• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper is mad he can't "express himself"; wants to brand and commercialize baseball

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you're good at baseball doesn't mean you're tough or not a bitch. Just ask your punk ass third baseman who acted like he wanted some of Kela and then hid behind the entire blue jays team n
You mean the AL MVP? He can eat a baby for all I care so long as he's providing 8 wins a year.

It's baseball. Toughness gets you no bonus points, no momentum change, it's not going to take out the opposing team's star player...what's the point here?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the AL MVP? He can eat a baby for all I care so long as he's providing 8 wins a year.

It's baseball. Toughness gets you no bonus points, no momentum change, it's not going to take out the opposing team's star player...what's the point here?

My point is, you've got two bitches on your team. No matter how good they are or how many times you post gifs of them, they're still bitches.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper's point is solid, though. Baseball's "unwritten rules" seem to be in place to suppress personality, which makes players less marketable, and thus the game less marketable. Expression on the field, endorsements for players, that kind of stuff is great for the league. It calls attention to it. It brings fans in.

And there's a big difference between expressing yourself with a bat flip or a pause after hitting a home run and expressing yourself by hitting a guy with a 90+ mph fastball. One of those is harmless, the other can end a career or even a life if it gets a guy in the wrong spot. Flipping a bat is awesome, it's having fun while playing a game. Beaning a guy is a legitimately dangerous brand of immaturity.

I want to see pitchers pumping their fists after strikeouts if they want to, and my God do I love the aesthetic of a bat flip. When guys stop taking that personally, the game gets so much more fun for everyone, including the fans. It's good for baseball.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, you've got two bitches on your team. No matter how good they are or how many times you post gifs of them, they're still bitches.

Oh noes! I iz having a big sad cuz you don't like them.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper's point is solid, though. Baseball's "unwritten rules" seem to be in place to suppress personality, which makes players less marketable, and thus the game less marketable. Expression on the field, endorsements for players, that kind of stuff is great for the league. It calls attention to it. It brings fans in.

And there's a big difference between expressing yourself with a bat flip or a pause after hitting a home run and expressing yourself by hitting a guy with a 90+ mph fastball. One of those is harmless, the other can end a career or even a life if it gets a guy in the wrong spot. Flipping a bat is awesome, it's having fun while playing a game. Beaning a guy is a legitimately dangerous brand of immaturity.

I want to see pitchers pumping their fists after strikeouts if they want to, and my God do I love the aesthetic of a bat flip. When guys stop taking that personally, the game gets so much more fun for everyone, including the fans. It's good for baseball.

TedThrowsBat.png
Ted hit his GM's housekeeper in the head with a bat after striking out!! That lady worked for Joe Cronin.