• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos/Raiders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Raiders have not been great for years they are still probably my favorite team in the AFC West to beat every single year. When you throw in Raiders for a while thinking they were that dark horse playoff team would love nothing more than to add another L on their season.

As for news coming out for this upcoming game. Kubiak said today that he thinks there is a good chance DeMarcus Ware will get some playing time against the Raiders. They had him simulate 30 snaps before the game this past Sunday and really liked what they saw from him.

Osweiler has officially been named the starter this week. Manning is out of his boot and has started doing some throwing sessions indoors but will not be ready by this Sunday. From what I understand we should expect a similar announcement after this week.

With so many injuries at the Safety position there is talk that the team will maybe try Roby out at safety this week. Very good chance that TJ Ward will not be ready this week.

Now this is more a stat from last week but the Chargers never reached the Red Zone against the Broncos this past week. Fun fact in they had worked very hard all week on Red Zone defense especially to match up with Gates but never had to use it.

Omar Bolden also injured his hamstring this past week. Good chance he still plays though.

David Bruton will not be playing this week most likely. He has 2 sprained left knee ligaments and a bone bruise. He could be out 2 weeks.

The Broncos are still the only team to not allow a single 300 yard passer with only allowing 202 yards to Rivers this past week. The Broncos have played 5 of the top-10 teams in passing yards this year making that stat all the more impressive. By the end of the year good chance we have played possibly 7 of the top-10 passing teams in the league.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bruton or Ward? That's not good.

The corners better lock down Cooper.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bruton or Ward? That's not good.

The corners better lock down Cooper.

I honestly would love to see Webster get a shot at the SS position. The guy is much better when being able to see the field and use his superior athleticism to go and make a play. This allows us to keep Roby as the 3rd Corner where he has been dominating this year. Not the best situation of course but one thankfully our team has shown the depth has been amazing this year. Thankfully with getting Ware back this week our pass rush should be that much stronger even if he only plays say 25-30 snaps in this one.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer with Bruton. He's really played well when called upon. The safety situation is concerning for sure if Denver's pass rush is lacking at times next wknd vs Carr. They like the deep ball. Have confidence that Webster can handle that spot. His prob as corner was he got beat on double moves to often so playing S should at least take that element out. Carr is very good for a 2nd yr qb at looking off the safety with first read and going to his main guy. Hopefully Web does his homework and is wary of this. Ward would be just as vulnerable if not more so due to his speed. At least Web or Roby have the closing speed to adjust better and make a play to at least make a tackle.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruton has been playing some very good football. TJ Ward boosters the run game but hes a liability in the pass.
Webster scares me because he commits too many PF / holding penalties whether on the field or on special teams. Holding penalties signal he is being beaten.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruton has been playing some very good football. TJ Ward boosters the run game but hes a liability in the pass.
Webster scares me because he commits too many PF / holding penalties whether on the field or on special teams. Holding penalties signal he is being beaten.

That is why I feel like Safety might be his better position. He is playing with a bit more space and using his athleticism to close the gap. Throw in he is going against TE's who are traditionally a little slower than WR's so if he does get beat he has the speed to make up for it.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders were not a darkhorse playoff team as it turns out, but they are much better than I guessed they'd be this year. And you know they're going to give the Broncos their best shot.

Glad to see Oz getting another start. I don't know where this is heading this year with him and Manning. Hopefully to the SB. For now I want Oz to get used to beating up on the Raiders. And he should be able to take advantage of a soft Raiders pass defense. They aren't stopping the pass and they're middle of the pack against the run.

Our defense may have its work cut out for it against their offense. They're not great, but they're solid and can be explosive. Cooper is going to be a headache for a while to come, and Harris will have his hands full this week covering him.

Still I have a good feeling about this game. I don't expect it to be completely smooth and flawless, but I think we're going to see this team improve to 11 wins. With the Chiefs already at 5 losses, that'll put the Broncos very close to their 5th straight AFC West title.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr vs Oz - QB battle for the future? I've turned on JDR - so looking for him to take a beating.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Maurice Jones Drew and man does he not like the Broncos one bit. He predicted the Raiders to win this week with emphasis and the guy he was talking with asked him if this was personal to which he responded "yes." I didn't know MJD had a personal problem with the Broncos. He 3 weeks ago said the Broncos wouldn't win another game this season. After each win I make sure to tweet him to remind him of that prediction. Really hoping to get to do that again this week.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the Del Rio connection? I can't think of why MJD would be so angry.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the Del Rio connection? I can't think of why MJD would be so angry.

He did play for the Raiders his final year in the league so maybe that would be it but yeah every time he talks about the Broncos his whole body language changes and he seems to get visibly upset that anyone would say anything good about them. I would say the Del Rio thing might just be it. I mean he was his HC for all but 3 years I think of his career. This is why getting former players to be analyst is such a hard thing. They will always have a hatred for those rivals and will struggle to ever be objective. Heck I listened to Heath Evans the other day on the Broncos local radio and he said that he will always have a Patriot bias in everything he does. Every close call he will side with the Patriots. At least he was honest about it but it does make it hard to listen to these guys sometimes because of just how much hatred can come from their mouths not because of how a team truly is playing but because they just down right don't like the team and can never speak well of them.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really liked MJD, whenever he would score a touchdown against the Broncos he would do the Mile High Salute, that really pissed me off. I'm glad the Broncos keep proving him wrong.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play for the Raiders his final year in the league so maybe that would be it but yeah every time he talks about the Broncos his whole body language changes and he seems to get visibly upset that anyone would say anything good about them. I would say the Del Rio thing might just be it. I mean he was his HC for all but 3 years I think of his career. This is why getting former players to be analyst is such a hard thing. They will always have a hatred for those rivals and will struggle to ever be objective. Heck I listened to Heath Evans the other day on the Broncos local radio and he said that he will always have a Patriot bias in everything he does. Every close call he will side with the Patriots. At least he was honest about it but it does make it hard to listen to these guys sometimes because of just how much hatred can come from their mouths not because of how a team truly is playing but because they just down right don't like the team and can never speak well of them.

Never would have guess MJD had something against the Broncos. No matter, he's largely irrelevant both as a former player and now an analyst. Ironically enough one of the better players-turned-analysts is Ladainian Tomlinson. I thought he was a talented but soft player in his playing days. He also mocked the Mile High Salute but cried like a baby when Pats players mimicked the "lights out" sack celebration following a Pats upset of a 14-2 Chargers team. Then there was the fact that he always seemed injured in the playoffs when his team needed him. At any rate when he first appeared as an analyst I rolled my eyes. But he's actually really good. Pretty solid commentary and as unbiased as you can expect from a former player. Good for him. And MHD can suck a fart out of my ass!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would have guess MJD had something against the Broncos. No matter, he's largely irrelevant both as a former player and now an analyst. Ironically enough one of the better players-turned-analysts is Ladainian Tomlinson. I thought he was a talented but soft player in his playing days. He also mocked the Mile High Salute but cried like a baby when Pats players mimicked the "lights out" sack celebration following a Pats upset of a 14-2 Chargers team. Then there was the fact that he always seemed injured in the playoffs when his team needed him. At any rate when he first appeared as an analyst I rolled my eyes. But he's actually really good. Pretty solid commentary and as unbiased as you can expect from a former player. Good for him. And MHD can suck a fart out of my ass!

Haha yeah I actually do like Tomlinson a little more now that he is an analyst. He actually defended the Broncos pretty hard over the last couple of days. Another analyst had us losing 2 of our final 4 games and he just looked at him with that "Are you dumb" kind of look. Always nice to see a former rival be able to keep some of that bias out of the picture and sound intelligent. Same with Tony Gonzales in I usually enjoy listening to him speak as well. It seems though too often these networks would rather go for the guys who are just going to say the craziest things to get eyes on the screen.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one thing to remember is they're in a ratings based industry as analysts so making sense is less important than viewers watching. Accuracy is a luxury but certainly not required.

I hope you're tweeting MJD 7 straight more games, my friend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos can clinch our 5th straight division title with a win and Chiefs loss this Sunday.

We can also clinch a playoff spot with a Denver win and either a Jets loss or Pittsburgh loss. Essentially if either the Chiefs, Steelers, or Jets lose at any point in the next 4 weeks the Broncos clinch a playoff spot.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD was born in Oakland and was a die hard Raider fan. When he signed with Oakland, it was one of his emphasis that he was coming home and being a part of his favorite team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD was born in Oakland and was a die hard Raider fan. When he signed with Oakland, it was one of his emphasis that he was coming home and being a part of his favorite team.

Ahhh yeah that would make a lot of sense. He would have grown up watching Elway destroy the Raiders and yeah I can see that fueling his fire. Amazing how many great players come out of that Oakland area.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would have guess MJD had something against the Broncos. No matter, he's largely irrelevant both as a former player and now an analyst. Ironically enough one of the better players-turned-analysts is Ladainian Tomlinson. I thought he was a talented but soft player in his playing days. He also mocked the Mile High Salute but cried like a baby when Pats players mimicked the "lights out" sack celebration following a Pats upset of a 14-2 Chargers team. Then there was the fact that he always seemed injured in the playoffs when his team needed him. At any rate when he first appeared as an analyst I rolled my eyes. But he's actually really good. Pretty solid commentary and as unbiased as
Haha yeah I actually do like Tomlinson a little more now that he is an analyst. He actually defended the Broncos pretty hard over the last couple of days. Another analyst had us losing 2 of our final 4 games and he just looked at him with that "Are you dumb" kind of look. Always nice to see a former rival be able to keep some of that bias out of the picture and sound intelligent. Same with Tony Gonzales in I usually enjoy listening to him speak as well. It seems though too often these networks would rather go for the guys who are just going to say the craziest things to get eyes on the screen.
Tomlinson has come a long way since he first debuted. He finally got the nerves out. Gonzales has always been steady mature. Now if they would just dump Faulk and Irvin!!! I hit the mute button every time they have their M&M segment. I have to imagine the network has gotten tons of complaints about how frigging annoying and childish those two are. They prob see the rating are high but don`t realize half of their audience is hitting the mute button on them:)

you can expect from a former player. Good for him. And MHD can suck a fart out of my ass!