• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Exploitng a Loophole to Work with Mariota?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this would mean that the Browns officially are in the running for MM now. Interesting. I sure hope he falls to #4 so the Raiders can have a bidding war between them, the Eagles and the Jets.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess it's only fair since EVERYONE exploits the Browns. :pound:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the rest of the NFL should be thinking "come on this is the Browns cut them a break." Plus I would say some other teams have done much worse things than this to get an advantage. I remember when the Patriots hired McDaniels as a consultant right before the playoffs when the Patriots were supposed to be playing his old team the Broncos. Can't say too much though in all of us Bronco fans were hoping we could do something similar in hiring Rex Ryan as a consultant for the playoffs to help out with the Patriots. To me I would say that is much worse as it is playoff football competing for Super Bowls where this is just working out with a kid for a few extra days before the combine. Really how much of an advantage is a few days with this kid as these teams will do their homework.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another young QB at the precipice of the abyss.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Good Lord.

Welp, it was a good run Marcus.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it shenanigans or tom foolery:noidea:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow do we really think he falls? My goodness the draft is a fickle beast! He was unanimous first overall pick all year, lived up to the hype by winning the heisman lead his team to a dismantling victory over the other top QB recruit...... only to lose to a far superior team in the NC and now were talking about him falling down the draft boards?? jeesh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow do we really think he falls? My goodness the draft is a fickle beast! He was unanimous first overall pick all year, lived up to the hype by winning the heisman lead his team to a dismantling victory over the other top QB recruit...... only to lose to a far superior team in the NC and now were talking about him falling down the draft boards?? jeesh

Last year Teddy Bridgewater was the unanimous 1st overall pick at the beginning of the off season. Look how far he fell. Geno Smith at one point was considered a top-5 pick at the beginning of the off season and he fell quickly. Da'Quan Bowers was the top choice in 2011 until news came out that his knee wasn't holding up as well as thought and he was lucky to go 2nd round. Vontaze Burfit and Manti Te'o were top-5 picks until off field issues became a huge concern. So this is not unheard of for a guy to start dropping some. This time of year players fly up and down draft boards.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he was ever a consensus pick. Jameis has about a third of the pool that now thinks he is the #1 QB in the draft. Both QB's have some pretty concerning red flags. Pretty bad QB class outside of these two, so they'll probably still go pretty early.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was ever a consensus pick. Jameis has about a third of the pool that now thinks he is the #1 QB in the draft. Both QB's have some pretty concerning red flags. Pretty bad QB class outside of these two, so they'll probably still go pretty early.

Tampa will grab Winston at 1, then load up on crab legs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here! They will still both go very high because this might be the worst QB class (although been a few bad ones lately other than the 2012 one). Mariota won't get out of the top-10 unless he has a horrible off season where some major red flags come about. I don't think though that he is the consensus #1 pick like he was a month ago as teams and analyst are realizing he is a project player. Winston at least played in a more pro style offense and plays more like a pro style quarterback where Mariota is going to have to learn most likely a whole new offense and a whole new style. He will still have some success because of his athleticism but athleticism only gets you so far in the NFL.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wpid-cleveland-browns-fans.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the shirt needs updating again:

browns-QBs.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really...just the way the draft is falling...#2 may still take him, but they have put it out there that they like Mett...(positioning for picks). #3 & 4 just drafted a QB and #5 spent a ton to get theirs

CLE probably has to jump the #6 spot to ensure getting a QB and I'm thinking WAS would be happy to move back and get extra picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Gowazzu02 I don't think anybody is talking about him falling out of the top-10. We are talking about him falling from #1 pick to maybe #7 at the worst. This is not some just crazy off the wall predicting this guy falling clear to the 4th round type thing. Right now he just isn't the unanimous #1 overall pick. In a month from now though he very well could be if he tests better than Winston and the red flags of Winston just scare everybody off. Pure talent alone though of how it translates to the NFL Winston looks like the safer bet of the two to actually pan out in the NFL. When you start adding the rest of it in though with the off the field stuff then it really becomes a toss up of which one should Tampa go with. I also think draft people are looking at the fact that Winston automatically brings a huge crowd from Florida to the games with him playing at Florida State. He already has his fans so making him the franchise face in Florida brings in big bucks for them as an organization.