• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown is going to Buffalo?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me there would be more options if he wasn't running his mouth nonstop for the last 2 months
He's pretty much fucked over all parties involved. I can't see anyone giving up anything substantial for him at this point.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No spank you.

Divas need not apply.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get off Twitter and get on something that's a bit more reliable.

NFL Network, Good Morning Football program is disectingmand examing this and Rappaport is still saying that it's within a crotch hair of being done. The hang up is whether or not AB will show up.

They evnhave the trade particulars which is that the Bills and Steelers will switch first round picks and the Bills will add a later round pick. If the Bills can get AB to agree to show up in Buffalo, this deal will be the first thing announced at 12:01 AM on Wednesday mroning.

Supposedly AB said he would not go to Detroit when the Lions and Steelers had a deal almost in place on Monday of this week. Here's a bit of truth for AB......The Rams, Patriots, Sainbts, Eagles and Chiefs cannot afford the cap hit so going to any of last years contenders is out of the question.

we shall see soon I guess:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown will not be traded to the Bills.
Bills GM Brandon Beane confirmed as much, stating the team "inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday...but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great a player as Antonio Brown is, [the Bills] have moved on and our focus is on free agency." The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac said Brown indicated late Thursday evening that he would not report to Buffalo if traded. Steelers GM Kevin Colbert initially claimed the All-Pro wideout would have no say in where the team trades him, but that doesn't appear to be true. At this rate Brown likely won't get traded by Friday's self-imposed deadline. Whatever the case, we'll never forget his two-hour tenure as a Buffalo Bill.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think in the end, he winds up going to San Francisco, but I think the package Pittsburgh could've gotten from them 24 hours ago is nicer than the one they'll end up having to settle for. Now that the entire league knows he will not report to a team if he doesn't want to, it's shot Pittsburgh's leverage to hell in any negotiations.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....even Brown is calling it 'fake news.'

Well, local beat writers are implying Brown had his agent tell the Bills he will not play there.

It may be fake news because Brown wanted it that way.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think in the end, he winds up going to San Francisco, but I think the package Pittsburgh could've gotten from them 24 hours ago is nicer than the one they'll end up having to settle for. Now that the entire league knows he will not report to a team if he doesn't want to, it's shot Pittsburgh's leverage to hell in any negotiations.

AND..his trade value has dropped like a rock. Seattle was supposedly very interested but I heard that Pete Carroll said yesterday that he's not worth the cost to any team if he can't put his ego in the trash. The problems would outweigh the talent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND..his trade value has dropped like a rock. Seattle was supposedly very interested but I heard that Pete Carroll said yesterday that he's not worth the cost to any team if he can't put his ego in the trash. The problems would outweigh the talent.
That's been the case all along with him. His inability to at least try and seem like he values team first is probably part of the reason he hasn't already been dealt. Pittsburgh has to come to the realization that despite his production, he's got potential be a cancer anywhere he goes, and he's also about to be 31 years old. I think a 3rd rounder at this point might be the best offer they'd get.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been the case all along with him. His inability to at least try and seem like he values team first is probably part of the reason he hasn't already been dealt. Pittsburgh has to come to the realization that despite his production, he's got potential be a cancer anywhere he goes, and he's also about to be 31 years old. I think a 3rd rounder at this point might be the best offer they'd get.
If that's the case, they need to keep him. They already paid him a massive amount of money up front for his next 3 years under contract.

Can't let players make dictates like this AND sabotage any chances to get fair compensation for them in a trade.

So keep him for 3 years, and force him to abide by all rules. No more mansion AirBnB's for training camp, he gets to stay in the dorm. No more leeway, or veterans days off like he's been accustomed to. Step a toe out of line, get penalized. Keep acting like an ass, get suspended and rot for the next 3 years.

I'd rather eat his roster spot and salary for the next 3 years for zero production than let him win at shenanigans.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He going to lions
That's another one rumored to have had a deal in place, and he and his agent sabotaged it.

I think the Steelers need to swear off Rosenhaus clients going forward. Don't even consider them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, they need to keep him. They already paid him a massive amount of money up front for his next 3 years under contract.

Can't let players make dictates like this AND sabotage any chances to get fair compensation for them in a trade.

So keep him for 3 years, and force him to abide by all rules. No more mansion AirBnB's for training camp, he gets to stay in the dorm. No more leeway, or veterans days off like he's been accustomed to. Step a toe out of line, get penalized. Keep acting like an ass, get suspended and rot for the next 3 years.

I'd rather eat his roster spot and salary for the next 3 years for zero production than let him win at shenanigans.
Couldn't agree more. No more being Mr. Nice Guy with Brown.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another one rumored to have had a deal in place, and he and his agent sabotaged it.

I think the Steelers need to swear off Rosenhaus clients going forward. Don't even consider them.

Where did you hear? I think it happens to the lions. Staffords birthday is feb 7th and antonios is July 10th. 5 months and 3 days apart. Pats just won Super Bowl 53. Pats former assistant coach is there. It's been 26 years since lions won the division. Pats won 26th AFC championship. I feel it will happen. If not my 2nd option is 49ers

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, local beat writers are implying Brown had his agent tell the Bills he will not play there.

It may be fake news because Brown wanted it that way.

Makes sense....I'd like to see the Steelers stick it to this clown. Park his ass for the remainder of his contract and make an example out of him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear? I think it happens to the lions. Staffords birthday is feb 7th and antonios is July 10th. 5 months and 3 days apart. Pats just won Super Bowl 53. Pats former assistant coach is there. It's been 26 years since lions won the division. Pats won 26th AFC championship. I feel it will happen. If not my 2nd option is 49ers
Can't remember now. Looking around for it. But I saw a report that the Lions were interested and had a deal in place, but Brown and Drew got ahead of it and let them know he wasn't going to report if they traded, so it fell apart.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade value is dropping, I'm thinking now they could get a late 2nd round pick but probably a 3rd for him but every time one team says they are not interested, the trade value takes a hit. R.I.P.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he ever plays another down.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember now. Looking around for it. But I saw a report that the Lions were interested and had a deal in place, but Brown and Drew got ahead of it and let them know he wasn't going to report if they traded, so it fell apart.

Thanks, it's gonna be them or 49ers for sure

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, it's gonna be them or 49ers for sure
I mean, I HOPE they can move him, but it has to be fair compensation. A high 2 at minimum. Anything less and he needs to lose.

No one is getting the best WR in the league for a 3rd round pick. ABnormal brain or no.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows where he ends up, but SF is one stop he wants.

But with butthead calling the shots of where he will or won't play, PIT should've let Brown's agent work the deal and PIT say yeah or nay.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3