• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper is mad he can't "express himself"; wants to brand and commercialize baseball

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Endorsements, fashion — it’s something baseball doesn’t see,” he says. “In soccer, it’s Beckham or Ronaldo. In basketball, it’s Curry and LeBron. In football, it’s Cam. Football and basketball have such good fashion.

Baseball’s tired,” he says. “It’s a tired sport, because you can’t express yourself. You can’t do what people in other sports do. I’m not saying baseball is, you know, boring or anything like that, but it’s the excitement of the young guys who are coming into the game now who have flair. If that’s Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom or Manny Machado or Joc Pederson or Andrew McCutchen or Yasiel Puig — there’s so many guys in the game now who are so much fun."

He needs to star in one of those teen angst movies

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even have a vendetta against Harper because he's really good (I do actually have one- but only because he doesn't play for the Phillies) but I think this is down-right stupid. Brian Wilson and 2013's Red Sox' beards weren't "expressing themselves"? Cespedes showing up to ST in expensive cars isn't expressing himself? Francisco Rodriguez didn't express himself after converting a safe? What a bunch of bullshit

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper would be perfect for the Giants or Angels.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, exactly, does he want to be able to do that he currently can't do?

Dress like a kweer at pressers, like Cam Newton and Dwayne Wade do?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY CAN'T TODAY'S PLAYERS JUST TROT AROUND THE BASES LIKE REGGIE DID?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Bryce. So encumbered by societal norms.

tumblr_nqvwb2N76D1qgsza6o3_500.gif

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper would be perfect for the Giants or Angels.
"Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," [Sergio] Romo said. "I'm sorry, but just shut up."
Romo said that if Harper feels that strongly about his position, maybe he should consider a career change.
"I'm pretty sure if someone has enough money, he can find another job if this is really tired," he said.

:dhd:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That other douche Papelbon should choke his ass again, until he stops saying dumb shit

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I no longer loathe Cole Hamels is for plunking this queerbate.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Endorsements, fashion — it’s something baseball doesn’t see,” he says. “In soccer, it’s Beckham or Ronaldo. In basketball, it’s Curry and LeBron. In football, it’s Cam. Football and basketball have such good fashion.

Baseball’s tired,” he says. “It’s a tired sport, because you can’t express yourself. You can’t do what people in other sports do. I’m not saying baseball is, you know, boring or anything like that, but it’s the excitement of the young guys who are coming into the game now who have flair. If that’s Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom or Manny Machado or Joc Pederson or Andrew McCutchen or Yasiel Puig — there’s so many guys in the game now who are so much fun."

Did he miss the part where baseball is Trout and Harper?

I'm not aware that baseball has some kind of dress code that doesn't allow guys to dress as ridiculous as Cam, Dwight Howard or Russell Westbrook dress (because they're all technically dress clothes).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't put your foot in your mouth when you're the face of the game and you just won the MVP," [Sergio] Romo said. "I'm sorry, but just shut up."
Romo said that if Harper feels that strongly about his position, maybe he should consider a career change.
"I'm pretty sure if someone has enough money, he can find another job if this is really tired," he said.

:dhd:

Good to see Romo has zero reading comprehension skills.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Bryce. So encumbered by societal norms.

tumblr_nqvwb2N76D1qgsza6o3_500.gif

That is just bad. We all know who his role model is. Hair, physique style, tats and all. That's why I dislike him.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one of those fans who is completely against "baseball's unwritten rules." But then, isn't not being allowed to retaliate when you get shown up one of "baseball's unwritten rules" itself? I have no problem with Bautista flipping his bat. I also have no problem if he gets a 96 MPH fastball to his back this year from the Rangers.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. This guy is going to make a quarter billion dollars playing baseball for the next 10 or 15 years and he's bitching about "endorsements and fashion"? Sorry baseball is holding you back from being more of a celebrity--maybe start fucking Madonna or develop an alcohol problem and check into rehab and people will talk about you as more than just a baseball player.

edit---forget Madonna, start doing Cher (if she's still alive). That will get your name in the Enquirer