• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BSU moves to.....

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BE?
Bchampy......so is that a sufficient enough link for you to stop whining that BSU isn't even trying to get in to an AQ conference?

Big East ready to go after Boise State? - The Boston Globe College Sports Blog - Boston.com

< Back to front page Text size – +
Big East ready to go after Boise State?
Print | Comments (0) Posted by Mark Blaudschun, Globe Staff October 9, 2011 06:12 PM

ShareThis139

The Big East is apparently ready to make one final push to keep its embattled football league together. With the defections of Syracuse and Pittsburgh to the Atlantic Coast Conference, with TCU, who had been scheduled to join the league next season as a full member moving to the Big 12,and with Louisville apparently ready to join the Horned Frogs in moving to the Big 12, the Big East options seemed limited.
But that may change. According to sources in the Big East, the conference is looking at a plan which will invite Navy, Air Force and Boise State into the league as members in football only as well as Temple and Central Florida as members in all sports. The possibility of adding Villanova as the 12th team in football is also being discussed.
If Louisville chooses to stay in the Big East, the league would have 12 football members and could begin a conference championship game which would increase the value of any television contract the conference would receive.
Boise State, which has become a perennial Top 5 team in the past several years is the key element. If the Broncos, who would explore the possibility of joining another conference such as the Missouri Valley Conference or the Western Athletic Conference in all other sports, came to the Big East, they would also bring much needed BCS points which are necessary for the Big East to maintain its status as a BCS bowl.
The key to this for the Big East is Boise, which could bring significant television dollars in a new contract as well as BCS points and the prestige of a team which could compete for the national championship.
The key for Boise and for Air Force would be to find a place for the other sports besides football. One place could very well be the Western Athletic Conference. "We've had discussions with Air Force about joining in all sports but football,'' said WAC commissioner Karl Benson this afternoon. "And we would certainly be willing to talk to Boise State about the same arrangement.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why they don't attempt to join the Pac,Big12 or 10 at all.

And they need to rename some of the conferences too. TCU isn't even in the East

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why they don't attempt to join the Pac,Big12 or 10 at all.

And they need to rename some of the conferences too. TCU isn't even in the East

We're trying with the Big12

Big 10 and Pac won't take our calls

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So finishing in the top five in two of the last five seasons, and only making the top five after the bowl in those seasons makes them "a perennial top five" team? Something tells me the author is just a Boise fan doing some wishful thinking.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BE?
Bchampy......so is that a sufficient enough link for you to stop whining that BSU isn't even trying to get in to an AQ conference?

Not trying to nitpick, but this link shows the BE is going after BSU, doesn't say anything about BSU making any effort.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to nitpick, but this link shows the BE is going after BSU, doesn't say anything about BSU making any effort.

You think they would be discussing it if there hadn't been mutual overtures?

Fine it doesn't SAY it but most folks can read between the lines.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I'm a little sick of the "Boise isn't even trying," argument. I'm not knocking anyone personally, but it really is just reaching. You have to want to hate Boise to actually make that statement. It does nothing good for your image to approach a conference and take rejection. The Pac 12 all but said it outright last year that they don't want Boise. You're better off waiting for someone to imply interest in you.

Or I guess you could go ahead and be the next Missouri. Their rep is doing great right now.

And are we so sure that anybody is moving, other than one more team to the SEC?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Big East holds together I would love this

I'd get to go to the games at Louisville and Cincinnati since both are within driving distance.

Bronco4evu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are just gonna use the Big East invite as a ploy to get into the Big 12.... like TCU... LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just gonna use the Big East invite as a ploy to get into the Big 12.... like TCU... LOL

I like the strategy.

it will work to perfection if Missouri goes to the SEC

because then the Big 12 will want Louisville and West Virginia but they might be inclined to stay for less travel if they know the Big East is safe.

or at least the Big 12 will be scared that will happen thus they grab us, Louisville, and West Virginia.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly does Boise offer to any conference?

number one, TV marketability

if we get in a AQ conference everyone's going to want to see how we do.

if Colorado continues to suck we could work our way into the Colorado market as well.

plus we're progressively making Boise a town where there's nothing but football, these teams are actually more marketable than the ones in big cities that have to compete with NFL teams.