• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryz tweeting today

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up 4th? So in other words you are saying you are confident in Bryzy's play much like any QB that wears the ugly blue and gold jersey? J/K just got back from Ann Arbor yesterday very early morning. Good time and yes that stadium really is the "Shithouse."

hey Mall

No,you might have missed my other post.I am in the 98.7% of people who were very dissapointed with the season Bryz had.

Do I expect a big turnaround?Realistically,and with his past record,I do not see a top notch goalie-hope he proves me wrong.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Mall

No,you might have missed my other post.I am in the 98.7% of people who were very dissapointed with the season Bryz had.

Do I expect a big turnaround?Realistically,and with his past record,I do not see a top notch goalie-hope he proves me wrong.

Sorry 4th. That was sarcasm on my part which is why I threw a Michigan reference in there. :fencing:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying this because NJ plays in a system that can shutdown high octane offenses like Philly and Pitt. We were stuck in our zone majority of the time. NJ sent 2 guys in to forecheck and we turned the puck over as a result. We never had a chance to counter really. Anyway, Bryzy in that system would put up good numbers. Btodeur helped as well because he is a master of clearing the puck out.

Ilya Bryzgalov?s terrible turnover leads to goal by Devils? David Clarkson in Game 5 (VIDEO) | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

we have our own guy thats a master of clearing the puck out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus this whole thing started because i want him to stop tweeting and stop the dam puck and like 4th said with his past record i do not see a top nothch goalie until he proves me wrong

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus this whole thing started because i want him to stop tweeting and stop the dam puck and like 4th said with his past record i do not see a top nothch goalie until he proves me wrong

To put the whole goaltending issue into perspective.

When the team goes out and drafts a goalie with the #2 pick,what message is sent to the goalies that are already in their system.

1.Bryz is the go to guy,and the rest of you work it out for #2?
2.We still haven't got a number 1,and you all get to try out for the job?
3.Some of you are career minor leaguers,talk amongst yourselves?
4.Our goaltending coaches suck,but they're former Flyers so we like to keep them on board?
5.We really and truly believe "he" was the best player available with that pick?
IMO-that was a fuck up of epic proportions.
6.The caroussel of goalies that Snider insisted would end,can't because they bought all day tickets?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.Our goaltending coaches suck

This is the big one, to me. I can understand a guy not panning out, or people having bad years. But Flyer goaltending has been a question mark ever since Hextall, pretty much, and while I'm sure some of the several gazillion netminders we've had since then have exacerbated the problem, when you have that many different guys who all perform below expectations, it's probably best to look at the constants - like goaltender coaching.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the big one, to me. I can understand a guy not panning out, or people having bad years. But Flyer goaltending has been a question mark ever since Hextall, pretty much, and while I'm sure some of the several gazillion netminders we've had since then have exacerbated the problem, when you have that many different guys who all perform below expectations, it's probably best to look at the constants - like goaltender coaching.

I could definateley see this for a goalies consistency or a coach giving tips on better stamina for a long stretch of games but why would a goalie at a pro level have to coach a goalie to put his paddle down or close his 5 hole.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

apparently reese is widely regarded as one of the best in the league.. i've read that quite a few places.. i dont understand it at all considering some of the filth he's put out there.. but that's what they say

i bet bryz could've taken a full .5 off his GAA if he used his stick to cover the 5-hole when he went down into the butterfly.. he got better as time went on, but early in the season he was swiss cheese when he went down, that's what caused so many problems.. some of it was unlikely bounces and deflections, but that's why a goalie has to be in good position with no holes.. every slight deflection shouldn't end up in the back of your net

i thought he improved on his holiness emensely as the season went on.. the pitt series was 100% him losing focus.. because for stretches, he was phenominal in that series.. making highlight reel save after highlight reel save.. but with the way the offense was playing and the way the defense was not, his lack of focus resulted in a lot of goals against

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently reese is widely regarded as one of the best in the league.. i've read that quite a few places.. i dont understand it at all considering some of the filth he's put out there.. but that's what they say

i bet bryz could've taken a full .5 off his GAA if he used his stick to cover the 5-hole when he went down into the butterfly.. he got better as time went on, but early in the season he was swiss cheese when he went down, that's what caused so many problems.. some of it was unlikely bounces and deflections, but that's why a goalie has to be in good position with no holes.. every slight deflection shouldn't end up in the back of your net

i thought he improved on his holiness emensely as the season went on.. the pitt series was 100% him losing focus.. because for stretches, he was phenominal in that series.. making highlight reel save after highlight reel save.. but with the way the offense was playing and the way the defense was not,

his lack of focus resulted in a lot of goals against

Well said amigo!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with his focus intact how many of the 16 playoff teams do we have a better netminder than?

lundqvist
thomas
theodore
bryz
fleury
broduer
holtby
anderson

schneider
halakiott
smith
rinne
howard
niemi
quick
crawford

i'd say fluery, crawford, howard, and theodore for sure.. arguably, anderson, holtby (rookie on a hot streak? i say no, but you could argue this one), smith (hot streak?)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lundqvist
thomas
theodore
bryz
fleury
broduer
holtby
anderson

schneider
halakiott
smith
rinne
howard
niemi
quick
crawford

i'd say fluery, crawford, howard, and theodore for sure.. arguably, anderson, holtby (rookie on a hot streak? i say no, but you could argue this one), smith (hot streak?)

definately not good enough to warrant his contract and for us to expect to win the cup.