• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper update

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ones favorite douchebag continues to dazzle since his move up to AAA this season. Through 15 games, 65 PA, 6 BB, 13 K's, 0 HR, .220/.322/.614.

This great start is following his 37 game stint to finish out last year in AA where he went .256/.329/.724 with 26 K's in 147 PA's and 3 HR.

2011 and 2012 #1 prospect in the minors. yep

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate is strong in this one........

I love how people hate on the kid for being intense. Wow, gotta hate that.

a douchebag is still a douchebag, regardless of talent.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him a douchebag.....

Have you met him or just bought the story lines. Was it the kiss at the pitcher that the pitcher asked for by staring at the dugout after every one of his strikeouts that game? Was it the fact he refuses to sign autographs for any adults untli he has signed for every kid. Is it the fact that he is the first to the practice cages and last to leave the gym every day? Is it the fact he doesn't drink, and lives in a modest country house while driving his own pickup to the field every day?

Yeah, what a douche....

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because of that pose he did after hitting his 1st (or one of his 1st) minor league HR.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him a douchebag.....

Have you met him or just bought the story lines. Was it the kiss at the pitcher that the pitcher asked for by staring at the dugout after every one of his strikeouts that game? Was it the fact he refuses to sign autographs for any adults untli he has signed for every kid. Is it the fact that he is the first to the practice cages and last to leave the gym every day? Is it the fact he doesn't drink, and lives in a modest country house while driving his own pickup to the field every day?

Yeah, what a douche....

lol, are you at every game to see this? Its funny you try to bring up story lines, yet you are posting story lines yourself. I've seen the kid interviewed several times, ive seen his personality, and it all screams douchebag. But what do i know, you know his whole life and he is just an amazing kid.

But i tend to forget, you know how to judge ball players better than professional scouts.

One scout called him among the worst amateur players he's ever seen from a makeup standpoint, with top-of-the-scale arrogance, a disturbingly large sense of entitlement, and on-field behavior that includes taunting opponents.

"He's just a bad, bad guy," said one front-office official. "He's basically the anti-Joe Mauer."
Scouting report on Bryce Harper glows until it comes to attitude - Big League Stew - MLBBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Or maybe people whose job it is to write about sports
Yup, the kid is disliked even in his hometown. It’s really a shame too — Harper’s so good, I want to like him, but he makes it nearly impossible.
DC radio host Chad Dukes calls Bryce Harper a douchebag (Audio) | Larry Brown Sports

Maybe its his way of acting after he hits a home run. Like flipping the bat like he just did something no one has ever done, staring down the pitcher, and calling out the opposing dugout while rounding the bases.

There are quite a few other things. Try looking them up for yourself. There are plenty of examples.

so yea, what a douche.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow the beat writers for Hagerstown and Harrisburg and you will get a MUCH different story, is all I am saying.

and i'm sure writers in San Fran downplayed Bonds being a huge asshole.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts that knew they had no shot at him trashed the kid.....nice.

I will believe the guys who follow him and interact with him day in and day out.

lol

records_spinning.gif

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had a good Spring, would you have posted about it?

i started the thread before i pulled up his stats. i'm trying to get the baseball board moving because i love talking baseball

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have NCAA football players popping Cops in the face and getting busted for drugs this morning, but you choose to jump on an 18 year old for having a bad Spring. It is just shallow and pedantic.

ftfy. you have sports figures all over the world committing crimes everyday. get over it.

next time i make a thread ill ask you first if it is ok or is there something you are raging about so i can direct my attention there.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ftfy. you have sports figures all over the world committing crimes everyday. get over it.

next time i make a thread ill ask you first if it is ok or is there something you are raging about so i can direct my attention there.

Make any thread you want, but don't expect me not to defend the person you choose to trash.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make any thread you want, but don't expect me not to defend the person you choose to trash.

bring a non-homer viewpoint to defend people next time.

for your example of the way he was reported, Josh Hamilton was mentioned by everybody on the reds about how much he was loved when he was here. But, I had the chance to speak to 5 current and former reds who played with him, and they could not stop talking about what an asshole he was and how no one in the clubhouse liked him.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making his MLB debut tomorrow already.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debut at Dodgers. First at bat in second inning.
looks at strike 1, takes 2 close balls and hits a bouncer back to the pitcher.
0-1

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second at bat in top of 5th.
Lines first pitch curve foul. pops up to left field on 2-2 count.
0-2