• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns looking for new QB

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree it's to early to call JM a mistake.
Long road and it's up to him to give himself the best shot at being successful at this level.
Gotta have another season at the minimum.
I think Manziel has lost the confidence of his teammates and possibly the FO at this point. It's going to require a Herculean effort by Manziel to rectify this.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel has lost the confidence of his teammates and possibly the FO at this point. It's going to require a Herculean effort by Manziel to rectify this.
I'm not sure about teammates as a whole. I'm sure a few have an opinion, but it's Cleveland, that changes in a heartbeat with wins. Lost confidence IS the Cleveland FO. Pitch a tent over that circus.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about teammates as a whole. I'm sure a few have an opinion, but it's Cleveland, that changes in a heartbeat with wins. Lost confidence IS the Cleveland FO. Pitch a tent over that circus.

Hard to tell with Cleveland's FO. If they had their way, Teddy Bridgewater is the Browns QB. Their owner is essentially a much dumber version of Jerry Jones.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell with Cleveland's FO. If they had their way, Teddy Bridgewater is the Browns QB. Their owner is essentially a much dumber version of Jerry Jones.
Actually Jerry is a pretty darn good owner. It's the GM role that's been suspect.
Farmer ain't even Jerry the GM at this point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not to a man, but when you're call upon to play as a QB and you're not totally prepared mentally...the team picks up on it pretty quick...what the hell were you doing all this time? I can hear that being said in the locker room a lot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Jerry is a pretty darn good owner. It's the GM role that's been suspect.

JJ takes a lot of flak for his GM skills or lackthereof, but he has assembled a pretty good based of talent in the trenches to go along with the skill guys.

Farmer is shaky...even JJ didn't walk into the NFL thinking he was ready to pick players...I'm sure he watched the other JJ for awhile.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry if that came off wrong, I was referring to Haslam- the owner of the Browns. His meddling is Jerry Jonesesque so far, with less than mediocre results as a GM
And owner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Haslam as well...but Farmer is not off to a great start.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not to a man, but when you're call upon to play as a QB and you're not totally prepared mentally...the team picks up on it pretty quick...what the hell were you doing all this time? I can hear that being said in the locker room a lot.

I think some things change with his ass in rehab, I'm curious to see how he comes out afterwards, I think his problem last year was not knowing the playbook, ( again young guy partying every night) he's got a huge mountain to climb now cause of his foolish crap...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have a large amount of cap space right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took a run at Hoyer or tried to bring in a free agent QB if they cannot resign Hoyer.

What they need more than anything right now are receivers. Their crew last year was OK, but didn't consist of any real playmakers or anyone that could get good consistent separation. That forced a lot of check downs, which teams eventually adapted to defending.
Isn't Hoyer really angry at the Browns right now though? What are the odds he comes back even if the money is right?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Hoyer really angry at the Browns right now though? What are the odds he comes back even if the money is right?

He's stated publicly that Cleveland is at the top of his list of teams to play for still. I'm sure he wasn't too happy about them putting in Johnny towards the end of last year, but to be honest Hoyer wasn't exactly tearing things up at that point either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some things change with his ass in rehab, I'm curious to see how he comes out afterwards, I think his problem last year was not knowing the playbook, ( again young guy partying every night) he's got a huge mountain to climb now cause of his foolish crap...

Exactly...this was Brett Farve in ATL all over again...simply not taking the job serious enough. At least he had legit NFL talent to fall back on and survived...These 4 yrs are going to go by pretty quickly and he if he wants to get another NFL contract...JM needs to re-invent himself...fast.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-future-seeking-starting-qb-mike-pettine-says

"We had the same information everyone else in the league had," Pettine said. "It's easy to look back now and say, 'What did you miss?' You can interpret something a little bit differently now and it turns out to be a deeper-rooted thing than you thought."

And "Welcome Jay Cutler everyone".....It seems fairly apparent that Fox don't want Jay don't care Cutler there and Cleveland could do a trade....Just speculating, but it would not surprise me at all....:2cents: