• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BS Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm waiting. You've been letting me down lately, by not expanding on this topic, and by not properly wishing Karl Malone a Happy Birthday yet this year.

I come here to find fun things to read, and yet I'm leaving unfulfilled lately.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting. You've been letting me down lately, by not expanding on this topic, and by not properly wishing Karl Malone a Happy Birthday yet this year.

I come here to find fun things to read, and yet I'm leaving unfulfilled lately.

You, you, you. Why is it always about you? Have you thought about how I feel? Just kidding.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, you, you. Why is it always about you? Have you thought about how I feel? Just kidding.

;)

Making a good post makes both of us feel better. Usually when you think something is a good post, I do too.

And I think the prompts I'm leaving should lead to good posts by you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the topic of "My Girl".

When it was in theaters, and we arrived at the theater, my family asked me if I wanted to see "My Girl" or the Oliver Stone movie "JFK". I had really wanted to see JFK more, but for some reason I said "My Girl". I think I didn't want seem to be too eager to see it? Maybe I was afraid that if I was too eager, that they wouldn't let me see it.

For those of you who don't know, my dad was very restrictive of what I could watch.

He didn't like profanity or violence.

For example, there was an argument that I was allowed to see the movie "The Client". I remember watching that movie rental, and my dad got mad at my sister for renting that for me. He didn't like how they showed a kid smoking, and said it would be a bad influence on me. I was in middle school.

He also didn't like violence in movies, and prevented me from seeing that as much as possible. The sad joke at the time was that my 4 year old cousin saw the movie "Speed", and said he saw an exciting movie with "no guns". But that I, much older than he, couldn't watch that.

Anyways, "My Girl" ended up being a good movie, but during the end, I kept thinking I wish I had seen JFK.

Because I had said "My Girl", my sister had to watch the movie with me (so I wouldn't be alone in the theater). While my parents saw JFK.

After we met outside of the theater after both movies were over, my dad said that JFK had too much profanity, and he was glad I hadn't seen it.

Several years later, I ended up seeing JFK during the Netflix 10 free rentals promo.

However, 4 - 5 years later, when I had the Netflix promo on my own account, I ended up renting JFK again. Throughout the first 30 - 40 minutes, I kept thinking this movie seemed familiar. Finally I realized that I must have already seen this movie. I just hadn't remembered.

I think it was one of those things that because I was so caught up with not being able to see it in the theater when it was a new release, I kept thinking that I had never seen the movie. I guess whenever I thought of the movie title, all I could think about was "I never saw it", even though I did during the initial 10 free promo from Netflix period.

It wasn't until I saw it the 2nd time, that I had to tell my brain that I had seen that movie, and not to associate it with not having seen it, anymore.

I do the same thing with TV shows. Whenever there was a show on syndication, but they would skip an episode here and there, I would get frustrated that an episode was skipped in order, and I would think about how that episode was skipped, until the series was reset from the series premiere again. Then when the show got back to that point, even if I saw the skipped episodes this time, sometimes I still wouldn't be sure if I really saw it (after a few months). This probably happened with Mad About You; Home Improvement; and Seinfeld. Those were a lot of shows that were in syndication that I'd watch daily, at some point, when I was young. Those 3 shows made 1.5 hours out of a 2 hour syndicated shows block. At some point in high school, I had stop watching that block, because even 1 hour of evening shows was taking too much time away from homework.

Both My Girl movies were good.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say she was " 'My Girl' when I was a kid".

Well, watching Grease frequently is still something outside of class.

I still haven't watched that entire movie. It was shown the day before winter break in P.E. in high school, but that's not enough time to watch the movie.

Well, if it was literally the day before winter break, then it only would have been a 1 hour P.E.

But if it was sometime during that week, and it was on a "block day" (Either 2 hour sessions of periods 1 and 3, or 2 and 4), then there could have been a chance to finish the movie, but by the time they start the movie and such, it's already too late to finish it in time.
Back to the topic of "My Girl".

When it was in theaters, and we arrived at the theater, my family asked me if I wanted to see "My Girl" or the Oliver Stone movie "JFK". I had really wanted to see JFK more, but for some reason I said "My Girl". I think I didn't want seem to be too eager to see it? Maybe I was afraid that if I was too eager, that they wouldn't let me see it.

For those of you who don't know, my dad was very restrictive of what I could watch.

He didn't like profanity or violence.

For example, there was an argument that I was allowed to see the movie "The Client". I remember watching that movie rental, and my dad got mad at my sister for renting that for me. He didn't like how they showed a kid smoking, and said it would be a bad influence on me. I was in middle school.

He also didn't like violence in movies, and prevented me from seeing that as much as possible. The sad joke at the time was that my 4 year old cousin saw the movie "Speed", and said he saw an exciting movie with "no guns". But that I, much older than he, couldn't watch that.

Anyways, "My Girl" ended up being a good movie, but during the end, I kept thinking I wish I had seen JFK.

Because I had said "My Girl", my sister had to watch the movie with me (so I wouldn't be alone in the theater). While my parents saw JFK.

After we met outside of the theater after both movies were over, my dad said that JFK had too much profanity, and he was glad I hadn't seen it.

Several years later, I ended up seeing JFK during the Netflix 10 free rentals promo.

However, 4 - 5 years later, when I had the Netflix promo on my own account, I ended up renting JFK again. Throughout the first 30 - 40 minutes, I kept thinking this movie seemed familiar. Finally I realized that I must have already seen this movie. I just hadn't remembered.

I think it was one of those things that because I was so caught up with not being able to see it in the theater when it was a new release, I kept thinking that I had never seen the movie. I guess whenever I thought of the movie title, all I could think about was "I never saw it", even though I did during the initial 10 free promo from Netflix period.

It wasn't until I saw it the 2nd time, that I had to tell my brain that I had seen that movie, and not to associate it with not having seen it, anymore.

I do the same thing with TV shows. Whenever there was a show on syndication, but they would skip an episode here and there, I would get frustrated that an episode was skipped in order, and I would think about how that episode was skipped, until the series was reset from the series premiere again. Then when the show got back to that point, even if I saw the skipped episodes this time, sometimes I still wouldn't be sure if I really saw it (after a few months). This probably happened with Mad About You; Home Improvement; and Seinfeld. Those were a lot of shows that were in syndication that I'd watch daily, at some point, when I was young. Those 3 shows made 1.5 hours out of a 2 hour syndicated shows block. At some point in high school, I had stop watching that block, because even 1 hour of evening shows was taking too much time away from homework.

Both My Girl movies were good.

I remember My Girl being the first movie that I realized what death was as something dramatic and final. I knew, of course, about death, my grandfather had passed away, I knew of other people's loved ones passing, but it wasn't an emotional finality until seeing that in theaters.

James Bond and other movies are ruined for me because I know the main character is going to make it for the series to continue. Syndicated shows aren't in order for me, except I get confused watching Friends out of order - well, not confused, but I have to remember whether
Rachel knew Ross liked her
at this point - if it is an early in the series show or whether
Rachel and Ross were together or fighting
(easy to tell once one shows up, but not clear). Frasier is the same way. I remembered
Niles and Daphne being together
but didn't realize how many, many episodes they had after
they got together
. I always thought it was a
series long angst and longing until the last season or so paying off
. Or in Mad About You,
Made you look ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you confirm which show each Spoiler is about? I don't want to click on a spoiler for a show I haven't seen yet.

Thank you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember My Girl being the first movie that I realized what death was as something dramatic and final. I knew, of course, about death, my grandfather had passed away, I knew of other people's loved ones passing, but it wasn't an emotional finality until seeing that in theaters.

James Bond and other movies are ruined for me because I know the main character is going to make it for the series to continue. Syndicated shows aren't in order for me, except I get confused watching Friends out of order - well, not confused, but I have to remember whether
Rachel knew Ross liked her
at this point - if it is an early in the series show or whether
Rachel and Ross were together or fighting
(easy to tell once one shows up, but not clear). Frasier is the same way. I remembered
Niles and Daphne being together
but didn't realize how many, many episodes they had after
they got together
. I always thought it was a
series long angst and longing until the last season or so paying off
. Or in Mad About You,
Made you look ;)

I might have been the same way.

I don't remember which happened first, my aunt's dog dying (being put to sleep because it displayed erratic behavior one day and ate a bunch of human food it shouldn't have), or me seeing My Girl.

Although, because the Gulf War happened a little before that, that's probably the first time I knew how final death was.

BTW, several people say Bambi was dramatic for them. I had heard about the movie, but didn't see it until high school. But from my perception, I didn't understand why people took it so hard, even with the things they said about the ending. Hearing about it didn't dramatically affect me.

There might have been some dog movie that did that too, but I don't remember if it really affected me, or if it was just other people I know saying how it affected them, and me remembering their conversations.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hosted a party one day and went to my grandpa's another day. That costume is similar to what I wore. My wife doesn't want to dress up much until my daughter is older. She wore an orange shirt with a pumpkin smile.

I know, it is a relief. It definitely was in question until I self-reported my hygiene habits. Sometimes, you can just tell when a poster never brushes his teeth. ;)

Your Halloween has expanded since then!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened in 2015?

I wish he was holding a kid too, because his wife is.

@MHSL82, have you thought about how you're going to have a great Halloween at do what he's doing with his family? Surely you have ambitions to have lots of great costumes just like he and his family, right?

Do you think they fight over who gets to be Batman?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a cool pic.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jacksonville Jaguarsfans don't have to wait until after games to eat a bologna and cheese sandwich like coach Doug Marrone.

The team is now selling Marrone's favorite meal throughout EverBank Field on game days, beginning with Sunday's game against Seattle. It's called the Marroney Bologna and it costs $6.

Bologna is not pronounced like it is spelled. Phonetically spelling Marroney sandwich "Marroney" is a wasted opportunity for it to be called the Marrone Bologna or Marrone Bologney sandwich.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bologna is not pronounced like it is spelled. Phonetically spelling Marroney sandwich "Marroney" is a wasted opportunity for it to be called the Marrone Bologna or Marrone Bologney sandwich.

They all seem similar to me. I'd pronounce it the same, no matter which of those ways it was spelled.

There's also a lot of times I don't like rhymes or alliteration. So, not having it is better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0jVIGeU.gif

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened in 2015?

I wish he was holding a kid too, because his wife is.

@MHSL82, have you thought about how you're going to have a great Halloween at do what he's doing with his family? Surely you have ambitions to have lots of great costumes just like he and his family, right?

Do you think they fight over who gets to be Batman?

I can't watch this video.

Let me know when you find out the answer for this year.

The Alex Smith Report: What Is Smith Being For Halloween?