well
Loving all the armchair HCs second guessing BBs decision to go for it.

I like that he went for it. It doesn't mean he doesn't have confidence in the kid. It's not like he was asking Folk to kick it from 70 yards away and set the record.

Worse odds are it was a 50/50 chance whether to kick it or go for it. If the go for it and the kid gets sacked or throws a pic we have even more cannon fodder. Not to mention what that could possibly do to Mac's psyche? Now the kid knows he can put his team into position to win a game even in bad elements.

Our D was playing well. I think with the 50 or so seconds left Brady doesn't put them into a position to win. But we'll never know.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that he went for it. It doesn't mean he doesn't have confidence in the kid. It's not like he was asking Folk to kick it from 70 yards away and set the record.

My argument at the time was that even if Folk got it that still gave Brady nearly a minute to get him team in FG position, something we all know there was a very good chance of happening.

If the Pats get the 1st down instead they could've milked the clock and then tried from hopefully closer range.

But BB made his decision so it is what it is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument at the time was that even if Folk got it that still gave Brady nearly a minute to get him team in FG position, something we all know there was a very good chance of happening.

If the Pats get the 1st down instead they could've milked the clock and then tried from hopefully closer range.

But BB made his decision so it is what it is.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. There is no guarentee we get the 1st down. We had -1 yard rushing. So Tampa knows we are throwing it. We have an immobile QB who just had a ball batted down. They would pin their ears back and get after him like they did all game. Even though Mac played fabulous the ball could've slipped out of his or the intended receivers hands?

The FG attempt at least gave them a sure chance at a possible win.

The D had played well. TB wasn't that accurate in the rain. I liked our chances of stopping them had we made it. Oh well we're onto Houston.

No one is wrong for their opinion. They're wrong if they say BBs decision was wrong.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. There is no guarentee we get the 1st down. We had -1 yard rushing. So Tampa knows we are throwing it. We have an immobile QB who just had a ball batted down. They would pin their ears back and get after him like they did all game. Even though Mac played fabulous the ball could've slipped out of his or the intended receivers hands?

The FG attempt at least gave them a sure chance at a possible win.

The D had played well. TB wasn't that accurate in the rain. I liked our chances of stopping them had we made it. Oh well we're onto Houston.

No one is wrong for their opinion. They're wrong if they say BBs decision was wrong.
Caitlyn's nephew?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would you kick that? 56 in the rain and the guy has a bit of a bum leg?

Who would you rather lay the blame on, the kicker, the coach or the rookie QB?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather lay the blame on, the kicker, the coach or the rookie QB?
In this order:
Coach= he can handle the critisim deserved or not
Kicker= he's a vet
QB= rookie, he's the last who needs to hear it.

They practice before the game. Coach and kicker know how far he's kicking them in either direction. The "bum" leg wasn't a problem. He wasn't on the injury report or IR. It was something for Collingsworth to talk about. The kick had plenty of distance.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this order:
Coach= he can handle the critisim deserved or not
Kicker= he's a vet
QB= rookie, he's the last who needs to hear it.

They practice before the game. Coach and kicker know how far he's kicking them in either direction. The "bum" leg wasn't a problem. He wasn't on the injury report or IR. It was something for Collingsworth to talk about. The kick had plenty of distance.

It had enough leg. I think the decision was he didn't want to expose Jones to the criticism if the try on 4td down failed. Too many idiots would then point to "well, he's no Brady" and that comparison isn't correct. He didn't want to put his rookie QB in that situation so he sent out his kicker...that's just my opinion. Jones had done very well up to that point and his confidence is growing, that game isn't worth getting him crucified. So he'll take the blame along with his kicker

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worse odds are it was a 50/50 chance whether to kick it or go for it. If the go for it and the kid gets sacked or throws a pic we have even more cannon fodder. Not to mention what that could possibly do to Mac's psyche? Now the kid knows he can put his team into position to win a game even in bad elements.

Our D was playing well. I think with the 50 or so seconds left Brady doesn't put them into a position to win. But we'll never know.

I just didn't like decision based solely on the wind,rain and distance.. Did it mean Mac would have gotten the 1st down, absolutely not. Just didn't think all those factors were in favor of kicking it... He just missed but I think the rain certainly pushed it left... Now if they had gone for it they probably would have ran it and most likely fumbled and we'd all be pissed but I just don't like the decision, doesn't make me an armchair HC just my opinion