• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos to sign Michael Huff

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully it's only for depth and not to start

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad depth signing...Still would rather see Champ or Jammer get some work at safety at this point.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with that, Rahim Moore goes on IR - Designated to return. He has to be out a minimum of 6 weeks, which is right about when the playoffs start.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with that, Rahim Moore goes on IR - Designated to return. He has to be out a minimum of 6 weeks, which is right about when the playoffs start.

The first game he can return for would be the AFC Championship Game just like last year with McGahee.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game he can return for would be the AFC Championship Game just like last year with McGahee.

Are you sure? Denver Post is reporting it's for 6 weeks. That would mean he would be eligible to return by wild card weekend (which hopefully Denver won't be playing on).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure? Denver Post is reporting it's for 6 weeks. That would mean he would be eligible to return by wild card weekend (which hopefully Denver won't be playing on).

Never mind. The Broncos tweeted that he's eligible to practice in 6 weeks and can play in 8 weeks, which does indeed mean he can't return until the AFC Championship game.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad depth signing...Still would rather see Champ or Jammer get some work at safety at this point.

I'm sure that's the intent. I would doubt Del Rio would bring in someone off the street to be the starter immediately. We'll probably stay in house, with Huff available for depth. And as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see more of Jammer this week with Gronkowski to contend with.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 2 were Tyler Sash and John Boyett. It is slim pickings at this time in the market.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit not good at all!! Jammer would be the better option.

Not sure why people feel this way. Just a few years ago this guy graded out as one of the top 5 safeties in the league. The Broncos aren't asking him to start at least now so he has some time to learn the system and maybe just maybe he can get back to playing at least at a decent level.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit not good at all!! Jammer would be the better option.

I seriously doubt they're going to start Huff anytime soon. Still, it would be irresponsible of them not to address the depth at the position.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff wasnt on a team that tells me alot. He is there for depth and hopefully they wont need him.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why people feel this way. Just a few years ago this guy graded out as one of the top 5 safeties in the league. The Broncos aren't asking him to start at least now so he has some time to learn the system and maybe just maybe he can get back to playing at least at a decent level.

A few years ago so that answers your own question and there is a reason why he wasnt on anyones roster. Hopefully the Broncos wont need him and if so hopefully he does well.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a fresh start with a contender is was he needed to reinvigorate his career. He did have a couple decent years before he fell off recently.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said.....I hope he doesn't see the field much unless it's necessary.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago so that answers your own question and there is a reason why he wasnt on anyones roster. Hopefully the Broncos wont need him and if so hopefully he does well.

How does that answer my question...he was released by the raiders not so much for his play on the field but because of his contract being out of whack. He only played one game for the ravens before they decided to play their rookie 1st round pick. Not sure that is showing he is horrible just not as highly thought of as he was a few years ago. Again this is a depth signing at a low contract that could turn into a high reward situation. Most likely not but if nothing else he is a decent depth guy for this team since he can play both safety positions and even played corner

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that answer my question...he was released by the raiders not so much for his play on the field but because of his contract being out of whack. He only played one game for the ravens before they decided to play their rookie 1st round pick. Not sure that is showing he is horrible just not as highly thought of as he was a few years ago. Again this is a depth signing at a low contract that could turn into a high reward situation. Most likely not but if nothing else he is a decent depth guy for this team since he can play both safety positions and even played corner

Agreed. He is a former 1st round pick. The NFL is a business and guys who can play at ma good level get cut all the time because of the money, especially by teams that are not in contention (Raiders) or teams that have cheaprer options in a rookie..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets to play at anytime the rest of season and he gets a pk 6........Great signing! :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said he was there for depth. I wonder if any of you can read? The fact that I dont want to see him on the field that much as well is that means another guy went down. I thought some of you were better then this. The fact is he wasnt on a team. I really dont care what he did years ago. Hopefully he will do fine if needed to.