• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzgalov...wine...dine...get him signed...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryzgalov...in town today...really lets get this done!!! after watching the bruins carry the cup...and thomas performance...its obvious what great goaltending can do...:lock1:him down!!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I just seen that on CSN too.

Yeah man... Let's get this fucking guy locked up asap!! :thumb:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Bryz is the one, just something about him doesn't sit right with me, but hey that's just me, I guess he can't be worse than what we have now.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still don't think Bryz is the one, just something about him doesn't sit right with me, but hey that's just me, I guess he can't be worse than what we have now.

Maybe that's because us Flyers fans can't mentally process actually having a top tier goalie on our team. Something HAS to be wrong if we get him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm with SF.. bryz wasn't tops on my list.. but really my big concern right now is what kind of contract he gets.. anything over 4 years and i'll be moderately annoyed.. anything over 6 mil and i'll be annoyed.. an NTC and i'll be annoyed

and from what i'm hearing, i'm going to be annoyed

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that the team won't have to be decimated in order to sign him. I have a feeling in a few years this team will be screwed with all of these long term, over 35 contracts. They better win now or else they are S.O.L.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm with SF.. bryz wasn't tops on my list.. but really my big concern right now is what kind of contract he gets.. anything over 4 years and i'll be moderately annoyed.. anything over 6 mil and i'll be annoyed.. an NTC and i'll be annoyed

and from what i'm hearing, i'm going to be annoyed

There is NO way we sign him without conceding one of these two. I'd personally rather give him more years to drop the cap hit -- we can always trade him 3-4 years down the road.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO way we sign him without conceding one of these two. I'd personally rather give him more years to drop the cap hit -- we can always trade him 3-4 years down the road.

ya i know, that's why i'll be annoyed with the contract.. i definitely think he's an upgrade, and i don't wanna be viewed as a sour puss with the flyers finally getting a legit goalie.. in other words, i'm glad we addressed the issue, but i would've preferred a different solution

now that we have him though, i would actually rather go with the higher hit and the fewer years.. i think the 'oh we can just trade him in a few years' has gotten a ton of teams, including the flyers, into trouble.. remember when everyone was clamoring for briere to be traded, but he wasn't movable cause his contract was too long and he wasn't playing up to it? what happens when they sign bryz to a 5.5 mil hit for 8 years (aka til he's 38) and he crumbles under the pressure in philly or because of his age after 2?

long term contracts are far too risky, and the flyers have far too many of them, to give bryz a long term contract.. the cap hit is the negotiable number to me, the contract length, if i were in charge, would be 3 years max

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to concede one of those or we wind up with the great playoff play Boosh can provide.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to concede one of those or we wind up with the great playoff play Boosh can provide.

now we do, i agree.. thats why i dont think trading for (giving him more power) the greediest goalie in free agency was the best route

now that that's the route homer went, i'll have to deal with a contract that will probably annoy me.. but then bryz have to opportunity to justify it

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now we do, i agree.. thats why i dont think trading for (giving him more power) the greediest goalie in free agency was the best route

now that that's the route homer went, i'll have to deal with a contract that will probably annoy me.. but then bryz have to opportunity to justify it

hold up on the greedy namecalling ha, i don't really know if we can judge him yet.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems you are all for this to happen, my question is what does he bring to the table that will take us over the top. It's hard to judge Goalies, IMO. Take Thomas for example, he had a great few years but was a choker in the playoffs until he got hot this year. He reminds me of Giguere and I think his career will head the same direction, but back to Bryz, I don't see his X factor so someone enlighten me.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems you are all for this to happen, my question is what does he bring to the table that will take us over the top. It's hard to judge Goalies, IMO. Take Thomas for example, he had a great few years but was a choker in the playoffs until he got hot this year. He reminds me of Giguere and I think his career will head the same direction, but back to Bryz, I don't see his X factor so someone enlighten me.

Well, he's an upgrade over any goalie we've had in a long time. We almost won the Cup without a good goalie. You don't think Bryz would have made a difference against Chicago last year?

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's an upgrade over any goalie we've had in a long time. We almost won the Cup without a good goalie. You don't think Bryz would have made a difference against Chicago last year?

Not to sure Bro, Maybe. It's hard to speculate cause for some reason the team responded to Leighton being in net. Not saying Bryz isn't an upgrade but I want elite not upgrade, I wanna know what his it factor is? Is not Vokoun a better upgrade than Bryz?