• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos vs. Vikings

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett said after the game the decision on Rypien vs Josh Johnson is going to be tough.

I am starting to think it is going to be Rypienn. After the Cowboys game I thought for sure Johnson but Rypien has out played him since. Also, seems to indicate we are only keeping 1 which is what we were expecting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett said after the game the decision on Rypien vs Josh Johnson is going to be tough.

I am starting to think it is going to be Rypienn. After the Cowboys game I thought for sure Johnson but Rypien has out played him since. Also, seems to indicate we are only keeping 1 which is what we were expecting.

Which honestly is how it should be. I hate when a roster keeps 3 QB's. Wasted roster spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle sprain for Brandon Johnson. Doesn't sound severe but as we know high ankle sprains can be tricky.

Remember one problem with putting players on short term IR to start the season is we have to make our cuts first then we can place players on short term IR and re-sign guys to active roster. So you still have to have so many players go through the waiver process.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle sprain for Brandon Johnson. Doesn't sound severe but as we know high ankle sprains can be tricky.

Remember one problem with putting players on short term IR to start the season is we have to make our cuts first then we can place players on short term IR and re-sign guys to active roster. So you still have to have so many players go through the waiver process.

I hate that rule. I get why they have it because teams would then just put a ton of players on short-term IR so other teams couldn't snatch a player up, but hate watching teams in real situations have to make that tough decision.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that rule. I get why they have it because teams would then just put a ton of players on short-term IR so other teams couldn't snatch a player up, but hate watching teams in real situations have to make that tough decision.

Agree- Should cap it at 3 pre cut down deadline short term IR’s.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make sense . teams would figure out a way
probably BB he’s always ahead of the curve

in hockey no salary cap for playoffs so teams would but star players on long term IR , (10 games) , get cap relief , trade for a player and bring IR player back in the playoffs and their salary does not count against the cap.

sure enough Avs did it with Landeskog
one other team figured out the loophole first

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet they go with Ryp. Younger, probably more upside, decent arm, decent legs, high football IQ. Plus it looks like they save $155K with the contracts. If it’s a coin toss save a few, well, COINS!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coins are shiny.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like turtles.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cawn.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Rypien has improved every single time I've seen him. And he has overcome his noodle arm. In the preseason each of the two QB's has looked better when surrounded by better players other than Johnson's poor play right at the beginning of the Cowboy game. I lean towards Rypien now after watching both of them.