• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins vs Flyers

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck happened today? I'm glad I had to work. I didn't miss much.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck happened today? I'm glad I had to work. I didn't miss much.

Hopefully just a game that happens at the end of a 7 game win streak, without G and Pronger I am not too worried. A game like this was bound to happen. It is not like we were playing the Isles afterall.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully just a game that happens at the end of a 7 game win streak, without G and Pronger I am not too worried. A game like this was bound to happen. It is not like we were playing the Isles afterall.

That's the spirit!!! It'll be a lot more fun when they play in the ECF. :thumb:

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry TD, thought you were just a spammer. If you are going to be a poster here, I am cool with it. :)

Bad fucking game. Kinda had to happen eventually though.

No problem.

Horrible game. But if you think of all the times under the Richards/Carter reign that they played that way, I think I'll hold judgement until Monday. Let's see what kind of fight they have.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board TD.
headbanger.gif

It's always cool to see more die hard Flyers fans joining up at the SportsHoopla.

Now....do me a favor and get rid of that spam to that other site or your stay here will be cut short.

Fair enough? Thanks man!

See you around bro..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team has been prone to stretches of lackluster defense and/or slow starts and they both killed us last night. It was a game really not even worth watching as we just didn't come to play from the very start and never got it going.

I feel like we could've had a chance at coming from behind if it weren't for the rash of penalties that hit (especially the total fluke five on three) and allowed Boston to pile on. To have it be 5-0 early in the second after three consecutive power play goals is just far too deflating to recover from.

Our boys were due for a serious letdown (after the injuries and win streak) and I'm sure the Bruins had revenge on their minds after we beat them in their home opener, plus we're not as good at home and they dominate on the road just like we do. Add that all up and you have a blowout.

The good news is that it's only one game. Sure, it's going to look awful statistically, but we're still tied for first in the conference with games in hand on Pitt and Florida, plus we own the wins tiebreaker handily against everyone. And as I stated before, we're 12-3-1 on the road (best in the Nhl) and just now entering a long road stretch, so I like our chances to rebound on this trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome to the board TD.
headbanger.gif

It's always cool to see more die hard Flyers fans joining up at the SportsHoopla.
Now....do me a favor and get rid of that spam to that other site or your stay here will be cut short.
Thanks.

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
. And as I stated before, we're 12-3-1 on the road (best in the Nhl) and just now entering a long road stretch, so I like our chances to rebound on this trip.

My guess is they go .500 up through mid-january unless 2 things happen. 1)there is a trade for a solid 1-4 dman and 2) bryz or bob start stealing a few games like a true #1 is supposed to do somethings. (see T. Thomas)

Might be time to let Bob keep playing if he's winning. See if he can get hot when they are needed most.

It will be interesting to see what this team is really made of post Richards/Carter.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the requesting to be friends feature? Anybody?

The owner of this web site "Ghost in the Machine" had the Friends - Reputation & Infraction programs installed to bring posters closer together. To make it more of a personal, family type of environment, to help keeps things honest and lively.

I think.. :noidea:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...Thanks for tightening up that problem man. Much appreciated.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they go .500 up through mid-january unless 2 things happen. 1)there is a trade for a solid 1-4 dman and 2) bryz or bob start stealing a few games like a true #1 is supposed to do somethings. (see T. Thomas)
Might be time to let Bob keep playing if he's winning. See if he can get hot when they are needed most.

It will be interesting to see what this team is really made of post Richards/Carter.

:thumb:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

lol, ummm did Bryz not win 6 of the 7 games of our latest winning streak?

FYI i'm the guy who will comment on every post that someone suggests that Bob is a better option than Bryz.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I'm the guy who will smack you in the head with a two by four if you think revolving goalies is the way to go again.

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, ummm did Bryz not win 6 of the 7 games of our latest winning streak?

FYI i'm the guy who will comment on every post that someone suggests that Bob is a better option than Bryz.

You did watch the games right?
Down 2-0 and then 3-0 in a few of those games?

With Pronger, Giroux, Courts.... all out, he can't be letting in 2/3 quick ones and expect them to come back.

And of those 6-7 games, which ones were a result of Bryz playing stellar?
(none).

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...and I'm the guy who will smack you in the head with a two by four if you think revolving goalies is the way to go again.

Win is a win. Play the hot goalie. Bryz had his starts to get him going. Didn't work. How many times has he been pulled now? Without looking I'd say 3?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You did watch the games right?
Down 2-0 and then 3-0 in a few of those games?

With Pronger, Giroux, Courts.... all out, he can't be letting in 2/3 quick ones and expect them to come back.

And of those 6-7 games, which ones were a result of Bryz playing stellar?
(none).

Win is a win. Play the hot goalie. Bryz had his starts to get him going. Didn't work. How many times has he been pulled now? Without looking I'd say 3?

this statement contradicts your remark that you made to me. yes it would be nice if he starts stealing games. but i don't think giving up on him this early is the answer. the guy is used to playing 60+ games a year, this back and forth shit is frustrating for me (as i have seen it now for 15+ years) as I bet it is for him. gotta let him get in the groove and take the good with the bad.