• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BSU and Ole Miss....you're doing it wrong.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in fairness how long one needs at an airport really depends on the airport itself. For example, HNL is a small airport with fairly painless security, you can get by showing up 60-90 minutes before the flight. Can't really do the same at a LAX or a DTW.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the people from Boise are only going to fly out to Atlanta on Wednesday/Thursday, go to the game, and then head back to the airport on Friday?

Do you think there is a direct flight from Boise to Atlanta or do you think there is a connecting flight? United, Delta, American, and US Airways all have one connection.

Or do you think the people from Boise plan on making it cost effective by packing a suitcase, renting a car, going to the game, and going to the beach? Not to mention, isn't this upcoming weekend Labor Day Weekend?

How long do you think it takes to check in luggage? How long do you think it takes to return a car? Ever missed the rental car return at an airport you have never been too? Ever been lost trying to find an airport you have never been to? Do you think all travelers are highly experienced travelers? Have you ever driven in Atlanta during Rush Hour?

Best and Worst Days to Travel for Labor Day | Cheap Ticket Links

Top 10 Worst Travel Days | USA Today

Flying out of boise, we need to be there 1 hour early. The best flight I found was 7 1/2 hours travel time and about $500 one way. car rental is about $75 a day and hotel is $100 a day and food and so on. So it would be about $1500 for 1 person to go $2500 for wife and I. I just can not justify that for one game, when I can go to at least 3 away games for the same $2500. If I were only 5 hours away I'd say ROAD TRIP!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we can't have nice things.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitman stated it best. Every single season, we do a big bowl type game to open the season. This will be the first one I haven't done, but I will go to UConn and the USAF in Colo Springs. Most of us have to work for a living, and a Thursday game on the other side of the country is tough to work out with the boss, even if he or she is a Bronco fan. It means leaving Wed. to get there.

Boise will, once again, play from coast to coast and do 6 long road games. Name another top school that does anything close to that. Boise travels more in a year than most schools do in 5.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And this is why they don't give neutral site games to just anyone.

"That's actually true. This is really sad though. The last two neutral site games involving Boise drew 87K for VT and 74K for UGA in the Georgia Dome which has a capacity of 72K."

When Boise St was dominant they were a huge draw, but since they have really fallen off the last couple of years nobody cares about them anymore.