• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bruins.....devils

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i made a post over at espn they were having the same debate about who to draft that was on here....just wanted to bring this up for those that think larrson hands down should be drafted.

the bruins have lost 3 games in the series and they only scored 2 goals in those 3 games. just like the devils playoff woes the defense is there...it might not be flashy but its there we arent getting blown out of playoff games 5-0 5-1 its just the goal scoring isnt there the clutch goal isnt there. you cant go into a game wondering if your going to score 1 goal let alone 2! just cant! and if the bruins lose this game 7 it will be because they couldnt squeeze 1 goal out in game 1 or game 5. this series should be over!

draft larrson it will fill a big hole but just not IMO the biggest hole on this club.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it helps 2 holes tho, solid d and adds a puck moving aspect to the back end. I agree d is not a true problem just there needs to be more mobility there. Larsson helps both imo

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This team has no problem playing overall defense and usually leading the league in fewest goals allowed, the problem is when they need to start going the other way .

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as vital as that breakout pass can be larrson isnt going to be out there 30mins a night. he isnt going to always be out there when kovalchuk/parise/tedenby are out there. that pass might be going to rod pelly just to dump it in. our powerplay was horrible last year and thats even getting a machine like kovalchuk. who knows maybe this year without mac it will be better. but 2 things about devils hockey that really never change/s 1.defense doesnt move the puck even with nieds it was very limited. 2. the powerplay is always awful. i dont see larrson fixing everything.

now you get a center up in the mix who will always for the most part be paired with either kovalchuk or parise making sure every shift out there they are at their most dangerous while being able to maybe score a few himself. devils dont have that....they do in a limited capacity with zajac.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the less I want Larrson. This team doesn't need studs on D, just guys that know their role and stick to the system. I'm not as big a fan of offensive defenseman as most. Sure they can look flashy but they can also be huge liabilities out there. I don't think Larrson will be around when we pick so this whole debate is probably for nothing.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its not the scoring or playing ability of a guy like Larsson its the ability to get the puck out of the zone and keep it in our possession as well. Like I said he's my first choice but if he's gone I fully expect couturier huberdeau or landeskog

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always just go with guys like Ken Klee, Niclas Havelid and Mike Mottau. Dear Lord!

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit i forgot about fucking ken klee :L

that dude made me bulimic

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck moving Dman would be great. I'm just not sure if we can pass on the chance to grab a young goal scoring stud. They do say that Dmen take longer to mature. That's why I feel we can grab one in a trade possibly down the line.