• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brush Piles

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you put out brush piles? If so, has anyone ever given you shit about it?

I had a dude cuss me out today for dropping brush "on his side" of the lake/pond. This is a 50 acre lake that I have been fishing for over 15 years and putting brush piles in it for that long too. This guy just moved in a couple years ago, isn't from around here, and is a complete asshole. Although I didn't think he was an asshole until today. I just thought he didn't want to be bothered. I can respect that. I'm not much for chit chat and small talk with strangers either.

Anyway, he saw me drop about 3 of the 12 Christmas trees I had and came running out in his yard yelling at me, "What the fuck are you doing?" "Don't put that shit in the lake." "Take that shit to your end of the lake," and he said a few other things but they didn't register. I was dumbfounded, trying to figure out why he had his panties in a bunch. Anyway, I stopped what I was doing, tried to explain it to him, but he wasn't having it and kept yelling over me. So, I apologized and told him that I didn't mean any harm and that I'd be on my way and I headed towards his yard to speak with him, but he scurried his ass in the house like a coward and stood at the window and watched me.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. Maybe it will keep me from stopping by his house and speaking to him face to face. No good could come of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you put out brush piles? If so, has anyone ever given yo shit about it?

Wuh....yeah.....I fish pretty hard for bass and old Christmas trees is a magnet.

Anyway, he saw me drop about 3 of the 12 Christmas trees I had and came running out in his yard yelling at me, "What the fuck are you doing?" "Don't put that shit in the lake." "Take that shit to your end of the lake," and he said a few other things but they didn't register..

I need a bit more info...is this a private lake or a gated community lake or a public lake?

Private...You have to suck up to the owner.

Gated Community....These come with rules usually published and often speak directly to this type of thing. Rules generally allow anything natural like trees, sometimes man made but non threatening like cinder blocks....but almost always don't allow contamination from things likes tires, metal and plastics.

Public....fuck em. If the conservationist don't have a rule against it, it's all good.

I was dumbfounded, trying to figure out why he had his panties in a bunch. Anyway, I stopped what I was doing, tried to explain it to him, but he wasn't having it and kept yelling over me. So, I apologized and told him that I didn't mean any harm and that I'd be on my way and I headed towards his yard to speak with him, but he scurried his ass in the house like a coward and stood at the window and watched me.

Great move and if the twat wasn't man enough to talk a bit about it, then you are dealing with a fheg. God knows where a guy like this goes, but it almost always involves the police or conservationist. The rules of the lake decide my next move.

Fucking guy sounds like a real dillweed.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. Maybe it will keep me from stopping by his house and speaking to him face to face. No good could come of that.

Yeah I get that. If there's no rule against it, tomorrow's boat load would be the remaining 9 trees and 24 more to add in. Make sure you sound the air horn good and loud so he doesn't miss much.

Natural wood provides so much habitat for bait fish that bring the bigger fish, that bring the monsters. I'm leaning toward telling this guy to fuck off. God gave us a middle finger for two reasons. Wettin up the cootch and telling assholes to fuck off.

As I see this...as a naturalist, you have an obligation. :suds:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a bit more info...is this a private lake or a gated community lake or a public lake?

Private...You have to suck up to the owner.

Gated Community....These come with rules usually published and often speak directly to this type of thing. Rules generally allow anything natural like trees, sometimes man made but non threatening like cinder blocks....but almost always don't allow contamination from things likes tires, metal and plastics.

Public....fuck em. If the conservationist don't have a rule against it, it's all good.

This is a private lake. There about 12 home owners on the lake. This asshat doesn't own the lake, he has about an acre of land on the lake.

Great move and if the twat wasn't man enough to talk a bit about it, then you are dealing with a fheg. God knows where a guy like this goes, but it almost always involves the police or conservationist. The rules of the lake decide my next move.

I fully expected the sheriff's department or DNR to show up, but I guess he didn't go that far. As far as the rules of the lake, there are none other than no gas powered motors.

If there's no rule against it, tomorrow's boat load would be the remaining 9 trees and 24 more to add in. Make sure you sound the air horn good and loud so he doesn't miss much.

Natural wood provides so much habitat for bait fish that bring the bigger fish, that bring the monsters. I'm leaning toward telling this guy to fuck off. God gave us a middle finger for two reasons. Wettin up the cootch and telling assholes to fuck off.
As I see this...as a naturalist, you have an obligation. :suds:

I'll probably just say fuck it and build another brush pile over on "my end" which is about 30 acres of it. And I swear if I catch this old mother fucker fishin' on one of my piles, I'm going to ram him with all 67 lbs of thrust my motorguide provides.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a private lake. There about 12 home owners on the lake. This asshat doesn't own the lake, he has about an acre of land on the lake.

I fully expected the sheriff's department or DNR to show up, but I guess he didn't go that far. As far as the rules of the lake, there are none other than no gas powered motors.

I'll probably just say fuck it and build another brush pile over on "my end" which is about 30 acres of it. And I swear if I catch this old mother fucker fishin' on one of my piles, I'm going to ram him with all 67 lbs of thrust my motorguide provides.
Ramming speed !!!!
He must not know anything about the fishes.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramming speed !!!!
He must not know anything about the fishes.

That's the only conclusion I could draw. Anyone that fishes would have loved to see it, because they know where they can find the crappie and they didn't have to do the work. And make no mistake, putting out brush piles is work. I spent about 3 days collecting trees, about 40 in all, and then another day or two gathering blocks to sink them, then loading them 8 at a time into a jon boat, that I haul behind my little boat, then picking the right spot and tying the block to the tree and pushing it off the jon boat. I'm so pissed off with this guy right now that I could chew nails and spit barb wire.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, you left out nose-picking!

Go get 'em Edisto!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him.

I wouldn't said shit, save for, "go fuck yourself!"

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christmas tree + milk jug + concrete = cash money

Sounds like the dude had a bad day or something. Why would someone get pissed? Just fish the dam brush pile.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd build a fucking barrier reef of trees right along his waterfront.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably do just what you did. Not having brush piles on his area isn't the end of the world.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have great restraint. I seriously would have laughed in his face and told em to fuck off.

In any case. Not sure about where you live but in my neck of the woods nobody owns the water. You have beach and frontal rights but the water is not owned by you. So basically he can go fuck himself. If you have questions contact the local game warden and see what they say.

Game warden says no problem with it than continue on. If the asshat pulls that shit again contact the game warden and he will get in trouble for harassment.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually put a few piles in our pond a few weeks ago. Similar layout to what you have Edisto but the pond isn't as big. No one said anything but I already thought out what I would say just in case. This way I keep my cool and hopefully can get "that other person" to calm down as well. Nothing happen but I think like a few others said he probably wasn't thinking fishing pile. Hopefully you guys cross paths again in positive setting and can hash it out.

-DUB-