• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins send Dougie Hamilton to the flames

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, because the key to success = beating people up!

As a Leaf fan, it makes me very happy that your team's management seems to think the same way you do.

Being physical doesn't = beating people up.

Bruins management needed to clear some cap space and a remake the roster a bit. Moving an underwhelming 2nd pair defenseman who wanted 7.5 per didn't hurt that cause, eh?

Lucic's game had gone stale and either the B's staff didn't want him playing rough or he took it upon himself to be less physical, but either way he was not the wrecking ball he had been in the past..

We'll see what else they have up their sleeve when the UFA window opens. Hopefully a lot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being physical doesn't = beating people up.

Bruins management needed to clear some cap space and a remake the roster a bit. Moving an underwhelming 2nd pair defenseman who wanted 7.5 per didn't hurt that cause, eh?

Lucic's game had gone stale and either the B's staff didn't want him playing rough or he took it upon himself to be less physical, but either way he was not the wrecking ball he had been in the past..

We'll see what else they have up their sleeve when the UFA window opens. Hopefully a lot.
2nd pairing behind whom, exactly? Chara? Seidenberg?

No matter what you think of 21 year old draft bust Dougie Hamilton, the Bruins just blew a crater in their blue line that they can't fill in a UFA class that is highlighted by Mike Green, Andrej Sekera and Cody Franson.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt happen very often in sports, but whenever a team has back-to-back (or back-to-back-to-back) picks, they usually screw at least one of them up.

I think its human nature. Its hard to stick to the script if you have 3 picks in a row. Some part of the brain says "we have 3 picks, lets try something off the wall with one of them". Logically you should pick the first three names on your board. But something goes haywire and you feel like gambling with one of them. Or two of them. Its almost like with 3 in a row, one of the picks "doesnt matter".

Amateur psychology 101.

I thought they were gonna get at least two of Barzal, Konecny and Connor and knock it out of the park

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were gonna get at least two of Barzal, Konecny and Connor and knock it out of the park

They should have but I'm not complaining because the Flyers ended up with Travis Konecny

Boston should have traded down with one of those picks and gotten something else of significance or tried to move one of those picks for a legit young roster player that could help them right now

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew Dougie Hamilton would be traded, just to bad the Bruins reached on 14 & 15 with those picks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shamelessly stolen from another board (aside from the Sweeny spelling error, it's pretty durn good):

cUHmdE8.gif