• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BS Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife has a Chinese friend whose name is Yi Ting Pu (pronounced eating poo)... My wife said "I need to go poo" and then literally a few seconds later, Yi Ting Pu called... I said, "she must be hungry." Must be hard waiting for others for your nutrition.

I told you about my middle school teacher, Mr. Fagg. His daughter's name, no joke, is Gaylene, Gay for short.

Hopefully that family is successful and have name-calling resistant personalities.

I'm a little surprised your wife tells you when she needs to use the bathroom. I guess I thought that one would just walk in the bathroom's direction, and others would figure it out.

I know it's a courtesy to tell others that one will be unavailable for a while, because one needs to use the bathroom. But it's also one of those things that sometimes feels silly to need to verbalize, all the time, if one is an adult.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that family is successful and have name-calling resistant personalities.

I'm a little surprised your wife tells you when she needs to use the bathroom. I guess I thought that one would just walk in the bathroom's direction, and others would figure it out.

I know it's a courtesy to tell others that one will be unavailable for a while, because one needs to use the bathroom. But it's also one of those things that sometimes feels silly to need to verbalize, all the time, if one is an adult.

When you have kids and are married, courtesies go out the window. It's random - she doesn't tell me regularly nor does she ask me for permission. Also one takes longer than the other. So when we have to do things for kids, sometimes you have to know when they'll be back.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised at the explicit mention of "poo", as opposed to a more indirect "I'm going to be a while in there".

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also this scene from Friends.

+++++++++++++++++++

The One With The Cooking Class

[Scene: An Office Building, Chandler is on his interview.]

Chandler: …also I was the point person on my company’s transition from the KL-5 to GR-6 system.

The Interviewer: You must’ve had your hands full.

Chandler: That I did. That I did.

The Interviewer: So let’s talk a little bit about your duties.

Chandler: (nervous) My duties? (Trying not to crack a joke) All right.

The Interviewer: Now you’ll be heading a whole division, so you’ll have a lot of duties.

Chandler: (trying not to laugh) I see.

The Interviewer: But there’ll be perhaps 30 people under you so you can dump a certain amount on them.

Chandler: (really try not to laugh) Good to know.

The Interviewer: We can go into detail…

Chandler: No don’t I beg of you!

The Interviewer: All right then, we’ll have a definite answer for you on Monday, but I think I can say with some confidence, you’ll fit in well here.

Chandler: (relieved) Really?!

The Interviewer: Absolutely. (They walk to the door.) You can relax; you did great.

Chandler: Yeah I gotta say thank you, I was really nervous. Y’know I’ve been told I come on to strong, make to many jokes, and then it was really hard to sidestep that duty thing. (The interviewer doesn’t understand) Duties. (Still doesn’t.) Duties! (Still doesn’t.) Poo. (Still doesn’t.)

The Interviewer: Poo?

Chandler: Oh my God this doesn’t count! Okay? The interview was over, that was the real Chandler Bing in there, this is just some crazy guy out in the hall! Call security! There’s a crazy guy out in the hall!

The Interviewer: Poo?!

Chandler: I’ll look forward to your call. (Walks away.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nuraman00 - I'm not sure how much of this is natural versus playing to the camera, but I thought you'd enjoy what looks like their genuine enjoyment of performing together.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I'll try watching it this week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nuraman00 - I'm not sure how much of this is natural versus playing to the camera, but I thought you'd enjoy what looks like their genuine enjoyment of performing together.

Bump.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for sharing.

That was great.

You're right, they do look like they're having fun playing together.

And seeing a behind-the-scenes video with them seemingly recording the song, that provided a level of intimacy too. I haven't seen anything like this before.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Derek. The Bulls guy was never traded here. I swear I don't have a thing against Derek's, other than Fisher and that guy who stole my high school sweetheart. Just kidding, I didn't have a high school sweetheart. :cry:

Does anyone refer to a passionate girlfriend from after one's college years, also as a "sweetheart"? Or is it only for college and high school years?

I think middle school and grade school "significant others" are referred to as "crushes", rather than "sweethearts".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone refer to a passionate girlfriend from after one's college years, also as a "sweetheart"? Or is it only for college and high school years?

I think middle school and grade school "significant others" are referred to as "crushes", rather than "sweethearts".

I don't know, but I had somebody in kindergarten tell their mom that they met the man they were going to marry because I drew her a picture when she was sad. People were teasing her about something and so I felt that was the thing to do. I could've stuck up for her, but no, drawing a picture was the way to go. Just kidding, it wasn't bullying, it was just teasing. But she was sad about it. Her mom ended up being my babysitter for a little bit (neighbors).

I could guess on what she looks like now, but I feel like that's a little creepy to do. My daughter is that age and it wouldn't feel right. Of course, I wouldn't be thinking of her at that age but rather at an older age, but still.

That reminds me of a conversation I had and I think I might have even mentioned it here. That somebody was talking about having a daughter makes you change your mind on a lot of things. Like any perversion you had would change. Not that I'm a pervert, but I always thought that it didn't make sense for it to change. It wasn't like you were attracted to your daughter before she was born but then now that she is born you change. You either are attracted to somebody or you are not. And anyone that you imagine or are attracted to, hopefully are not related to you and are of age.

I could see somebody saying that they would treat somebody better because now they respect women or girls or whatever more. But the conversation was talking about attraction.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but I had somebody in kindergarten tell their mom that they met the man they were going to marry because I drew her a picture when she was sad. People were teasing her about something and so I felt that was the thing to do. I could've stuck up for her, but no, drawing a picture was the way to go. Just kidding, it wasn't bullying, it was just teasing. But she was sad about it. Her mom ended up being my babysitter for a little bit (neighbors).

I could guess on what she looks like now, but I feel like that's a little creepy to do. My daughter is that age and it wouldn't feel right. Of course, I wouldn't be thinking of her at that age but rather at an older age, but still.

That's a cool story of how a classmate that liked you, was also your neighbor!

And then you two continued to have a good relationship, and her mom babysat you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me of a conversation I had and I think I might have even mentioned it here. That somebody was talking about having a daughter makes you change your mind on a lot of things. Like any perversion you had would change. Not that I'm a pervert, but I always thought that it didn't make sense for it to change. It wasn't like you were attracted to your daughter before she was born but then now that she is born you change. You either are attracted to somebody or you are not. And anyone that you imagine or are attracted to, hopefully are not related to you and are of age.

I could see somebody saying that they would treat somebody better because now they respect women or girls or whatever more. But the conversation was talking about attraction.

Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard this conversation before.

But there have been other times, where I've thought that after having a daughter, they might be more careful about what words they use. Or I thought they would stop using those words. But then I see that they still use certain words (not necessarily around the daughter, but in general) that have to do with anatomy. Or another word that has to do with a sexual interaction but the female side of it is not held in as high regard as the male side.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you give a better guess / intuition to the questions in post #13?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you and this classmate / neighbor ever do anything outside of class?

Neighborhood party; general playing outside in the neighborhood; riding bikes; etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you and this classmate / neighbor ever do anything outside of class?

Neighborhood party; general playing outside in the neighborhood; riding bikes; etc.

No, we were 5 or 6 and I lived there until I was 8 or so. We watched Grease almost everyday. But that everyday span wasn't long. I'm totally imagining the My Girl movie. She looked a little like that child actress. No, I'm not calling her "My Girl" - that's not allowed. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we were 5 or 6 and I lived there until I was 8 or so. We watched Grease almost everyday. But that everyday span wasn't long. I'm totally imagining the My Girl movie. She looked a little like that child actress. No, I'm not calling her "My Girl" - that's not allowed. ;)

You could say she was " 'My Girl' when I was a kid".

Well, watching Grease frequently is still something outside of class.

I still haven't watched that entire movie. It was shown the day before winter break in P.E. in high school, but that's not enough time to watch the movie.

Well, if it was literally the day before winter break, then it only would have been a 1 hour P.E.

But if it was sometime during that week, and it was on a "block day" (Either 2 hour sessions of periods 1 and 3, or 2 and 4), then there could have been a chance to finish the movie, but by the time they start the movie and such, it's already too late to finish it in time.