• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Stunned by Johnny Manziel

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf had a better chance of success in the NFL than Manziel.

The 5'10" trainwreck is in for a horrible introduction to real man's football.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"That's premature condemnation."

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but go out and play well first. It's a big, big, big jump from college to the NFL. Only a few players can step in and make an impact from the start. Prove it first, THEN you can go out and party. And when I say party, I mean within reason. The Cleveland Browns have a lot of money tied up in that young man.

I don't understand this. If he is going to win, he is going to win. The only thing that changes is peoples opinion of you. You can tell that Manziel just doesn't give a flip about what people think of him. As long as he has a job, and the people paying him aren't having an issue with it...who cares what everyone else thinks.

Yeah, I know there is a reporter with unnamed sources that claim that the org is fed up. If they were fed up they would act.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this. If he is going to win, he is going to win. The only thing that changes is peoples opinion of you. You can tell that Manziel just doesn't give a flip about what people think of him. As long as he has a job, and the people paying him aren't having an issue with it...who cares what everyone else thinks.

Yeah, I know there is a reporter with unnamed sources that claim that the org is fed up. If they were fed up they would act.
:agree:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Johnny promised them that he would stop partying so hard.

and maybe he has cut it back. And maybe this reporter is full of shit and filling space during a down time

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and attitudes like this is why he doesn't give a fuck. He knows that people that hate him will hate him no matter what. If he wins, he will get some fans back. But regardless of what he does before he finally gets a start, those that hate him will hate him.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would've thought a Longhorn fan would start a thread about Johnny Football. Color me stunned.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and attitudes like this is why he doesn't give a fuck. He knows that people that hate him will hate him no matter what. If he wins, he will get some fans back. But regardless of what he does before he finally gets a start, those that hate him will hate him.

I don't hate Manziel.

I just don't believe he has the ability, much less mental capacity to take the next step to be an NFL QB.

The last 2 years, he was must see college football.

There have been plenty of great college QBs that were way out of their league when they were on an NFL roster.

The mental aspect of an NFL QB is way beyond what this kid can handle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Manziel.

I just don't believe he has the ability, much less mental capacity to take the next step to be an NFL QB.

The last 2 years, he was must see college football.

There have been plenty of great college QBs that were way out of their league when they were on an NFL roster.

The mental aspect of an NFL QB is way beyond what this kid can handle.

Luckily we should get a chance to find out (and it ain't on my team). :suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love him or hate him (I'm pretty much ambivalent) it's going to be very interesting to see what happens.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe he has cut it back. And maybe this reporter is full of shit and filling space during a down time

we all know that writers are on par with used car salesmen, so you are probably right.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading some posts, Vince Young is dumb. Vince Young is bankrupt.

Vince Young was not a bust in the NFL. Vince Young was ROY and on the cover of Madden's NFL Football game in 2008.

Vince Young was just too private and embarrassed about certain things in his life. Which still are private, but there are reasons he did some of the stupid stuff he did with his money.

Vince Young's restaurant in Austin gets good reviews.

Vince Young did get a degree from Texas. BS in Applied Learning and Development, Youth and Community Studies. 120 credit hours needed.

Vince Young is employed as an Ambassador for the University of Texas. Which basically means he does nothing and gets paid by some booster. I have yet to find a description for an employee Ambassador position that is paid at the University of Texas, but I can find lots about student ambassadors.

There are lots of student ambassadors at Texas, of which none are paid.

http://www.utexas.edu/hr/forms/student_nonbenefits_eligible_emp_app.pdf

BTW, I was a student ambassador at the Colorado School of Mines. I was unpaid.

I also thought that Manziel would be a bust in the NFL. He is going to be intercepted a lot on those throw it up in the air and hope his receiver catches it throws he makes.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise here, I don't really have a problem with a cocky player, after he proves he can play....Johnny Football has a lot to prove....

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, Manziel doesn't give a flip, and that's the problem. Second, he doesn't have the job! He will have to earn it. These guys get their million dollar paychecks and then they go back to doing what they have always done. Third, apparently the Brown's organization does have an issue with it. He has a meeting with the head coach on Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ny-manziel-s--non-stop-antics--193415719.html

Look, I understand you're an Aggie and you are going to defend him a little. He was a great college football player, but these kind of antics have got to stop once these players get there million dollar checks. Manziel isn't the only one. I would say the same thing if he were a Longhorn. I applaud Charlie Strong for kicking those Longhorns off the team. Are we going to be a little worse as a football team, yes, but it's the right thing to do. I wish more coaches would do it. It would stop the problem right there and we wouldn't get to this point.

I can't wait to see what Stoops is going to do with his 5 star recruit if he's proven guilty of whatever it was he supposedly did. I bet he still plays in the first game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent read all the posts as I know what many are saying.

My take: anyone that is shocked by his antics needs to be removed from deep freeze and thawed out. He is an news story looking for a place to happen both on the field and off. He has talent, that much is for sure, but he also has arrogance and those two in combination will eventually begin to write checks his team, his ass, nor his bank account will be able to cash.

Right now he is seen as this brash kid with an attitude and a good deal of talent and he is all over the place partying with anyone and everyone. Just imagine if he starts to win in the NFL and the headlines start to speak of his enormous upside and talent, the downside will be the immense rise in his popularity and everyone wanting to be with JFF at an event. Think the Browns are shocked now, just wait and you will see it visibly on their faces in the coming months if the team wins and he is at the helm of that offense.

Personally though, i think the speed and size are going to be a big surprise for JFF and he will find this game at that level something he has to work at to be a star QB.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move this to the NFL forum. JFF is there probelm now.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Football Forum - Message Board - General Discussion
This thread belongs here^^^^
No. Wait. The teasips need something to spin...

That's BS and you know it. I'm not spinning anything. Manziel isn't the only one that says one thing to get drafted and does another. He's just an easy target because he flaunts it while he's doing it. Is it one reporter, yes, but there's been so much smoke coming from this issue. I'm old enough to know, in most cases, where there is smoke, there is fire.

I don't hate the guy, I'm just sick of this kind of behavior from these athletes. I'm married to an Aggie. I have the utmost respect for that university. Do I want to beat the hell out of you on the football field,yes, but I wish no harm to Texas ATM or their players. I only point this kind of behavior out because I'm sick of it. Again, he is an easy target because he flaunts it. He needs to grow up. If you think it's only Longhorns that are pointing this out and think its getting ridiculous, you are sadly mistaken. Look above!